FS: Schneider 180mm f/5.6 Componon-S FOR TRADE

Old February 16th 04, 08:09 PM
Mr. Bill

Default FS: Schneider 180mm f/5.6 Componon-S FOR TRADE

Schneider Componon-S 180mm f/5.6 Enlarging Lens

Oddly, a Schneider Componon-S 180mm f/5.6 Enlarging Lens which is barrel
mounted. Its got a fixed aperture of f/8 which is about the sharpest
aperture for this lens (it's easily removed or replaced with a different
stop).

The lens is in like-new condition with mounting flange and perfect
optics. It came out of a piece of industrial equipment and the variable
aperture wasn't needed and the barrel mount was a cheaper alternative
for the equipment manufacturer. The lens covers 5x7, 4x5 and smaller.

Now, here's the deal! B&H sold this lens new for $748, Schneider will
mount this lens into a standard diaphragm mount for $175, it's in
equivalent condition to a new lens. Or, save even more money by using
the lens barrel mounted by varying your exposure time to compensate. It
could also be used as a great copy lens in a large format camera with a
focal-plane shutter like a Speed Graphic (or 35mm with a bellows) OR
have Schneider re-mount the lens into a Compur shutter (a standard
service by Schneider).

Instead of getting this lens cheap, you could get it for next-to
nothing! I'm willing to take something interesting in trade.

Take a look!
http://webpages.charter.net/wbgilloo...0CompSBM-S.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/wbgilloo...180CompSBM.jpg

Need I mention that the photos shows two views of the same lens, you are
bidding on ONE lens!

Trades!

Here are the things I'm interested in (I'd pay you if the item had
higher value than the lens):

Canon EOS brand or compatible equipment/lenses
Canon 35mm Macrophoto Lens
Canon Bellows M
Canon Digital ELPH (S400, S320, SD100, etc.)
Minolta Flashmeter V
Nikon Lenses for Nikon CoolPix 990 (FC-E8, WC-E24, TC-E2)
CompactFlash memory cards (128MB or bigger)
Pentax 110 Winder 2 (I have some extra Pentax 110 gear)
Ricoh R1 Camera
Studio flash/lighting equipment
Vacuum Easel and pump
Bogen/Manfrotto Tripod/Lighting accessories
Big soft boxes (Photoflex, etc.)
Mac compatible IDE/ATA 80GB or bigger 3.5" Hard Disks
LaCie or VST External FireWire Hard Disks
Blank CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW media
Long 100Base-T ethernet cables
Griffin brand accessories for Mac
PowerBook G3 "Pismo" w/USB & FireWire or...
PowerBook G4
Reasonably modern Pentium laptop PC (must be able to run XP)
Old Infinity speakers
Yamaha powered subwoofers
Sony ES audio equipment
Skil Super SandCat (or regular SandCat) belt sander

Drop me a line, every interesting offer will be considered!

Mr. Bill