Fire Update: Arsonist Arrested.

Old September 17th 16, 02:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Fire Update: Arsonist Arrested.

We have had arrest in the investigation of some of our local fires.
It appears that this particular arsonist was not involved in our large
"Chimney" fire, but her actions were to say the least disturbing as
this was not a case of a cigarette being carelessly disposed of. It
seems incendiary devices (probably road flares) and timing devices were
used.
http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/crime/article102221137.html

Savageduck

Old September 17th 16, 02:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

On 9/16/2016 9:18 PM, Savageduck wrote:
We have had arrest in the investigation of some of our local fires.
It appears that this particular arsonist was not involved in our large
"Chimney" fire, but her actions were to say the least disturbing as this
was not a case of a cigarette being carelessly disposed of. It seems
incendiary devices (probably road flares) and timing devices were used.
http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/crime/article102221137.html

Somewhat speechless other than "wow" and "WHY? WHY? WHY?"

==
Later...
Ron C

Old September 17th 16, 02:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-09-17 01:36:36 +0000, Ron C said:

On 9/16/2016 9:18 PM, Savageduck wrote:
We have had arrest in the investigation of some of our local fires.
It appears that this particular arsonist was not involved in our large
"Chimney" fire, but her actions were to say the least disturbing as this
was not a case of a cigarette being carelessly disposed of. It seems
incendiary devices (probably road flares) and timing devices were used.
http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/crime/article102221137.html

Somewhat speechless other than "wow" and "WHY? WHY? WHY?"

==
Later...
Ron C

I suspect there is going to be a mental health element, along with some
sort of obscessive disorder. This is not normal behavior.

Savageduck

Old September 17th 16, 01:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil[_9_]

On 9/16/2016 10:46 PM, RichA wrote:
On Friday, 16 September 2016 21:18:15 UTC-4, Savageduck wrote:
We have had arrest in the investigation of some of our local fires.
It appears that this particular arsonist was not involved in our large
"Chimney" fire, but her actions were to say the least disturbing as
this was not a case of a cigarette being carelessly disposed of. It
seems incendiary devices (probably road flares) and timing devices were
used.
http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/crime/article102221137.html

Savageduck

Another looney some progressive psychiatrists kept from being locked in an asylum?

What asylum might that be? The "conservatives" got rid of them decades
ago to save money and make government smaller.

--
Best regards,

Neil
Old September 17th 16, 04:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-09-17 15:20:07 +0000, RichA said:

On Saturday, 17 September 2016 08:11:59 UTC-4, Neil wrote:
[...]

President Kennedy

In 1955, the Joint Commission on Mental Health and Health was authorized to
investigate problems related to the mentally ill.

Le Snip

At least JFK, first as a Senator, then as President did something to
address the issue of mental health and the Community Mental Health Act
(1963) was a mixed success, and Jimmy Carter tried to fix some of its
failings.
Ronald Reagan did just the opposite and just exaccerbated the problem
by repealling all that JFK, LBJ, and Carter had done.
http://www.salon.com/2013/09/29/ronald_reagans_shameful_legacy_violence_the_homele ss_mental_illness/
http://sociology.org/content/vol003.004/thomas_d.html
http://content.healthaffairs.org/content/26/6/1548.full
http://www.nytimes.com/1984/10/30/science/how-release-of-mental-patients-began.html?pagewanted=all
http://www.povertyinsights.org/2013/10/14/did-reagans-crazy-mental-health-policies-cause-todays-homelessness/

Savageduck

Old September 17th 16, 06:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil[_9_]

On 9/17/2016 11:49 AM, Savageduck wrote:
On 2016-09-17 15:20:07 +0000, RichA said:

[...]

And, therein lies the reason we're living alongside these dangerous
loonies. After they've done their damage, their "treatment plan" is
provided by fellow prison inmates, and they come out sooooo much better
at being dangerous.

--
Best regards,

Neil
Old September 17th 16, 11:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2016-09-16 21:18, Savageduck wrote:
We have had arrest in the investigation of some of our local fires.
It appears that this particular arsonist was not involved in our large
"Chimney" fire, but her actions were to say the least disturbing as this
was not a case of a cigarette being carelessly disposed of. It seems
incendiary devices (probably road flares) and timing devices were used.
http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/crime/article102221137.html

Great if she's caught but if "use of a time delay device" is chargeable,
then I have some employees I'd like charged.

--
She hummed to herself because she was an unrivaled botcher of lyrics.
-Nick (Gone Girl), Gillian Flynn.
Old September 17th 16, 11:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-09-17 22:25:10 +0000, Alan Browne

On 2016-09-16 21:18, Savageduck wrote:
We have had arrest in the investigation of some of our local fires.
It appears that this particular arsonist was not involved in our large
"Chimney" fire, but her actions were to say the least disturbing as this
was not a case of a cigarette being carelessly disposed of. It seems
incendiary devices (probably road flares) and timing devices were used.
http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/crime/article102221137.html

Great if she's caught but if "use of a time delay device" is
chargeable, then I have some employees I'd like charged.

I guess a fuse in legalese is a "time delay device".

Savageduck

Old September 21st 16, 01:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Tue, 20 Sep 2016 04:27:02 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Saturday, 17 September 2016 02:36:48 UTC+1, Ron C wrote:
On 9/16/2016 9:18 PM, Savageduck wrote:
We have had arrest in the investigation of some of our local fires.
It appears that this particular arsonist was not involved in our large
"Chimney" fire, but her actions were to say the least disturbing as this
was not a case of a cigarette being carelessly disposed of. It seems
incendiary devices (probably road flares) and timing devices were used.
http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/crime/article102221137.html

Somewhat speechless other than "wow" and "WHY? WHY? WHY?"

A couple of people have claimed to see birds setting fires by taking burning embers from a fire and taking them and dropping them close by to start another small local fire, the observer said they then notice rdetns running from the resulting new fire. I think the birds were some form of canadian crow.
But as yet this hasn't been confirmed unlike crows using and making tools.

Similar behaviour has been confirmed in Australia.

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and...-playing-fire/
or http://tinyurl.com/zua75x5

Eric Stevens
Old October 2nd 16, 02:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

On Sat, 17 Sep 2016 08:11:52 -0400, Neil wrote:
: On 9/16/2016 10:46 PM, RichA wrote:
: On Friday, 16 September 2016 21:18:15 UTC-4, Savageduck wrote:
: We have had arrest in the investigation of some of our local fires.
: It appears that this particular arsonist was not involved in our large
: "Chimney" fire, but her actions were to say the least disturbing as
: this was not a case of a cigarette being carelessly disposed of. It
: seems incendiary devices (probably road flares) and timing devices were
: used.
: http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/crime/article102221137.html
: --
: Regards,
:
: Savageduck
:
: Another looney some progressive psychiatrists kept from being locked
: in an asylum?
:
: What asylum might that be? The "conservatives" got rid of them decades
: ago to save money and make government smaller.

Here in Massachusetts they were jettisoned by then-Governor Michael S.
Dukakis. No conservative he.

Bob