OLYMPUS STYLUS 400....?

Old February 24th 06, 06:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default OLYMPUS STYLUS 400....?

I have had one offered to me for 150$
from a fella who has "a 100% rating on
eBay".....has anyone used one and what
do you think of his offer? I would use it
for webtv e-mails etc....!!!

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Edie.....north of Seattle

Old March 2nd 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

I have the 400 and love it - especially the fact that it's water resistant.

BUT - the 400 does NOT have sound. The 410 does.

Carol
--
C and A Bredt

Old March 4th 06, 07:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:29:33 -0800, (÷÷Édie÷÷)
wrote:

I have had one offered to me for 150$
from a fella who has "a 100% rating on
eBay".....has anyone used one and what
do you think of his offer? I would use it
for webtv e-mails etc....!!!

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Edie.....north of Seattle

I currently use one for hiking photos. Most of the pix (except the
7 Lakes Hike) on my site were taken with the OLY 400.
http://vegashiker.smugmug.com You are welcome to see the results.
I shoot large file size (approx 2 mB) using 512 memory card. I can
shoot 2 weeks worth of photos (120+) on one battery charge (LCD Viewer
is turned off, and rarely used since it gets easily washed out in the
bright ambient light).
It's a small camera, and I have a mini case that attaches to the chest
strap of my backpack. It makes the camera quick and easy to get out &
use. The waterproof function helps in those sudden downpours. Same
case will attach to the waistbelt for travel/tourist photos.
A quick Froogle.com search shows that to be a very competitive price
with the exception of a factory refurb at 159.95