Rolleiflex 3.5E Lens Cap and Filter Size

Old July 3rd 06, 07:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Default Rolleiflex 3.5E Lens Cap and Filter Size

after got some useful feedbacks on this group from you, I finnaly
decided to buy the camera, and just payed the money and right here
waiting for the arrival of my Rolleiflex 3.5E Planar :-) but this
camera does not include a lens cap, so i want to know,

1, what other models of Rolleiflex have the same lens caps as 3.5E's ?
2, have you guy ever bought used Rollei TLR w/o a lens caps? if so,
what's your solution of protecting your lens?
3, what's the filter size for 3.5E Planar?

thank you very much.

-
woody

Old July 3rd 06, 08:24 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

On 2006-07-03, Steven Woody wrote:
after got some useful feedbacks on this group from you, I finnaly
decided to buy the camera, and just payed the money and right here
waiting for the arrival of my Rolleiflex 3.5E Planar :-) but this
camera does not include a lens cap, so i want to know,

1, what other models of Rolleiflex have the same lens caps as 3.5E's ?
2, have you guy ever bought used Rollei TLR w/o a lens caps? if so,
what's your solution of protecting your lens?
3, what's the filter size for 3.5E Planar?

thank you very much.

-
woody

My advice (borne out of experience) is be careful!

All 3.5E models with f/3.5 Planar (or Xenotar) lenses use Bayonet 2
filters. It follows therefore that they use Bayonet 2 caps.

The 3.5E3 however is subtly different, in the that spacing between the
2 lenses is greater than that on an E1 or E2, meaning the cap is
different.

To answer question 2, Yes I have bought a Rollei TLR without caps (off
eBay of course). My solution was to also buy a cap off eBay, but I
realised (having also got an E1) that the caps were different. In the
end, I took a gamble, and bought a satin chrome cap for a 3.5F, and it fits nicely.
Not sure if it is authentic for the camera, but it's a user camera, so I'm not too concerned.

The thread at
http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-...?msg_id=006Sjy goes some
way to explaining the above comments.

hth

--
Jon
jondotrogersatntlworlddotcom
Old July 3rd 06, 01:04 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Hi Woody,

Recently, Steven Woody posted:

after got some useful feedbacks on this group from you, I finnaly
decided to buy the camera, and just payed the money and right here
waiting for the arrival of my Rolleiflex 3.5E Planar :-) but this
camera does not include a lens cap, so i want to know,

1, what other models of Rolleiflex have the same lens caps as 3.5E's
? 2, have you guy ever bought used Rollei TLR w/o a lens caps? if so,
what's your solution of protecting your lens?
3, what's the filter size for 3.5E Planar?

There are plenty of Rollei TLR lens caps on "the auction site". I wouldn't
call these things rare, but they can be pricey. Best bet is to look them
over and find one that best matches your camera.

Regards,

Neil