Online Picture Storage

Old July 7th 06, 08:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

Default Online Picture Storage

Question - do people ever store their pictures on online sites instead
of burning them to disk? I know I should back up all my important material
and photos after I load them on my computer in case of a hard drive failure.

I've always been put off by paying money to sites that allow you to post
pictures on their sites and let other people view them. But I got to
thinking - instead of backing up all my photos to disks maybe it would be
easier and better to find a site that I can upload my pictures to and keep
them there permanently. Also, I can give family members the chance to view
all my photos and not just the ones I e-mail to them.

So, what's your opinion of using online sites as a back up? Do you have
any recommendations? I suppose I would be willing to pay around $20.00 a
year if the online site would allow me to post all my pictures at their full
size plus allow family members to view the photos.

What are the best online sites out there for this?

Thanks!

Old July 8th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Debi

Hi:

PhotoMax gives you 5 GB of on-line picture Storage FREE with any new
account. Also you get 20 4x6 and 1 8x10 prints FREE when you set up an
account. They back up their servers daily in a granite vault.

They also can put your stills to CD for you.

To set up a new account to to dvoris.myphotomax.com. If you have any
questions, please let me know.

Debi