D70 Command Dial Failure

Old September 2nd 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dana John Hill

Default D70 Command Dial Failure

I got caught this evening in a bad thunderstorm in St. Augustine and my D70
got a bit moist. Everything about it is fine except the main command dial;
it no longer does anything. I tried the master reset to no effect. Any
other advice?

Thanks.

Dana

Old September 2nd 07, 04:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Sep 2, 11:51 am, "Dana John Hill"
wrote:
I got caught this evening in a bad thunderstorm in St. Augustine and my D70
got a bit moist. Everything about it is fine except the main command dial;
it no longer does anything. I tried the master reset to no effect. Any
other advice?

Thanks.

Dana

Probably too late, but *get the battery/ies out* and place it in a
warm dry location. Depending on how 'moist', give it a few days even,
and then try again.

Damage can be done to wet circuitry where there is any potential
source of electric current.

A small amount of rain spattering is usually not terminal, but it
depends. Hope you're insured..

Old September 2nd 07, 06:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
cjcampbell

On Sep 1, 6:51 pm, "Dana John Hill"
wrote:
I got caught this evening in a bad thunderstorm in St. Augustine and my D70
got a bit moist. Everything about it is fine except the main command dial;
it no longer does anything. I tried the master reset to no effect. Any
other advice?

Thanks.

Dana

Okay, freaky, considering that I have had no trouble with the D70 in a
cat 5 typhoon, but accidents happen. :-(

You will have take the batteries out and let it dry, preferably near
an air conditioner (these dehumidify the air) and hope that it is not
permanently damaged.

Old September 2nd 07, 06:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dana John Hill

"Dana John Hill" wrote in message
I got caught this evening in a bad thunderstorm in St. Augustine and my D70
got a bit moist. Everything about it is fine except the main command dial;
it no longer does anything. I tried the master reset to no effect. Any
other advice?

Good news! I did as suggested here, took the batteries out, and after just
sitting in the A/C overnight, it's healed. So, thanks for the tips, and I
am back in business.

Dana