Mars Panorama - Curiosity rover: Martian solar day 2082

Old November 30th 18, 03:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_5_]

Default Mars Panorama - Curiosity rover: Martian solar day 2082

Absolutely awesome!

https://www.360cities.net/image/mars...solar-day-2082

Fantastic detail. Hard to believe (but I do!)

Enjoy! :-)

--
David B.
Old November 30th 18, 10:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Peter Jason

On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 14:25:51 +0000, "David B."
"David wrote:

Absolutely awesome!

https://www.360cities.net/image/mars...solar-day-2082

Fantastic detail. Hard to believe (but I do!)

Enjoy! :-)

Magic; can this be copied?
Old December 1st 18, 07:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_5_]

"David wrote:

Absolutely awesome!

https://www.360cities.net/image/mars...solar-day-2082

Fantastic detail. Hard to believe (but I do!)

Enjoy! :-)

Magic; can this be copied?

I'm afraid I don't know, Peter, but you could ask he-

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads...-2082.2157892/

I'm glad you liked exploring the incedibly detailed images.

David B.

Old December 1st 18, 09:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil[_9_]

"David wrote:

Absolutely awesome!

https://www.360cities.net/image/mars...solar-day-2082

Fantastic detail. Hard to believe (but I do!)

Enjoy! :-)

Magic; can this be copied?

Perhaps there's something to acquire from the source:

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/msl/index.html

--
best regards,

Neil
Old December 3rd 18, 12:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_5_]

On 03/12/2018 10:59, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Saturday, 1 December 2018 18:34:56 UTC, nospam wrote:
In article , Peter Jason
wrote:

Absolutely awesome!

https://www.360cities.net/image/mars...solar-day-2082

Fantastic detail. Hard to believe (but I do!)

Enjoy! :-)

Magic; can this be copied?

not legally.

I guess it depends on wha's meant by copy.
I copied an early one years ago, printed in out as a backdrop for my aquarium.

I'll bet your fish have been fascinated ever since! ;-)

Anyway as soon as you view it you are copying the image to your local cache and that isn't illegal.

Is it possible to find that image in one's "local cache" and then print
directly from there?

I wouldn't worry about the legality unless I was selling copies of it or attempting to claim I am the author or owner.

We are of like minds! Maybe we think 'differently' because we're Brits! ;-)

David B.
Old December 9th 18, 06:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 12/1/2018 1:34 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Peter Jason
wrote:

Absolutely awesome!

https://www.360cities.net/image/mars...solar-day-2082

Fantastic detail. Hard to believe (but I do!)

Enjoy! :-)

Magic; can this be copied?

not legally.

Why do you say that?
On what information do you base your conclusion?

--
PeterN
Old December 9th 18, 07:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

wrote:

Absolutely awesome!

https://www.360cities.net/image/mars...solar-day-2082

Fantastic detail. Hard to believe (but I do!)

Enjoy! :-)

Magic; can this be copied?

not legally.

Further answer. Under NASA's media usage guidelines the original images
are not copyrighted. You can legally use them for personal use.

--
PeterN
Old December 9th 18, 07:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Absolutely awesome!

https://www.360cities.net/image/mars...solar-day-2082

Fantastic detail. Hard to believe (but I do!)

Enjoy! :-)

Magic; can this be copied?

not legally.

Why do you say that?
On what information do you base your conclusion?

because there is a shopping cart icon (top right corner), which when
clicked, brings up a choice of licensing terms and prices.
Old December 9th 18, 07:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Absolutely awesome!

https://www.360cities.net/image/mars...solar-day-2082

Fantastic detail. Hard to believe (but I do!)

Enjoy! :-)

Magic; can this be copied?

not legally.

Further answer. Under NASA's media usage guidelines the original images
are not copyrighted. You can legally use them for personal use.

then why does that site charge licensing fees for the images?

click the shopping cart icon at the top right.

if they can be legally used for personal use, why is that option not
offered and why is the site charging for what is supposedly not
copyrighted and that they did not even create?