Jupiter photos

Old November 11th 17, 07:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

Default Jupiter photos

"android" wrote

| I don't know about 'fake' so much as a good way to show the scale of
| the Great Red Spot.
|
| It's FAKE science it tell ya! FAAKE!!!!!

That ought to teach you not to make jokes about
such a grave issue.

Old November 11th 17, 10:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 11/11/2017 1:46 PM, Mayayana wrote:
"android" wrote

| I don't know about 'fake' so much as a good way to show the scale of
| the Great Red Spot.
|
| It's FAKE science it tell ya! FAAKE!!!!!

That ought to teach you not to make jokes about
such a grave issue.

Here is a grave issue, illustrated:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bwywpdvklihzqq/Photo%20Sep%2002%2C%205%2010%2056%20PM.jpg?dl=0

--
PeterN
Old November 11th 17, 11:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

On 09/11/2017 09:23, David B. wrote:
"Traveling above Jupiter at more than 130,000 miles per hour, NASA's $1
billion Juno probe took its ninth set of stunning flyby images on
October 24. But the sun slipped between the giant planet and Earth for
more than a week, blocking the spacecraft from beaming home its precious
bounty of data.

Now that the conjunction is over, however, new raw image data from
Juno's ninth perijove — as the spacecraft's high-speed flybys are called
— has poured in. Researchers posted it all online on Tuesday, and a
community of amateurs and professionals has been busily processing the
data to yield colorful and stunning new pictures of Jupiter."

http://www.sci-techuniverse.com/2017...just-sent.html

Fascinating images. Enjoy! :-)

Indeed.

But Chevrons? Looks like an ordinary Von Karman vortex street to me.
Old November 12th 17, 12:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

On 11/11/2017 22:04, newshound wrote:
[...]

This link, posted earlier in this thread, by Davoud, shows MUCH better
images:-

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/juno/images/index.html

--
David B.
Old November 12th 17, 08:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
PeterN wrote:

On 11/11/2017 1:46 PM, Mayayana wrote:
"android" wrote

| I don't know about 'fake' so much as a good way to show the scale of
| the Great Red Spot.
|
| It's FAKE science it tell ya! FAAKE!!!!!

That ought to teach you not to make jokes about
such a grave issue.

Here is a grave issue, illustrated:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bwywpdvkl...05%2010%2056%2
0PM.jpg?dl=0

That's deep. That's ART!!!
--
teleportation kills
Old November 13th 17, 12:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Saturday, 11 November 2017 16:28:09 UTC, android wrote:

I don't know about 'fake' so much as a good way to show the scale of
the Great Red Spot.

It's FAKE science it tell ya! FAAKE!!!!!
--
teleportation kills

Anyone had any thoughts about these fake aliens.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/...mified-aliens-
Peru-UFO-three-fingered

You can clearly see on this picture that the digits are malformed and
have the number of bones expected of a full hand. Cult surgery or
inbreeding?

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img...-Tomb-Aliens-8
59016.jpg
--
teleportation kills
Old November 13th 17, 03:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

"Whisky-dave" wrote

Every single colour you see is made up becvause colours don;t really exist
all we have is light of differnt wavelenghs human yes and animals takes thes
wavelenghts and the chemical and sensory reactions that take place make us
see colours.

What you're saying is not wrong but you're losing
track of context, so that your argument becomes
just endless devil's advocate to no purpose.

Light reflecting off Jupiter has wavelengths. Those
correspond to colors. You can argue about whether
a color is magenta or crimson and you can argue about
whether colors have true existence. You can argue about
whether a tree in the woods has dark brown bark if no
one is there to look at it. But the issue is much simpler
than that: People are colorizing the Jupiter photos willy
nilly and the public is not clearly informed of that. The
motive for colorizing is to make the images look more
interesting to the public. They're mixing marketing with
science. The NASA marketers clearly think that colors
exist.

Old November 13th 17, 04:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
"Mayayana" wrote:

"Whisky-dave" wrote

[---]

What you're saying is not wrong but you're losing
track of context, so that your argument becomes
just endless devil's advocate to no purpose.

Oki...
--
teleportation kills
Old November 15th 17, 03:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

"Whisky-dave" wrote

| What do you think of this image then ?
|
| A colourful moon.
|
| https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap171111.html

I'd say a NASA wiseguy took a shot of onyx tile
in his bathroom.

This reminds me of Oliver Stone movies and
the increasing trend toward "vaguely based on
fact". True stories are interesting because
they're true. On the one hand we could say
that truth is in the eye of the beholder. To
some extent that's accurate. But there is also
valid objective truth on a relative level. I
never went to see Stone's Nixon and generally
don't watch any of his movies because they're
lies in the service of marketing. He feels he has
the right to exploit the "based on fact" angle while
at the same time making up his own facts. It
doesn't work that way. His work distorts history.

Your link to the moon photo is interesting in
that it has a purpose. As explianed, it's really
more a chart of mineral deposits than a photo.
They make that clear. But if they pull an Oliver
Stone and say this is the real moon then it's
misleading (that is, lies) for the sake of
entertainment.

Old November 15th 17, 07:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
"Mayayana" wrote:

I'd say a NASA wiseguy took a shot of onyx tile
in his bathroom.

I enjoyed 2001 last night. I fast forwarded 2010 today... Ain't tapes
great!
--
teleportation kills