New Card Reader

Old January 4th 09, 07:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_7_]

Default New Card Reader

George Kerby wrote:
On 1/3/09 10:19 AM, in article
, "David J Taylor"
wrote:

George Kerby wrote:
[]

George,

Having made your comments about a particular newsgroup poster rather
more than once already, perhaps you could now give it a rest?

Thanks,
David

I'm sorry Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

(with regards to Arthur C. Clark)

Thanks, George - nice one!

As I find such comments less than helpful, you leave me with no
alternative but to cease receiving all messages from you. Nothing
personal, you understand.

Cheers,
David

Old January 4th 09, 08:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Chuck Ramsey

On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 20:25:35 -0600, George Kerby
wrote:

YOU are the ONE reason people do not go to Usenet.

On the contrary. It is the resident-trolls who have set up their one and only
virtual-life on usenet that have destroyed it. People like you. Those who have
no connection with reality and the real world anymore, if ever. They invent
phantasmagorical beliefs about all they know. Psychotically believing what
others just like them have also come to "know" and perpetuate with their
virtual-lives in their virtual-world spewing their virtual psychotic nonsense.

Just as you are doing right now.

Anyone who doesn't
believe me, just go to alt.cellular.cingular and check out NavASS' agitation
of the regulars there in that NG.

Translation: "regulars there in that NG" = resident-trolls living out
virtual-lives spewing their psychotic beliefs that are not based on anything in
reality.

Most of the posters have left ONLY because
of in regular postings like he is some kind of "king" of that group.

Translation: Anyone helpful has left due to virtual-living psychotic
resident-trolls just like George Kerby.

What a
moron. Who gives a crap about a moto cell charger? NO ONE, but NavASS, who
publishes an "FYI" every week about it?!? NavASS is an ASSHOLE!!!!

The thin guise of virtual-life is that threatened into crumbling all about you,
is it?

Congrats, NavASS, for ruining ANOTHER newsgroup, you pompous asshole...

Translation: Someone with some real knowledge is threatening the existence of
their only-known virtual social-life and imaginary world based on
net-perpetuated nonsense started by know-nothing trolls like yourself.

Old January 4th 09, 09:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Dudley Hanks wrote:
"George Kerby" wrote in message

On 1/3/09 11:09 AM, in article %YM7l.1981$PH1.1789@edtnps82, "Dudley
Hanks"
wrote:

"George Kerby" wrote in message
Dudley, you are wasting your time with this asshole...
At first, I thought he was maybe a bit slow, but, it's clear you (and
others) are right about John.

Sad, but true...

Take Care, George. BTW, if you are going to be in the San Francisco area
between January 11 and February 1 and want to get together for a coffee,
send me a note. I'll be training with my new guide and have Sundays off.

Caio,
Dudley

I thought that was the reason you were there (in SF Bay area) from the

It's too bad that John, who lives there, doesn't have the balls to offer
you
the invite for a coffee, but I digress. I am stuck in Houston at present.
Come on down and I will introduce you to my GSD, Sasha.

I hope your new Guide is as a great companion as Dima, but I know with old
companions, the new ones have a challenge by the memories in our minds.

Happy New Year!

*GK

John and I in Starbucks... That would be interesting.

I'm game, but he's in my twit file, so he'll have to find some way to
contact me if he's interested.

Can't say with any certainty we'd both walk away...

Take Care,
Dudley

Don't worry, Dudley, John is a confirmed pacifist.
Old January 4th 09, 09:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
N[_5_]

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message

Don't worry, Dudley, John is a confirmed pacifist.

I would have said he's all talk and no action.

Old January 4th 09, 04:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
savvo

On 2009-01-04, David J Taylor wrote:
savvo wrote:
[]
My one month old Dell PC, awaiting surgery to repair my
cack-handedness...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43805195@N00/3163477859/

[]

Are you going to try and do the repair yourself?

Yes. Nothing to lose ... if I break the pin off I'll just keep using the
same USB CF reader I've used for years.

--
savvo orig. invib. man
Old January 4th 09, 04:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
savvo

On 2009-01-04, George Kerby wrote:

Congrats, NavASS, for ruining ANOTHER newsgroup, you pompous asshole...

He tried the same thing, with the same plan of attack, at the exact same
time last year. And he gave up within a few weeks by which time he was
being roundly ignored. He only just came out of my killfile a couple of
months ago due to his inactivity.

He'll be wandering off, muttering to himself, any day now.

--
savvo orig. invib. man
Old January 4th 09, 04:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_5_]

On 2009-01-04, David J Taylor
wrote:
savvo wrote:
[]
My one month old Dell PC, awaiting surgery to repair my
cack-handedness...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43805195@N00/3163477859/

[]

Are you going to try and do the repair yourself?

Yes. Nothing to lose ... if I break the pin off I'll just keep using
the
same USB CF reader I've used for years.

On first thoughts, yes, that's what I would do as well. If you do break
off the pin, Dell might send you a replacement, as it's under guarantee.
Thinking further, not sure I'd want to trust a pin which has been bent
twice not to break off permanently, so I would probably see if Dell would
offer a replacement in any case. At least with the USB reader you're not
completely stuck.

Cheers,
David

Old January 4th 09, 05:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
savvo

On 2009-01-04, David J Taylor
wrote:
savvo wrote:
[]
My one month old Dell PC, awaiting surgery to repair my
cack-handedness...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43805195@N00/3163477859/
[]

Are you going to try and do the repair yourself?

Yes. Nothing to lose ... if I break the pin off I'll just keep using
the
same USB CF reader I've used for years.

On first thoughts, yes, that's what I would do as well. If you do break
off the pin, Dell might send you a replacement, as it's under guarantee.
Thinking further, not sure I'd want to trust a pin which has been bent
twice not to break off permanently, so I would probably see if Dell would
offer a replacement in any case. At least with the USB reader you're not
completely stuck.

If I'd bought it from Dell, maybe. This is a cheap discontinued Dell
from a broker.

--
savvo orig. invib. man
Old January 4th 09, 06:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Warren Block

savvo wrote:
My one month old Dell PC, awaiting surgery to repair my
cack-handedness...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43805195@N00/3163477859/

Are you going to try and do the repair yourself?

Yes. Nothing to lose ... if I break the pin off I'll just keep using the
same USB CF reader I've used for years.

From the CF pinout, looks like that's a VCC (+5V/+3.3V) pin. The one
right above it is a duplicate. So it's possible that the reader will
still work without it. Test with a throwaway CF, of course.

Old January 4th 09, 08:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
savvo

On 2009-01-04, Warren Block wrote:
savvo wrote:
My one month old Dell PC, awaiting surgery to repair my
cack-handedness...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43805195@N00/3163477859/

Are you going to try and do the repair yourself?

Yes. Nothing to lose ... if I break the pin off I'll just keep using the
same USB CF reader I've used for years.

From the CF pinout, looks like that's a VCC (+5V/+3.3V) pin. The one
right above it is a duplicate. So it's possible that the reader will
still work without it. Test with a throwaway CF, of course.

I wondered if it might be a redundant pin ... will try it with this
pointless 256M card that sits on my desk, thanks.

--
savvo orig. invib. man