upcoming studio shoot question

Old February 17th 04, 05:31 PM
photo

Default upcoming studio shoot question

I have an upcoming studio shoot, majority of film will be black and white.
I have photographed nudes in workshops and friends in home studio.

First nude shoot for this model.
I have picked 2x3 softboxes as lighting, I have light meter.
Currently preparing Model Release.

I am wondering if I am overlooking some small detail (I have booked the
studio).
Any tips for studio shoots would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Old February 17th 04, 06:38 PM
Dennis O'Connor

2X3 what, feet, meters ? A 2x3 foot, box is small for full figure work,
unless you stack them...
Background, props?
Clothing, gloves, nylons, scarves, sheets, drapes, sun glasses, etc.?
Who is doing the hair and the makeup? And supplies...
Filters, light green for minimizing skin blemishes and veins... Light yellow
also workable if she is young enough to still have peaches and cream skin...
Enough heat in the studio for nudes? mucho importante unless blue veins and
goose bumps turn you on Bring an extra electric heater...
A warm dressing gown she can throw on between setups...
Something warm for her to drink, tea usually works...
Music? Who is picking it?
A fan if you need hair blowing...
Enough staff that she is comfortable naked in front of you, but not so many
she feels like she is on the menu...
Who is stuffing film into cameras?
more than one body, right?!? You lose a lot of time and break the mood if
you have to stop every 12 shots...

That's starters... Google on the topic, lots of books out there...
denny

Old February 17th 04, 06:57 PM
Gordon Moat

photo wrote:
I have an upcoming studio shoot, majority of film will be black and white.
I have photographed nudes in workshops and friends in home studio.

First nude shoot for this model.
I have picked 2x3 softboxes as lighting, I have light meter.
Currently preparing Model Release.

I am wondering if I am overlooking some small detail (I have booked the
studio).
Any tips for studio shoots would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Going by the simple accounting of your set-up, it would seem that
including a make-up artist would be a good idea. Some models are good at
doing this themselves, but rather than hope for that, just get someone
who knows what they are doing.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
Alliance Graphique Studio
http://www.allgstudio.com

Old February 17th 04, 10:37 PM
Gregory W Blank

In article 7esYb.527027$JQ1.241880@pd7tw1no,
"photo" wrote:

I have an upcoming studio shoot, majority of film will be black and white.
I have photographed nudes in workshops and friends in home studio.

First nude shoot for this model.
I have picked 2x3 softboxes as lighting, I have light meter.
Currently preparing Model Release.

I am wondering if I am overlooking some small detail (I have booked the
studio).
Any tips for studio shoots would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Don't drool.
--
LF website http://members.bellatlantic.net/~gblank

Old February 18th 04, 03:56 AM
Randall Ainsworth

I have an upcoming studio shoot, majority of film will be black and white.
I have photographed nudes in workshops and friends in home studio.

First nude shoot for this model.
I have picked 2x3 softboxes as lighting, I have light meter.
Currently preparing Model Release.

I am wondering if I am overlooking some small detail (I have booked the
studio).
Any tips for studio shoots would greatly be appreciated.

How about a good working knowledge of light and shadow along with a
good grasp of posing?
Old February 19th 04, 07:22 PM
Patrick L.

"photo" wrote in message
I have an upcoming studio shoot, majority of film will be black and white.
I have photographed nudes in workshops and friends in home studio.

First nude shoot for this model.
I have picked 2x3 softboxes as lighting, I have light meter.
Currently preparing Model Release.

I am wondering if I am overlooking some small detail (I have booked the
studio).
Any tips for studio shoots would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

A female assistant (if you are a male) and a make up artist (or one that is
both) are essential, as well as a robe for her to wear while you change
rolls, set up camera, etc.

Make sure the room temperature is comfortable, and her favorite music is
available, in the background.

Patrick

Old February 19th 04, 09:07 PM
KBob

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:31:47 GMT, "photo"
wrote:

I have an upcoming studio shoot, majority of film will be black and white.
I have photographed nudes in workshops and friends in home studio.

First nude shoot for this model.
I have picked 2x3 softboxes as lighting, I have light meter.
Currently preparing Model Release.

I am wondering if I am overlooking some small detail (I have booked the
studio).
Any tips for studio shoots would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

It might be helpful to have handy a book of standard poses, or put
together a collection of poses you favor. It's always much easier for
the model to see a picture of how you want it done, at least as a
starting point. Your softboxes seem a little small, I'd favor having
one rather large one in addition to the smaller. Plan their placement
carefully, and have a couple silver or white reflectors (or
illustration board) handy. Above all, get yourself a good incident
meter (with flash capability) so you can get your lighting balance
sorted out beforehand.