Flash slide show with music

Old January 20th 08, 12:07 AM posted to comp.multimedia,rec.photo.digital
Neil Jones[_2_]

Default Flash slide show with music

Hello,

I have a huge set of pictures from a recent vacation which I would like
to creat a slide show. Several tools that I have explored were
Powerpoint and Windows Movie maker. There are limitation with
Powerpoint with music. The Windows Movie maker create a file about 9+
GB file without sound.

This is what I would really like to do.
Create a slide show according to the timeline.
Add different music at different stages of the slide show.

Which tools are available to create a good slide show presentation?

Can Flash files create a full screen slide shows? Can I add
titles/comments to Flash slide shows?

Thank you in advance for any help and advice.

Regards,

NJ
Old January 20th 08, 01:06 AM posted to comp.multimedia,rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 19:07:55 -0500, Neil Jones
wrote:

Hello,

I have a huge set of pictures from a recent vacation which I would like
to creat a slide show. Several tools that I have explored were
Powerpoint and Windows Movie maker. There are limitation with
Powerpoint with music. The Windows Movie maker create a file about 9+
GB file without sound.

Check out Photo Story 3 for Windows instead of Windows Movie Maker
since you're using stills. Title, backgrounds, and music can be
included.

Check out Papa John's site on PS3. www.papajohn.org

There's a link there on the left about PS3. Best source on the web
for tips on anything to do with MM or PS3.

--

Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old January 20th 08, 06:54 AM posted to comp.multimedia,rec.photo.digital
Paul Furman

Neil Jones wrote:
Hello,

I have a huge set of pictures from a recent vacation which I would like
to creat a slide show. Several tools that I have explored were
Powerpoint and Windows Movie maker. There are limitation with
Powerpoint with music. The Windows Movie maker create a file about 9+
GB file without sound.

This is what I would really like to do.
Create a slide show according to the timeline.
Add different music at different stages of the slide show.

Which tools are available to create a good slide show presentation?

Proshow Gold is one that people here seem to like. I've been playing
with Sony Vegas but that's more like MovieMaker, huge files... but I've
got some video clips also. Proshow might even handle some video clips,
I'm not sure. Definitely it is a neat trick to zoom into and pan across
high res stills.

Old January 20th 08, 12:37 PM posted to comp.multimedia,rec.photo.digital
Neil Jones[_2_]

wrote:

Hello,

I have a huge set of pictures from a recent vacation which I would like
to creat a slide show. Several tools that I have explored were
Powerpoint and Windows Movie maker. There are limitation with
Powerpoint with music. The Windows Movie maker create a file about 9+
GB file without sound.

Check out Photo Story 3 for Windows instead of Windows Movie Maker
since you're using stills. Title, backgrounds, and music can be
included.

Check out Papa John's site on PS3. www.papajohn.org

There's a link there on the left about PS3. Best source on the web
for tips on anything to do with MM or PS3.

Thank you for replying. I downloaded Photo Story 3 and tested it out.
It is very simple but has a limitation of 300 pictures only. The output
file is also limited to WMV file.

NJ
Old January 20th 08, 12:39 PM posted to comp.multimedia,rec.photo.digital
Neil Jones[_2_]

Paul Furman wrote:
Neil Jones wrote:
[...]

Thank you for replying. I am downloading ProShow Gold and will try it out.

My other question is can Flash movies be created for full screen at good
resolution?

THank you once again.

Regards,

NJ
Old January 20th 08, 04:37 PM posted to comp.multimedia,rec.photo.digital
Jim Nason

On 2008-01-19 19:07:55 -0500, Neil Jones said:

Hello,

I have a huge set of pictures from a recent vacation which I would like
to creat a slide show. Several tools that I have explored were
Powerpoint and Windows Movie maker. There are limitation with
Powerpoint with music. The Windows Movie maker create a file about 9+
GB file without sound.

This is what I would really like to do.
Create a slide show according to the timeline.
Add different music at different stages of the slide show.

Which tools are available to create a good slide show presentation?

Can Flash files create a full screen slide shows? Can I add
titles/comments to Flash slide shows?

Thank you in advance for any help and advice.

Regards,

NJ

Quicktime Pro? Yes it works on Windows as well as Mac.
--
jen ... not.. home...//// yahoo... com

Old January 20th 08, 06:18 PM posted to comp.multimedia,rec.photo.digital
Paul Furman

Neil Jones wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
Neil Jones wrote:

This is what I would really like to do.
Create a slide show according to the timeline.
Add different music at different stages of the slide show.

Which tools are available to create a good slide show presentation?

Proshow Gold is one that people here seem to like. I've been playing
with Sony Vegas but that's more like MovieMaker, huge files... but
I've got some video clips also. Proshow might even handle some video
clips, I'm not sure. Definitely it is a neat trick to zoom into and
pan across high res stills.

Thank you for replying. I am downloading ProShow Gold and will try it out.

My other question is can Flash movies be created for full screen at good
resolution?

I don't know, check it out & report back :-) It makes sense that this
should work since I assume this approach just zooms & pans the original
jpeg rather than making 30 individual frames per second.
Old January 21st 08, 03:31 AM posted to comp.multimedia,rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 19:07:55 -0500, Neil Jones
wrote in
:

PhotoShow. Website and software. http://www.photoshow.com/

--
Best regards,
John Navas
Old March 18th 08, 11:29 PM posted to comp.multimedia,rec.photo.digital
Deb...

I use slideshow pro, but it only allows music for each 'slide show'.
You can go into flash and toggle some code so that you have a main
display page for all of your galleries.

Its xml backed so you can open it in notepad and add more images and
add in information.

deb.