Setting color profile in camera??

Old March 9th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
k-man

Default Setting color profile in camera??

On Mar 5, 9:13 am, "stormlady" wrote:
Hi all,

So I'm taking a photography course with one of our local photographers
and as part of the course, we covered in camera color profiles. His
recommendation was to set the camera to Adobe RGB as opposed to sRGB.
He said it is more of an industry standard, or something like that, a
more true color rendition because it has more actual colors available
to it.

Depends on what you're going to do. If you're never going to print
and only want to click and then post to the web, do sRGB. Otherwise,
use Adobe RGB.

Kevin

Then on Saturday, DBf attends a photography workshop at the local
camera store, and they recommend the exact opposite, to keep the
camera in sRGB instead of adobe RGB.

So now I'm confused about what it should be, s or adobe RGB. Is one
really better than the other?

FWIW, I took pretty much the same shot with both settings, and the
adobe seemed to be more saturated, the other looked a little washed
out.

Thanks
Heather