Digital images of Mars - Are these manipulated?

Old April 29th 05, 12:40 AM
Invisible

Default Digital images of Mars - Are these manipulated?

http://www.marsanomalyresearch.com/e...v-evidence.htm

What do you all think of these images. Are they doctored?

Old April 29th 05, 12:55 AM

(O;
(O;

Forgive my mirth. But if you hang around those sort of places your
brain will quickly atrophy.

Those patterns are obviously jpeg artefacts, caused by some ****
winding the gamma way up on a compressed image. Whether they were in
the original images, or he just added them, is a moot point, and no-one
in their right mind is too likely to want to spend time debunking it
(for it *is* just a load of bunk). Try it yourself, save a digital
cameras jpeg at very low quality, then wind up the gamma (or wind down
the contrast and bring the brightness up..).

The wbemaster of that site is not a man who should be trusted to drive
any image editing program, and we can only hope he hasn't procreated -
if he has, God help his children..

Old April 29th 05, 01:18 AM
ecm

Invisible wrote:

http://www.marsanomalyresearch.com/e...v-evidence.htm

What do you all think of these images. Are they doctored?

That has got to be the funniest site I've seen in a month - the nutbar
points out JPEG artifacts and sand dunes as evidence of advanced
civilizations. Worthy of a submission to www.crank.net for sure...
Thanks - you've made my day a whole lot brighter!

ECM

Old April 29th 05, 02:35 AM
Ron Hunter

Invisible wrote:
http://www.marsanomalyresearch.com/e...v-evidence.htm

What do you all think of these images. Are they doctored?

More likely just compression artifacts interpreted by a great imagination.

--
Ron Hunter
Old April 29th 05, 03:26 AM
Phil

"Invisible" wrote in message
http://www.marsanomalyresearch.com/e...v-evidence.htm

What do you all think of these images. Are they doctored?

Well, the ancient Martian McDonalds seemed a bit of a stretch...

Old April 29th 05, 05:04 AM
Jer

Invisible wrote:
http://www.marsanomalyresearch.com/e...v-evidence.htm

What do you all think of these images. Are they doctored?

Rezzolooshun 100% would be more appropriate for this hack.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'
Old April 29th 05, 09:16 AM
Steve Gouldstone

What do you all think of these images. Are they doctored?

Actually, I think he's on to something here. If you zoom the images up
to 1200 percent in Photoshop and rotate through 37.6 degrees, you can
clearly see the number plates on the Martian's cars.

(I note that GV554 XSN12 's license disk has expired)

Old April 29th 05, 09:53 AM
Bob Harrington

Steve Gouldstone wrote:
What do you all think of these images. Are they doctored?

Actually, I think he's on to something here. If you zoom the images up
to 1200 percent in Photoshop and rotate through 37.6 degrees, you can
clearly see the number plates on the Martian's cars.

(I note that GV554 XSN12 's license disk has expired)

...and there comes the meter maid...

Old April 29th 05, 03:59 PM
Michael Schnell

Invisible wrote:
http://www.marsanomalyresearch.com/e...v-evidence.htm

What do you all think of these images. Are they doctored?

Looks like nice compression artifacts.

-Michael