Nikon announces full frame, 18 megapixel (Sony CMOS sensor), F6D (F6 based Digital SLR) (apparently NOT an April Fools Joke).

Old April 1st 05, 08:11 PM
Steven M. Scharf

Default Nikon announces full frame, 18 megapixel (Sony CMOS sensor), F6D (F6 based Digital SLR) (apparently NOT an April Fools Joke).

Nikon announces full frame, 18 megapixel (Sony CMOS sensor), F6 based
Digital SLR (apparently NOT an April Fools Joke). Scheduled for 2006.

I have a link to the badly translated Japanese web site on my web site, at
http://digitalslrinfo.com/ at the top, under "Breaking News."

Not ready until 2006, but the D2x should stem defections to Canon, by Nikon
system professionals in the meantime. I've added as much as is known to my
specification table at http://digitalslrinfo.com.

You can read the reasons than Nikon is doing this at.
http://tinylink.com/?vv5qVSICuY. Just remember that nearly everything that
this individual writes is the opposite of the truth.

If this really is an April Fool's joke then I apologize, but it appears to
be real.

It's good to see Nikon entering the high-resolution, professional digital
segment, albeit a bit late. Canon needs some competition!

Steve
http://digitalslrinfo.com

Old April 1st 05, 08:23 PM
leo

Steven M. Scharf wrote:
[...]

D90, using the sensor from D2X in a F100 body. I wonder how expensive
(cheap) it would be.
Old April 1st 05, 10:52 PM
David Chien

I'd say most if not all of the notes are for real - the D50/D70 have
already been confirmed by Nikon, and it's rare for a Japanese website to
make jokes (Japanese simply don't).
Old April 2nd 05, 05:20 AM
paul

Steven M. Scharf wrote:

Nikon announces full frame, 18 megapixel
You can read the reasons than Nikon is doing this at.
http://tinylink.com/?vv5qVSICuY. Just remember that nearly everything that
this individual writes is the opposite of the truth.

Why include this link if you disagree??? If there is anything relevant
to the link, it is that this will be an expensive camera? Other than
noise, the other reason for larger sensors is to match the available
35mm lens set. It is sort of silly to use a cropped frame sensor on 35mm
lenses.
Old April 2nd 05, 05:03 PM

paul wrote:
Steven M. Scharf wrote:

Nikon announces full frame, 18 megapixel
You can read the reasons than Nikon is doing this at.
http://tinylink.com/?vv5qVSICuY. Just remember that nearly

everything that
this individual writes is the opposite of the truth.

Why include this link if you disagree??? If there is anything

relevant
to the link, it is that this will be an expensive camera? Other than
noise, the other reason for larger sensors is to match the available
35mm lens set. It is sort of silly to use a cropped frame sensor on

35mm
lenses.

I just thought it was amusing to see someone take every positive
advance made by Canon, and try to twist it into a disadvantage, and
then claim that Nikon would never implement all these features, and
then to have Nikon announce what all the Nikon professionals have been
waiting for for years, which is essentially a Nikon version of the
awesome EOS-1Ds Mark II.

Old April 2nd 05, 05:48 PM
leo

paul wrote:

Steven M. Scharf wrote:

[...]

As the Sensor is provided by Sony so it'd all make sense. Nikon is
capable of making the rest of circuitry.
Old April 2nd 05, 09:39 PM
Jeremy Nixon

I just thought it was amusing to see someone take every positive
advance made by Canon, and try to twist it into a disadvantage, and
then claim that Nikon would never implement all these features, and
then to have Nikon announce what all the Nikon professionals have been
waiting for for years, which is essentially a Nikon version of the
awesome EOS-1Ds Mark II.

Dude... don't believe any "announcements" you read on April 1st.

--
Jeremy |
Old April 2nd 05, 11:27 PM
leo

Jeremy Nixon wrote:
wrote:

I just thought it was amusing to see someone take every positive
advance made by Canon, and try to twist it into a disadvantage, and
then claim that Nikon would never implement all these features, and
then to have Nikon announce what all the Nikon professionals have been
waiting for for years, which is essentially a Nikon version of the
awesome EOS-1Ds Mark II.

Dude... don't believe any "announcements" you read on April 1st.

April 1 - Happy New Year.
Old April 3rd 05, 12:09 AM
Crownfield

leo wrote:

Jeremy Nixon wrote:
wrote:

I just thought it was amusing to see someone take every positive
advance made by Canon, and try to twist it into a disadvantage, and
then claim that Nikon would never implement all these features, and
then to have Nikon announce what all the Nikon professionals have been
waiting for for years, which is essentially a Nikon version of the
awesome EOS-1Ds Mark II.

Dude... don't believe any "announcements" you read on April 1st.

April 1 - Happy New Year.

what amazes me is that so many people would like it,
and the only people who have not yet caught on
are nikon marketing people.

nikons failed to be responsive and I chose S2 pro.
fuji did not listen, and I did not choose S3.
nikon is still not listening,
and the best choice may be D2X, or maybe slr-pro.

or really, 523c