slideshow program

Old March 12th 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
berry

Default slideshow program

Looking for a simple slideshow program (for photos) -- burning the
outcome to CD..DVD. Preferably a trial period... or reasonably priced.

Thanks..
Old March 12th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks

"berry" wrote in message

Looking for a simple slideshow program (for photos) -- burning the
outcome to CD..DVD. Preferably a trial period... or reasonably priced.

Thanks..

Sonic's "MyDVD" is simple and works well. It comes bundled with many
systems, and I think it's available as a free download. Of course, one can
buy the more advanced version too.

Old March 12th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rudy Benner

"berry" wrote in message

Looking for a simple slideshow program (for photos) -- burning the
outcome to CD..DVD. Preferably a trial period... or reasonably priced.

Thanks..

Irfanview does that and much more and its incredibly free.

Old March 12th 08, 09:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Craig

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:21:26 GMT, berry wrote:

Looking for a simple slideshow program (for photos) -- burning the
outcome to CD..DVD. Preferably a trial period... or reasonably priced.

Thanks..

Fasstone Image viewer will create a slideshow as a .EXE program and can
include music. Best of all it's free. I used this late last year to build
aslideshow for a friend's father funeral.
Old March 12th 08, 10:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Chris W

berry wrote:
Looking for a simple slideshow program (for photos) -- burning the
outcome to CD..DVD. Preferably a trial period... or reasonably priced.

Why not just a web browser? I'm not sure if this will work in brain
dead IE, but who cares, it works in Firefox.

Create a web page with all the photos so that each is a link to the next.
Open the start page.

Turn off all tool bars, the status bar, and set it to not show the tab
bar when only one tab is open, then hit F11 to go to full screen mode.
Then just click on an image to move to the next image.

Some fairly simple code could be written to create all the pages for you
and add navigation buttons at the bottom for forward and back.

Assuming you don't want anything to fancy I could write it in 30 min for
$50. Of course you would have to install a web server and php (both
free) on the computer you want to run this on. . . .

Now that I think about it, a simple java script tool could be written
where all you would need to do is supply it with a list of all the
photos you want in the slide show then save the html file in the same
folder as the images and open it in Firefox. Of course for it to work
well the image size and screen size have to be known before hand. You
could always create a set of images for each of the most common screen
sizes and then just pick the right one.

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

"Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM,
learn more at http://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm"

Ham Radio Repeater Database.
http://hrrdb.com
Old March 13th 08, 12:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike Mills

Craig wrote in
:

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:21:26 GMT, berry wrote:

Looking for a simple slideshow program (for photos) -- burning
the outcome to CD..DVD. Preferably a trial period... or
reasonably priced.

Thanks..

Fasstone Image viewer will create a slideshow as a .EXE program
and can include music. Best of all it's free. I used this late
last year to build aslideshow for a friend's father funeral.

Artsee will show all the pix in a directory recursively freeware drag
& drop.
Old March 13th 08, 01:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
berry

Default slideshow program (reply to Craig)

Craig wrote:

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:21:26 GMT, berry wrote:

Looking for a simple slideshow program (for photos) -- burning the
outcome to CD..DVD. Preferably a trial period... or reasonably priced.

Thanks..

Fasstone Image viewer will create a slideshow as a .EXE program and can
include music. Best of all it's free. I used this late last year to build
aslideshow for a friend's father funeral.

---------------------------
I have that program on my computer. Now, after I bring up the photos,
add some music, and then hit Slideshow and Play, it will play nicely,
music and all. BUT, how do I save it .. and to an .exe file? Clicking
on (Save as.........doesn't seem to cut it or even tell me how to save
it. Maybe it isn't even a file\slideshow yet?? I think I'm doing
something wrong in the beginning.)

Can you enlighten me?

Old March 13th 08, 04:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Craig

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 01:00:56 GMT, berry wrote:

Craig wrote:

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:21:26 GMT, berry wrote:

Looking for a simple slideshow program (for photos) -- burning the
outcome to CD..DVD. Preferably a trial period... or reasonably priced.

Thanks..

Fasstone Image viewer will create a slideshow as a .EXE program and can
include music. Best of all it's free. I used this late last year to build
aslideshow for a friend's father funeral.

---------------------------
I have that program on my computer. Now, after I bring up the photos,
add some music, and then hit Slideshow and Play, it will play nicely,
music and all. BUT, how do I save it .. and to an .exe file? Clicking
on (Save as.........doesn't seem to cut it or even tell me how to save
it. Maybe it isn't even a file\slideshow yet?? I think I'm doing
something wrong in the beginning.)

Can you enlighten me?

The choice is under Create|Slide show Builder menu choice. Build the show.
Once you run the slide show the 1st time it will prompt you to save it. In
doing so it creates am EXE file.
Old March 14th 08, 01:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
berry

The choice is under Create|Slide show Builder menu choice. Build the show.
Once you run the slide show the 1st time it will prompt you to save it. In
doing so it creates am EXE file.

Many thanks. Appreciate it.

Best dvd slideshow Bill Gouglas Digital Photography 5 October 12th 06 12:13 PM
slideshow Maurice Hood Digital Photography 1 September 5th 06 01:17 PM
slideshow U. Link Digital Photography 3 March 7th 05 05:37 AM
Color Managed Slideshow Program andre Digital Photography 0 January 30th 05 01:13 AM
Color Managed Slideshow Program andre Digital Photography 0 January 30th 05 01:13 AM