Nikon D80 owners?

Old August 19th 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jackson Bryan

Default Nikon D80 owners?

I can't seem to get the Func button assigned to turning on the framing grid.
In menu, I go to func and set framing grid to OK but when I back out of the
menu
and press the func button there's no framing grid to be seen.

I can get it to show ISO or turn off the flash so I seem to be doing the
right thing but
nothing I do assigns func to framing grid.

Am I missing something?

JB

Old August 20th 07, 06:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 22:28:37 +0100, Jackson Bryan wrote:

I can't seem to get the Func button assigned to turning on the framing grid.
In menu, I go to func and set framing grid to OK but when I back out of the
menu
and press the func button there's no framing grid to be seen.

I can get it to show ISO or turn off the flash so I seem to be doing the
right thing but
nothing I do assigns func to framing grid.

Have you read page 92 and 89 of the manual?

Page 92: FUNC Button (All Modes)
Framing Grid
Press the FUNC button and rotate the main command dial to turn
the grid display in the viewfinder on and off (p.89)

Page 89: (Custom Settings)
8: Grid Display (All Modes)
Select On to display grid lines in the viewfinder to assist in framing
photographs. The default option is Off.