[PICS] Gauge station on the Eno River

Old March 13th 08, 01:50 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
JimKramer

Default [PICS] Gauge station on the Eno River

A picture from my first roll of Fuji Neopan 1600 and two infrared
images from the converted 20D;
http://jlkramer.net/Pictures/Eno/Eno.htm
Constructive criticism or comments always welcomed.

Thanks for looking,
Jim
Old March 13th 08, 02:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Rudy Benner

"JimKramer" wrote in message
A picture from my first roll of Fuji Neopan 1600 and two infrared
images from the converted 20D;
http://jlkramer.net/Pictures/Eno/Eno.htm
Constructive criticism or comments always welcomed.

Thanks for looking,
Jim

That is wild. I like that last one too. Its so crisp.

Old March 13th 08, 02:44 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Paul Furman

Rudy Benner wrote:
"JimKramer" wrote in message
A picture from my first roll of Fuji Neopan 1600 and two infrared
images from the converted 20D;
http://jlkramer.net/Pictures/Eno/Eno.htm
Constructive criticism or comments always welcomed.

Thanks for looking,
Jim

That is wild. I like that last one too. Its so crisp.

Great tones in the sky/trees in the last one.
Old March 13th 08, 03:33 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Sinner

"JimKramer" wrote in message
A picture from my first roll of Fuji Neopan 1600 and two infrared
images from the converted 20D;
http://jlkramer.net/Pictures/Eno/Eno.htm
Constructive criticism or comments always welcomed.

Looks like the opening credits from "Tales from the Dark Side". I always
liked color infrared.

Old March 13th 08, 03:41 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Rob Morley

In article , Pudentame
lid says...
JimKramer wrote:
A picture from my first roll of Fuji Neopan 1600 and two infrared
images from the converted 20D;
http://jlkramer.net/Pictures/Eno/Eno.htm
Constructive criticism or comments always welcomed.

Thanks for looking,
Jim

No data since 2007-06-04.

Did they discontinue monitoring or did the water level drop below the
bottom of the gage?

You weren't looking in the right place.

Discharge, cubic feet per second:
Most recent instantaneous value: 12 03-12-2008 22:45

Daily discharge statistics, in cfs, for Mar 12 based on 66 years of
record:
Most Recent
Instantaneous Min 20th 80th Max
Value (2002) percentile Median Mean percentile (1962)
12 13 31 57 90 99 674

Gage height, feet:
Most recent instantaneous value: 1.41 03-12-2008 22:45
Old March 13th 08, 11:15 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Peter[_7_]

"JimKramer" wrote in message
A picture from my first roll of Fuji Neopan 1600 and two infrared
images from the converted 20D;
http://jlkramer.net/Pictures/Eno/Eno.htm
Constructive criticism or comments always welcomed.

Thanks for looking,

The first would look great if you cropped it at the base of the station to
show only the reflection and turned it upside down.

As a straight shot I too like the third. IR has a tendency to emphasize its
strong graphic composition.

--
Peter

Old March 13th 08, 12:17 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Peter[_7_]

"JimKramer" wrote in message
A picture from my first roll of Fuji Neopan 1600 and two infrared
images from the converted 20D;
http://jlkramer.net/Pictures/Eno/Eno.htm
Constructive criticism or comments always welcomed.

Thanks for looking,
Jim

Jim,

After my first response I browsed around your site. It is obvious to me that
you thoroughly enjoy photography and are not afraid to experiment.
I think many of us would benefit by spending some time looking at your site,
paying attention to your use of notes and internal naming convention.
Since I am in the process or selecting and organizing images for my site, it
was particularly useful to me.
My last phase will be the selection of maintaining my own Apache server, or
using a commercial site. and the appropriate software. May I ask what
software you used?

Thank you for placing your site in such a helpful mode.

--
Peter

Old March 13th 08, 01:18 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Rudy Benner

"Peter" wrote in message
"JimKramer" wrote in message
[...]

A good hosting site is www.hostexcellence.com very cheap and lots of
storage. I use Jalbum to make up the photogalleries. Free.

You will also want to download one of the FTP client programs, Filezilla is
free and works fine.

r.
Old March 13th 08, 02:11 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
JimKramer

Default Gauge station on the Eno River

On Mar 13, 8:17 am, "Peter" wrote:
"JimKramer" wrote in message

[...]

Thank you.

The server side information is CPanel
http://www.cpanel.net/index.html
I'm buying my hosting through
www.p4host.com
It's small but responsive. They provide the CPanel software.

The site itself is a mishmash of Microsoft's FrontPage (my sister
married a MS geek) and an ancient freeware app called Gallery Wizard.
http://www.feldfunker.de/?cat=11
It is mind-numbingly simple to use, but allows html customizations.
I used Adobe's ImageReady CS2 to make the one Flash item on the site.
(Personally I despise flash galleries, but that was the only way to
keep the people from dissecting the image for comparison.) If I'm
making major changes I'll use SmartFTP to update
http://www.smartftp.com/download/

Tips:
Put each page or group of pages in its own directory.
Don't put up an unobfuscated email address.
A master index (if only for your own use) in a nice thing to have.
Don't put anything up that you don't want someone else to see.
People like to look at a few pictures not a gallery.

Jim
Old March 13th 08, 02:15 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
JimKramer

On Mar 12, 10:25*pm, "Rudy Benner" wrote:
"JimKramer" wrote in message

A picture from my first roll of Fuji Neopan 1600 and two infrared
images from the converted 20D;
http://jlkramer.net/Pictures/Eno/Eno.htm
Constructive criticism or comments always welcomed.

Thanks for looking,
Jim

That is wild. I like that last one too. Its so crisp.

Well you know (any) digital is so soft in comparison to (any) film. :-)