50-year-old Zeiss SLR

Old March 1st 08, 10:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tully Albrecht

Default 50-year-old Zeiss SLR

Just put up a page about my latest toy (sold on eBay this week), the
Zeiss Ikon Contaflex, with one sample image each from the three lenses.
I really don't feel I was able to get the best from the scanned print
of the stormy sky, but it was a "one hour photo" cheapo, and my desktop
scanner isn't anything to rave about either.

http://web.mac.com/olddognewtrick/iWeb/Site/Zeiss.html
--
"Our ignorance is not so vast as our failure to use what we know."

Old March 2nd 08, 08:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J. Littleboy

"Tully Albrecht" wrote:
Just put up a page about my latest toy (sold on eBay this week), the Zeiss
Ikon Contaflex, with one sample image each from the three lenses. I really
don't feel I was able to get the best from the scanned print of the stormy
sky, but it was a "one hour photo" cheapo, and my desktop scanner isn't
anything to rave about either.

http://web.mac.com/olddognewtrick/iWeb/Site/Zeiss.html
--

Nice camera. I have a Rolleiflex TLR (with the 75/3.5 Tessar) from that
period that produces lovely sharp images. But I just bought a 1930s Zeiss

Try shooting some TMX100 with the 50mm Tessar at f/11 or f/16 (preferably on
a tripod), and get some of the negs scanned professionally at 4000 ppi.
You'll be impressed.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old March 2nd 08, 05:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rudy Benner

"David Ruether" wrote in message

"Tully Albrecht" wrote in message

Just put up a page about my latest toy (sold on eBay this week), the
Zeiss Ikon Contaflex, with one sample image each from the three lenses. I
really don't feel I was able to get the best from the scanned print of
the stormy sky, but it was a "one hour photo" cheapo, and my desktop
scanner isn't anything to rave about either.

http://web.mac.com/olddognewtrick/iWeb/Site/Zeiss.html

Ah, sigh, this brings back memories of using a borrowed Contaflex
with the earliest Kodachrome (ASA 10!), which was my first experience
with an SLR. How time flies...
--
David Ruether

www.donferrario.com/ruether

\

That makes you older than dirt !!

Old March 2nd 08, 05:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J Taylor[_5_]

Rudy Benner wrote:
"David Ruether" wrote in message

"Tully Albrecht" wrote in message

Just put up a page about my latest toy (sold on eBay this week), the
Zeiss Ikon Contaflex, with one sample image each from the three
lenses. I really don't feel I was able to get the best from the
scanned print of the stormy sky, but it was a "one hour photo"
cheapo, and my desktop scanner isn't anything to rave about either.

http://web.mac.com/olddognewtrick/iWeb/Site/Zeiss.html

Ah, sigh, this brings back memories of using a borrowed Contaflex
with the earliest Kodachrome (ASA 10!), which was my first experience
with an SLR. How time flies...
--
David Ruether

www.donferrario.com/ruether

\

That makes you older than dirt !!

I recall as a youngster reading about ASA 6.4 Kodachrome, but my
recollection isn't very good! Oh, and I'm not yet drawing a pension. Oh,
and another sign of the times: "Kodachrome" isn't in the spelling checker!

David

Old March 2nd 08, 06:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rudy Benner

"David J Taylor"
wrote in
message ...
Rudy Benner wrote:
[...]

6.4 ASA? I thought it was 64.

Old March 2nd 08, 06:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J Taylor[_5_]

Rudy Benner wrote:
"David J Taylor"
wrote in
message ...
Rudy Benner wrote:
[...]

Oh, yes, when I was using Kodachrome the speed was ASA 25, and then an ASA
64 version became available. The ASA 10 (and perhaps even 6.4) would have
been the 1950s or earlier....

David

Old March 2nd 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rudy Benner

"David J Taylor"
wrote in
message ...
Rudy Benner wrote:
"David J Taylor"
wrote in
message ...
Rudy Benner wrote:
[...]

You are indeed older than dirt.

If I remember correctly, Ectachrome was ASA 32?

Old March 2nd 08, 07:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank Arthur

"Rudy Benner" wrote in message

"David J Taylor"
wrote
in message ...
Rudy Benner wrote:
"David J Taylor"

wrote in
message ...
Rudy Benner wrote:
[...]

Gosh Rudy you must be senile. It's Ektachrome.

Old March 2nd 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rudy Benner

"Frank Arthur" wrote in message

"Rudy Benner" wrote in message

"David J Taylor"
wrote in
message ...
Rudy Benner wrote:
"David J Taylor"
wrote in
message ...
Rudy Benner wrote:
[...]

I was testing you.

Old March 2nd 08, 09:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank Arthur

"Rudy Benner" wrote in message

"Frank Arthur" wrote in message

"Rudy Benner" wrote in message

[...]