Battery life?

Old January 8th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Buy_Sell

Default Battery life?

Which of the nikon digital slr cameras gives the best battery life? I
have a pair of D70s cameras and these are pretty darned good. I've
heard that the D200 is not as good when it comes to battery life. How
do the D3, D300, D80, etc. compare?
Old January 8th 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rudy Benner

"Buy_Sell" wrote in message
Which of the nikon digital slr cameras gives the best battery life? I
have a pair of D70s cameras and these are pretty darned good. I've
heard that the D200 is not as good when it comes to battery life. How
do the D3, D300, D80, etc. compare?

My D-50 goes for days on one battery. My D-200 is a pig.
I have been told the D-300 is much better than the D-200 for power
consumption.
I should have waited for the D-300.

Old January 9th 08, 02:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
flambe

A fresh battery charge does not go as far on my D80 as on my D70.
However I tend to use the 18-200VR on the D80 which probably sucks up the
juice a bit.

Old January 9th 08, 03:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Not4wood

Interesting, my D80 is fine on the battery power. I don't usually review my
shots only glance on occasion after its taken when I'm wondering around in
shooting mode, but I would assume that this would eat up power.

Not4wood

Old January 9th 08, 06:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Roger (K8RI)

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 14:35:35 -0800 (PST), Buy_Sell
wrote:

Which of the nikon digital slr cameras gives the best battery life? I
have a pair of D70s cameras and these are pretty darned good. I've
heard that the D200 is not as good when it comes to battery life. How
do the D3, D300, D80, etc. compare?

I know my old D-70 is good for over 600 shots, but I've never run the
battery flat.
The D-300? I've put over 500 in 3 days, all with VR 18-200, and
mostly flash indoors. One other period with a fresh charge yielded
over 450. That was with the VR 18-200 and about 50% flash It appeared
to have plenty of life left in both instances.
So that's not a good, direct comparison other than to say they both
did well.

Roger (K8RI)
Old January 9th 08, 06:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nospam

In article , K8RI
wrote:

Which of the nikon digital slr cameras gives the best battery life? I
have a pair of D70s cameras and these are pretty darned good. I've
heard that the D200 is not as good when it comes to battery life. How
do the D3, D300, D80, etc. compare?

I know my old D-70 is good for over 600 shots, but I've never run the
battery flat.

d50/d70 is typically around 1500+ pictures per charge.

The D-300? I've put over 500 in 3 days, all with VR 18-200, and
mostly flash indoors. One other period with a fresh charge yielded
over 450. That was with the VR 18-200 and about 50% flash It appeared
to have plenty of life left in both instances.

reports on dpreview are saying the d300 is around 1000 or so. not
quite as good as the d50/d70 but not as bad as the d200.
Old January 9th 08, 09:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Sosumi

"Buy_Sell" wrote in message
Which of the nikon digital slr cameras gives the best battery life? I
have a pair of D70s cameras and these are pretty darned good. I've
heard that the D200 is not as good when it comes to battery life. How
do the D3, D300, D80, etc. compare?

D300 gives me much more than D40 or D40x.
BG: 421 pics, 43% remain.
Main: 149 pics, 93% remain.

Depending on how I shoot, I could get well over 1000 shots.

With the BG I shot with the camera on for hours and use of the LCD quite a
lot.

Selection of the 421 shots taken he

http://photos-of-portugal.com/

--
Sosumi

Old January 16th 08, 02:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Roger (K8RI)

On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 22:32:15 -0800, nospam
wrote:

In article , K8RI
wrote:

Which of the nikon digital slr cameras gives the best battery life? I
have a pair of D70s cameras and these are pretty darned good. I've
heard that the D200 is not as good when it comes to battery life. How
do the D3, D300, D80, etc. compare?

I know my old D-70 is good for over 600 shots, but I've never run the
battery flat.

d50/d70 is typically around 1500+ pictures per charge.

My old D70 has never made 1000 let alone 1500.
OTOH the 300 is faster in just about everything so I'd expect it to
use a bit more power. Still if it does a 1000 on a charge I'll be
overjoyed.

Roger (K8RI)

Old January 17th 08, 12:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Craig M

Batt. life on my D50 is pretty darn good, with or with out flash, never
tested it to the extreme with flash, but taking pics of my dogs,, lots of
shooting to get one good pic, life seems pretty good.

Old January 18th 08, 08:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Buy_Sell

I believe that the D70 used a different battery than the D70s.
This would explain the difference in battery life.