B&H has the worst customer service on the planet.

Old January 20th 04, 04:55 PM
bozak

Default B&H has the worst customer service on the planet.

(Product developer) wrote in message . com...
I am regular client of B and H and have never had a problem with them.

lucky you...
Old January 20th 04, 05:02 PM
bozak

"Dan Sullivan" wrote in message . net...
" bozak" wrote in message
news
I bought a Panasonic stand alone dvd recorder from them
(their top of the line unit for the home consumer) and it came
when they said it would. This product came with a rebate
from Panasonic which included 2 DVD-RAM and 8 DVD-R
discs. When i bought the recorder they had the rebate form
on their site for downloading. Once I received the product
I went back to the site and it was no longer there. I spent
a ridiculous amount of time waiting on their phone lines for
someone to talk too. Never happened. I sent three emails to
them. One to the guy who sold it to me (he forwarded it to
the so called customer service department), and two to their
customer service department, both of which went unanswered.

Why didn't you go directly to the Panasonic website?

it was no longer on the panasonic website...
it was on the B&H site when i bought the recorder...

It was their rebate, not B&Hs.

B&H used the rebate in an effort to sell the recorder...
I think the main reason B&H is not responding to me because
the actual item I received is different from the item I paid
for. I paid for a panasonic dmr-e100hs, what I received was
a panasonic dmr-e100h. Part of my email asked what is the
difference between the 100hs and 100h. As of today I still
have had no reply from them. I cant tell the difference as
they seem to have no different functions. But since I bought
it from B&H I would think they could clear up the matter.

Is that good customer service in your estimation?

And usually rebates end with a three or four week grace period where you
still can send in the paperwork.

Someone at Panasonic should have sent you the form.

They said it was up to B&H. You have no idea of how many
people at Panasonic I had to talk to just to get them
to do that.

The whole problem with the matter is that Panasonic is no
longer participating in the rebate, but I called Panasonic and
they told me that they would honor the rebate if B&H sent me
the form.

See above.

so should you.

This isn't a huge problem, but if they cant take the
time out to send me a rebate form through fax or email, I wonder
what would happen if I had a real problem that they needed
to fix. Their customer service department is none existent.

Now are you referring tp B&H or Panasonic?

B&H since it was up on their site and part of their promotion
to sell it.

I'm now in the market for an external Sony 510UL dvd recorder.
I told the guy who i intially bought the Panasonic recorder that
I would buy it from them if all went well with that purchase.
I would buy it from them if i was into aggravation.

Just in case they want to say I'm lying about it, this is
their reference number...

control no. 109178360

They are good for communicating with you as long as you
have received your product. Once you receive it you are
on your own.

You should have dealt directly with Panasonic because it was their rebate.

I have and thought I explained it pretty clearly...
Apparently I didnt...
Old January 20th 04, 05:03 PM
bozak

Jeff Shoaf wrote in message .95...
" bozak" wrote in newsBVOb.3241$Kp5.2507
@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com:

[...]

the form. This isn't a huge problem, but if they cant take the
time out to send me a rebate form through fax or email, I wonder
what would happen if I had a real problem that they needed
to fix. Their customer service department is none existent.

I'm now in the market for an external Sony 510UL dvd recorder.
I told the guy who i intially bought the Panasonic recorder that
I would buy it from them if all went well with that purchase.
I would buy it from them if i was into aggravation.

Just in case they want to say I'm lying about it, this is
their reference number...

control no. 109178360

They are good for communicating with you as long as you
have received your product. Once you receive it you are
on your own.

I'll have to disagree with you.

Diagree with me all you want. It doesnt make what I said not
true.
Old January 20th 04, 05:05 PM
bozak

"Duncan" wrote in message le.rogers.com...
They're the best online sales organization in photography in North
America...they really know they're stuff and they deliver...no bull.

What they delivered me was a product I didn't pay for and refuse to
even contact me about it.

I paid for a Panasonic dmr-e100hs, I received a dmr-e100h. Their seems
to be no difference, but I would like them to at least call me back
an affirm it. Not to mention send me the rebate form like I ask..
Old January 20th 04, 05:07 PM
bozak

Default B&H has the best customer service on the planet.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message .. .
Maybe if you had written that you had a problem, presented the facts and
asked what you might be able to do to correct the problem, you would have
received a much warmer response.

What are you talking about? I did and got NO response.
Old January 20th 04, 06:46 PM
Mike

"bozak" wrote in message
om...
"Duncan" wrote in message

le.rogers.com...
They're the best online sales organization in photography in North
America...they really know they're stuff and they deliver...no bull.

What they delivered me was a product I didn't pay for and refuse to
even contact me about it.

I paid for a Panasonic dmr-e100hs, I received a dmr-e100h. Their seems
to be no difference, but I would like them to at least call me back
an affirm it. Not to mention send me the rebate form like I ask..

I'm willing to bet if you check the internet you will find both Panasonic
units along with a description of each.
Wouldn't it be funny if you received a more expensive unit at the price of
the lower cost one.

Old January 20th 04, 10:16 PM
Stephen H. Westin

Then order from Cambridge Camera next time .

--
-Stephen H. Westin

Old January 20th 04, 10:29 PM
gr

"bozak" wrote

B&H is full of ****... The problem is they have not responded back in
kind in any fashion. If thats what you call great customer service,
so be it.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure why some people seem to have a hero-worship thing
going with B&H. From the dealings I've had with them, they seem to be a good
company to deal with as long as nothing goes wrong with your order. If you
have a problem, their customer service is nothing to write home about.
They're curt and unhelpful, even if you do manage to get a response.

They're not out to rip you off, but neither are they out to do you any
favours. One thing I don't like about their policy is that they ship used
stuff as new. (Okay, "used" in the sense that it's been used as a display
model or is a customer-return.) I've had fingerprints on a lens and broken
seals, for example. Nothing damaging that would cause me to return the item,
but they should be clear that you won't necessarily get a factory-sealed
unit.

Overall, I'd rate them pretty average as far as mail-order companies go. I
think people tend to overrate them because their selection is so good.
However, it's easy to overrate a company if nothing goes wrong with your
order and you don't have to deal with their service. I've rated them very
high myself, until a couple of my orders had problems (which I eventually
gave up on, because it wasn't worth my time).

Old January 21st 04, 01:45 AM
Victor Falkteg

I do not know about your case.
But !!!!
I have bought some camera equipment from B&H and got them sent to my address
in Europe. I have been talking with them over the phone and over e-mail.
My experience is that B&H maybe is the best source of photographic
equipment, not in USA, but in the world.
The reasons a
They are very helpfull and kind.
They have almost everything you can need.
The shipping is fast and resonably priced.

I recomend everyone in need of a professional source of photographic
equipment to call or mail B&H.

Victor Falkteg