[SI] - SERVICE NOTICE - shootin submit e-mail is inoperative

Old August 25th 08, 09:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

Default [SI] - SERVICE NOTICE - shootin submit e-mail is inoperative

Apparently my website host (Hostonce.com) have been having an issue with
their e-mail relay.

I tested it yesterday and it was non-responsive and remains so today.

If you have submitted photos and did not receive an auto-reply, then
please re-submit your photos to:

si daht moderator & gmail daht com

And for the rest of this mandate, please use the e-meil address above.

Apologies for the problem.

Cheers,
Alan.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

Old August 25th 08, 11:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Blinky the Shark

Alan Browne wrote:

Apparently my website host (Hostonce.com) have been having an issue with
their e-mail relay.

This isn't the first shootin, right? 'Cause I'm thinking maybe HostOnce
takes their name seriously.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Old August 25th 08, 11:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Troy Piggins[_17_]

* Blinky the Shark wrote :
Alan Browne wrote:

Apparently my website host (Hostonce.com) have been having an issue with
their e-mail relay.

This isn't the first shootin, right? 'Cause I'm thinking maybe HostOnce
takes their name seriously.

lol

--
Troy Piggins
I always appreciate critique.
Old August 25th 08, 11:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

Blinky the Shark wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

Apparently my website host (Hostonce.com) have been having an issue with
their e-mail relay.

This isn't the first shootin, right? 'Cause I'm thinking maybe HostOnce
takes their name seriously.

Hostonce.com used to have a spotty reliability and support record.
Things would go fine for months and then bump and a nutroll to get
things fixed.

Now there are so many spots you can't see the spots. It's hard to see
the gaps between the spots.

Next year I'll re-host my domain, it is not a critical exercise.
Hostonce.com has become a little bit worse each year ...

Except for the rulz page that was hosted on hostonce a few years ago
(and now again) the shootin was run by other admins with their own
choice of e-mail path. When I hand over the torch it will change yet
again. I chose to use it for the e-mail vector for this shootin, where
in retrospect a gmail address would have been easier ... iac, that's
what it is now.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.