Large fiber-base paper?

Old March 18th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Large fiber-base paper?

In article ,
(Thor Lancelot Simon) wrote:

In article ,
Greg \"Blank\" - Lizard King. wrote:
In article ,
(Thor Lancelot Simon) wrote:

Do you know if K&M still has it, and if so, if they have it fresh?

Don't know their stick status, you can email me direct if
you wish. But I can check when I return as of monday to see who has
bought it recently, usually K&M would supply it to the bigger printing
places in NYC. The rolls are available for Poly graded Warmtone & Poly
graded Neutral FB & RC. In both surfaces - Glossy and Semi matte.

The Polygrade is the variable-contrast, right?

Polygrade is both warm tone or neutral-yes it means its VC.

It's been a while, and
I have trouble keeping the product names straight. Let's see if I
can remember: "Elegance" is the warmtone, graded paper, available in
300-weight;

Elegance is the designation for all Fiber based papers.

"Bromofort" is the cold-tone, graded paper, in single and
double;

I think we only ever imported the DW, it is cold tone.

Polywarmtone and Polyneutral are VC, double-weight, warm and
neutral respectively?

Yep.

I remember thinking that if I could only get Bromofort in a supergloss
surface, it would be a good match for Elite; I still have a few prints
I have trouble reproducing on any other material now that Elite is no
longer on the market. Bromofort has somewhat higher contrast through
the highlights, but there are ways of dealing with that.

Sounds like we think a like (scarier for you than me probably
I never consider Elite a super glossy surface but I do feel Bromofort
is a great paper like Elite.
--
The things we hate most in life often turn out to be a mirror image
of ourselves. Better not to hate.

Findmedirectly - "infoatgregblankphoto.com"

Old March 22nd 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

In article ,
"otzi" wrote:

May I ask a dumb question, Is the paper on rolls harder to handle due to
'built in curl'. Does the 'curl' come out in the wash so to speak?

--
Otzi

Paper is by nature somewhat curly, warming the paper slightly helps.
don't bake it though

Although I have yet to print my own work on roll paper- on occasion I
handle & inspect user concerns on the rolls the paper - it is typically
placed under a bladed easel which holds some of the curl down. Putting
the paper in chemistry tends to release most of the curl. You can also
use a vacuum easel.

Old March 22nd 06, 06:42 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

you should call the Imaging World @718-218-7903 I know that they sell
darm room paper, give it a try,