CAnon 24-105 Delivery Times

Old April 18th 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default CAnon 24-105 Delivery Times

I've been waiting for 5 weeks to get a Canon 24-105 L lens from
www.warehouseexpress.com in the UK.

Can anyone advise what the lead times in the UK are like for this particular
lens?

Or, can anyone advise if this lens is available from any UK retailer -
except Jessup's who are £200 more than www.warehouseexpress.com?

Old April 19th 06, 10:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Edward Holt" wrote in message
I've been waiting for 5 weeks to get a Canon 24-105 L lens from
www.warehouseexpress.com in the UK.

Can anyone advise what the lead times in the UK are like for this
particular lens?

Or, can anyone advise if this lens is available from any UK retailer -
except Jessup's who are £200 more than www.warehouseexpress.com?

Jessops will price match warehouseexpress.

I recently bought a 100-400 L lens from Jessops after they dropped their
price £150 to match.

Old April 19th 06, 12:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Edward Holt" wrote:

I've been waiting for 5 weeks to get a Canon 24-105 L lens from
www.warehouseexpress.com in the UK.

Can anyone advise what the lead times in the UK are like for this particular
lens?

Or, can anyone advise if this lens is available from any UK retailer -
except Jessup's who are £200 more than www.warehouseexpress.com?

Try these Canon authorised dealers, who are both good at getting hold
of scarce items:

David Leung, Ilford, Essex:

Tel: 020 8590 3268

Fixation, London SW8

Tel: 020 7582 3294

You might also want to try Calumet, who have 11 UK locations plus a
central warehouse. They also have a large rental stock:
Tel: 08706 03 03 03

Old April 19th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Gizmo" wrote in message

"Edward Holt" wrote in message
I've been waiting for 5 weeks to get a Canon 24-105 L lens from
www.warehouseexpress.com in the UK.

Can anyone advise what the lead times in the UK are like for this
particular lens?

Or, can anyone advise if this lens is available from any UK retailer -
except Jessup's who are £200 more than www.warehouseexpress.com?

Jessops will price match warehouseexpress.

I recently bought a 100-400 L lens from Jessops after they dropped their
price £150 to match.

Interesting - I would never had guessed Jessops would be so nice.
But they are out of stock 2-4 weeks.

Old April 19th 06, 07:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Tony Polson" wrote in message
"Edward Holt" wrote:

I've been waiting for 5 weeks to get a Canon 24-105 L lens from
www.warehouseexpress.com in the UK.

Can anyone advise what the lead times in the UK are like for this
particular
lens?

Or, can anyone advise if this lens is available from any UK retailer -
except Jessup's who are £200 more than www.warehouseexpress.com?

Try these Canon authorised dealers, who are both good at getting hold
of scarce items:

David Leung, Ilford, Essex:

Tel: 020 8590 3268

Fixation, London SW8

Tel: 020 7582 3294

You might also want to try Calumet, who have 11 UK locations plus a
central warehouse. They also have a large rental stock:
Tel: 08706 03 03 03

Calumets website indicates they are out of stock - I'll try the other guys
but maybe I'm onto a lost cause?

Old April 20th 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Edward Holt" wrote:

[...]

Seems that warehouseexpress are offering the lens at a very keen price.
Looking at eBay, the few 24-105 L that are listed are more expensive.
Best of luck with your quest !

Old April 20th 06, 07:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Edward Holt" wrote:

Calumets website indicates they are out of stock - I'll try the other guys
but maybe I'm onto a lost cause?

Maybe not! Have you called Canon UK? They might be able to give you
some idea of when stocks will be available:
Tel: 01737 220000

As well as the two dealers I suggested in my previous post, you might
also like to contact Park Cameras:
http://www.parkcameras.com/
Tel: 08450 502266

I use this lens; it is optically superb and the handling is excellent.
Don't settle for less - it is definitely worth waiting for!

Old April 20th 06, 07:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Edward Holt" wrote:

Interesting - I would never had guessed Jessops would be so nice.
But they are out of stock 2-4 weeks.

Jessops sometimes sell items at prices that are higher than the
manufacturer's RRP - they are selling one digital camera at £699 when
the RRP is £599. It is available from several UK sources at prices in
the £549 - £569 range

Jessops will price match with authorised dealers who have the item in
stock, but they obviously hope that most of their customers will pay
their silly high prices without checking elsewhere. And that's what
happens - most people just pay Jessops price.

As for their "2-4 weeks", I am still waiting for an item I ordered in
early February. They told me 2-4 weeks then, and yesterday they told
me 2-4 weeks again. Yeah, right.

Jessops is the new Dixons.

Old April 20th 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Edward Holt" wrote:

[...]

Hi folks.

I'd suggest York Cameras on 020 7831 8082. I've found that they have the new
stuff plus a lot of obsolete goodies.
I have tried a Canon dealer in Ilford but found he was good at promising
things but didn't actually deliver them.

Oh - my girlfriend tried to get a Canon 100mm macro from Jessops. Two
delivery dates came and went so we went to our local branch of LCE. They
offered a 10 day delivery. Hah!
The lens arrived about 8 days later - and the price was very competitive.

Regards, Ian.