What should I buy D50 or Canon 350D

Old July 18th 06, 06:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
abbasam

Default What should I buy D50 or Canon 350D

I have been thinking of buying DSLR for some time now. I have narrowed down
my search to two SLR that I like.
The Nikon D50 and the Canon 350D.
Which do you think I should go for and why?
What do you like or dislike about the camera, if you are a user?
Old July 18th 06, 06:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Steve Wolfe

I have been thinking of buying DSLR for some time now. I have narrowed down
my search to two SLR that I like.
The Nikon D50 and the Canon 350D.
Which do you think I should go for and why?

I think that you should pick the one that most suits your needs. Makes
sense, doesn't it? After all, *you* are planning on using the camera, not
us...

steve

Old July 18th 06, 06:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
King Sardon

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 23:15:52 -0600, "Steve Wolfe"
wrote:

I have been thinking of buying DSLR for some time now. I have narrowed down
my search to two SLR that I like.
The Nikon D50 and the Canon 350D.
Which do you think I should go for and why?

I think that you should pick the one that most suits your needs. Makes
sense, doesn't it? After all, *you* are planning on using the camera, not
us...

steve

Very wise and accurate... but doesn't help the OP one bit.

Like loudspeaker buying advice: just listen to them and buy the ones
you like. Cop-out!

Buy the Canon. (Unless you have Nikon lenses, duh..) Generally, Canon
seems to have the lead in digital photography today.

K.S.

Old July 18th 06, 06:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
C J Southern

wrote:

I have been thinking of buying DSLR for some time now. I have narrowed

down
my search to two SLR that I like.
The Nikon D50 and the Canon 350D.
Which do you think I should go for and why?

I think that you should pick the one that most suits your needs. Makes
sense, doesn't it? After all, *you* are planning on using the camera,

not
us...

steve

Very wise and accurate... but doesn't help the OP one bit.

I'll help the OP.

Buy the Canon.

Old July 18th 06, 07:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
JR

In article 636a27f53e8ca@uwe, "abbasam" u24240@uwe wrote:

I have been thinking of buying DSLR for some time now. I have narrowed down
my search to two SLR that I like.
The Nikon D50 and the Canon 350D.
Which do you think I should go for and why?
What do you like or dislike about the camera, if you are a user?

Buy the Nikon....better technology in THAT camera....
Old July 18th 06, 08:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Adrian Boliston

"abbasam" u24240@uwe wrote in message news:636a27f53e8ca@uwe...

I have been thinking of buying DSLR for some time now. I have narrowed down
my search to two SLR that I like.
The Nikon D50 and the Canon 350D.
Which do you think I should go for and why?
What do you like or dislike about the camera, if you are a user?

These were the 2 i was considering, but they both had very basic kit lenses,
so I paid a bit extra and got a d70s which had a much better kit lens.

Old July 18th 06, 09:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
cjcampbell

abbasam wrote:
I have been thinking of buying DSLR for some time now. I have narrowed down
my search to two SLR that I like.
The Nikon D50 and the Canon 350D.
Which do you think I should go for and why?
What do you like or dislike about the camera, if you are a user?

You go for the one that feels better when you take pictures with it.
Really. Which one has a grip that feels better, which one feels more
stable when you take a picture, which one you could stand to walk
around with it in your hand all day.

They are otherwise nearly identical. Personally, I would go for the
Nikon. Not only does it feel better to me, but it has better lenses
available for it and I think the buttons and menus are better laid out.

My daughter, OTOH, went for the Canon. For the same reasons that I like
the Nikon.

Old July 18th 06, 10:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Dr Hfuhruhurr

abbasam wrote:

I have been thinking of buying DSLR for some time now. I have narrowed down
my search to two SLR that I like.
The Nikon D50 and the Canon 350D.
Which do you think I should go for and why?
What do you like or dislike about the camera, if you are a user?

I considered both when I was looking. Never having used a 'real' SLR
and neither a Canon nor a Nikon, I went for the Nikon. It felt more
tactile and fit my hands better than the Canon. Oh and I found it
cheaper on ebay than anything else. Simple as that really.

Doc

Old July 18th 06, 11:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rebecca Ore

"Adrian Boliston" writes:

"abbasam" u24240@uwe wrote in message news:636a27f53e8ca@uwe...

I have been thinking of buying DSLR for some time now. I have narrowed down
my search to two SLR that I like.
The Nikon D50 and the Canon 350D.
Which do you think I should go for and why?
What do you like or dislike about the camera, if you are a user?

These were the 2 i was considering, but they both had very basic kit lenses,
so I paid a bit extra and got a d70s which had a much better kit lens.

D50 body with the 18-70 lens.

--
Rebecca Ore
Old July 18th 06, 01:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

wrote in message
ups.com...
abbasam schreef:
I have been thinking of buying DSLR for some time now. I have narrowed
down
my search to two SLR that I like.
The Nikon D50 and the Canon 350D.
Which do you think I should go for and why?
What do you like or dislike about the camera, if you are a user?

I bought a Nikon D70s recently. Why? Because i wanted to keep my Nikon
lenses. If i wouldn't have had any lenses, chance is that i would have
bough a 350D. Maybe, maybe not ... personally, i don't care much about
bodies.

Until 2 months ago I was using an old Nikon body released in 1980! It
was so basic and so old and yet, i liked it and i liked a lot of the
pictures i made with it. Both the 350d and the D50/D70 are an
incredible technological leap for me.

The body's not so important. The lens is important and especially,
your talent to see great shots! :-)

-Kris

Thats makes no sense, especially considering the high cost of todays
D-SLR's, surely a sensible person would look at all of the available cameras
in their price range and try them to see if there was one that felt just
right, you will take far more photos with your digital than you ever did
with your film camera why wouldn't ergonomics be high on the wanted features
list. Considering you have to get out a pretty large magnifying glass to see
the difference in the end result they are all pretty equal. All the
manufacturers have a huge range of very good lenses so that is less of a
consideration unless you already have some lenses in a particular brand.