Kodak Easyshare Software V6.01 download

Old July 13th 06, 01:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
AlanCB

Default Kodak Easyshare Software V6.01 download

There seems to be a lack of very basic information on the Kodak website
concerning the downloading and installation of the Easyshare software,
and therefore I would appreciate if anyone can provide any info/answers
to my questions below.

I have an Kodak Easyshare LS743 digital camera, and Easyshare v4.02
installed on my laptop. I would like to update to the EasyShare V6.0.1
software, and also install the EasyShare Software V6.0/Photo Greeting
Cards Template.

I have a 56K dialup connection, and therefore I have some questions :

1. Will I be able to save the downloads of the EasyShare V6.0.1
software(45 MB) and the EasyShare Software V6.0/Photo Greeting Cards
Template software(32MB) to my laptop Hard Drive for future
installation/ re-installation ?

In other words I would like to download the 2 software files as 2
executable files, saving them to my hard drive, so that I can install
them at a later date, without having to download them again from the
website. Will I be able to do that ?

2. In the event of an interruption in the download, can the download be
resumed from where it was interrupted ?

3. Is the installation of the downloaded EasyShare software an active
installation, requiring internet connection to the download site for
completion ?

4. What is the exact procedure for downloading and installing the
software ?

Thank you very much for any assistance you can provide.

Old July 13th 06, 02:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Roy G

"AlanCB" wrote in message
oups.com...
There seems to be a lack of very basic information on the Kodak website

Hi.

I don't have any specific knowledge of Kodak, I don't use any of their
products.

The easiest way to find out if the Download will give a File which can be
saved to your HDD, is to start the Download.

Before anything comes down you should see a screen which will ask if you
want to "Install" or "Save".

Click on "Save" and then browse to wherever you want to save the file. It
is a very good idea to save it into a Folder of its own. Sometimes when
running these saved exe files they can interact with another exe file in the
same folder.

Why not ask a Broadband equiped friend to download these for you, and then
burn them to CD.

Roy G

Old July 13th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
jeremy

"AlanCB" wrote in message
oups.com...

In other words I would like to download the 2 software files as 2
executable files, saving them to my hard drive, so that I can install
them at a later date, without having to download them again from the
website. Will I be able to do that ?

No. The initial install file is small, but when you want to do the install,
it downloads from the Kodak web site. There is no provision for you to save
it to your hard disk for a later installation.

2. In the event of an interruption in the download, can the download be
resumed from where it was interrupted ?

3. Is the installation of the downloaded EasyShare software an active
installation, requiring internet connection to the download site for
completion ?

Yes. It's a huge file for a dial-up connection.

4. What is the exact procedure for downloading and installing the
software ?

It's fairly automatic. But the download time is going to be a bummer.

Thank you very much for any assistance you can provide.

Old July 13th 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
AlanCB

Roy & Jeremy, thanks for your replies/info.

Do I have to uninstall Easyshare V4.02 before attempting to download &
install Easyshare V6.01 ? Or is that taken care of during the download
installation process ?

AlanCB

Old July 13th 06, 08:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

No. The initial install file is small, but when you want to do the install,
it downloads from the Kodak web site. There is no provision for you to save
it to your hard disk for a later installation.

It will be on hard drive. You'll just have to find it.
Old July 13th 06, 08:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
jeremy

wrote in message

No. The initial install file is small, but when you want to do the
install,
it downloads from the Kodak web site. There is no provision for you to
save
it to your hard disk for a later installation.

It will be on hard drive. You'll just have to find it.

It does not give the option of saving it to the hard drive--it installs
directly from the web and it configures itself to the user's computer during
the download/installation process.

Old July 14th 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

AlanCB wrote:
[...]

Answers to these questions are on the Kodak site. I suggest that dialup
users contack Kodak for a CD which will probably get to you before you
could complete downloading files of this size.
Old July 14th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Roy G wrote:
"AlanCB" wrote in message
oups.com...
There seems to be a lack of very basic information on the Kodak website

Hi.

I don't have any specific knowledge of Kodak, I don't use any of their
products.

The easiest way to find out if the Download will give a File which can be
saved to your HDD, is to start the Download.

Before anything comes down you should see a screen which will ask if you
want to "Install" or "Save".

Click on "Save" and then browse to wherever you want to save the file. It
is a very good idea to save it into a Folder of its own. Sometimes when
running these saved exe files they can interact with another exe file in the
same folder.

Why not ask a Broadband equiped friend to download these for you, and then
burn them to CD.

Roy G

The Kodak software download is ONLY the downloader/installer, not the
body of the program. I can be interrupted and restarted (at least they
claim so), but given the size of the files, dialup users might find it
easier to buy the CD version.