A Photography forum. PhotoBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PhotoBanter.com forum » Digital Photography » Digital Photography
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Photo of Old Camera



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 31st 10, 07:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
mmyvusenet
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 187
Default Photo of Old Camera

Hola:

Today I took this photo about this memory:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4319420908/

Thanks for the technical comments about photography.

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com


  #2  
Old February 1st 10, 12:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
irwell
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 694
Default Photo of Old Camera

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 14:24:39 -0500, mmyvusenet wrote:

Hola:

Today I took this photo about this memory:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4319420908/

Thanks for the technical comments about photography.


Take a look at this thread, there is a camera similar
to it.
  #3  
Old February 1st 10, 04:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
GMAN[_12_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 139
Default Photo of Old Camera

In article , Rich wrote:
On Jan 31, 2:24=A0pm, "mmyvusenet" wrote:
Hola:

Today I took this photo about this memory:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4319420908/

Thanks for the technical comments about photography.

--
MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com


It's kind of boring. Sitting on some cheap melamine shelving. Clean
it up with q-tips and Windex first, it looks dirty. Then shoot it so
that it looks like a product shot. Either blow out a white
background, or find one that looks interesting.

WTF??? Are you crazy???? Cleaning an antique, whether it be an old firearm, or
camera, or anything of age is a cardinal sin and devalues the item 10
fold!!!!!!


  #4  
Old February 1st 10, 09:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
bugbear
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,258
Default Photo of Old Camera

Rich wrote:
Then shoot it so
that it looks like a product shot.


You mean as uncreative as possible?

BugBear
  #5  
Old February 1st 10, 09:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
bugbear
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,258
Default Photo of Old Camera

mmyvusenet wrote:
Hola:

Today I took this photo about this memory:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4319420908/

Thanks for the technical comments about photography.


Your lens it at its widest, and this has caused
quite severe spherical abberation, which is
not a good look.

Either learn to post-correct this,
or shoot with longer focal lengths, which
tend to have this abberation to a far lower extent.

BugBear
  #6  
Old February 1st 10, 11:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
bugbear
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,258
Default Photo of Old Camera

Rich wrote:
On Feb 1, 4:57 am, bugbear wrote:
Rich wrote:
Then shoot it so
that it looks like a product shot.

You mean as uncreative as possible?

BugBear


Yes, all product shots are uncreative and amateur shots are high art.


Would you mind contradiction assertions I've made,
not straw men you've fabricated?

BugBear
  #7  
Old February 2nd 10, 07:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5,136
Default Photo of Old Camera

Rich wrote:
Rubbish. Cleaning dirt off isn't the same as removing old paint
finishes, or oxidization. Go to a museum, look at gold dug up or
retrieved from the ocean after a 1000 years. You think it came out of
that sparkling clean?


Yep. As a professed metallurgist you should know that gold doesn't
tarnish or corrode in salt water.

--
Ray Fischer


  #8  
Old February 2nd 10, 09:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
bugbear
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,258
Default Photo of Old Camera

Rich wrote:
On Feb 1, 6:25 am, bugbear wrote:
Rich wrote:
On Feb 1, 4:57 am, bugbear wrote:
Rich wrote:
Then shoot it so
that it looks like a product shot.
You mean as uncreative as possible?
BugBear
Yes, all product shots are uncreative and amateur shots are high art.

Would you mind contradiction assertions I've made,
not straw men you've fabricated?

BugBear


You first. You made the claim.


What - that products shots have a strong tendancy to be uncreative?

Pick up a supermarket flyer sometime.

Or most any shopping site:

See any creativivity here?

http://www.toolbank.com/c/B0017

BugBear
  #9  
Old February 3rd 10, 09:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
bugbear
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,258
Default Photo of Old Camera

bugbear wrote:
Rich wrote:
On Feb 1, 6:25 am, bugbear wrote:
Rich wrote:
On Feb 1, 4:57 am, bugbear wrote:
Rich wrote:
Then shoot it so
that it looks like a product shot.
You mean as uncreative as possible?
BugBear
Yes, all product shots are uncreative and amateur shots are high art.
Would you mind contradiction assertions I've made,
not straw men you've fabricated?

BugBear


You first. You made the claim.


What - that products shots have a strong tendancy to be uncreative?

Pick up a supermarket flyer sometime.

Or most any shopping site:

See any creativivity here?

http://www.toolbank.com/c/B0017


Hmm. Crickets and tumbleweed.

BugBear
  #10  
Old February 3rd 10, 10:05 PM
pixmaniak pixmaniak is offline
Junior Member
 
First recorded activity by PhotoBanter: Jan 2010
Posts: 2
Default

Very nice camera, I dont know why but I love these old grandpas Fotos taken with them always look so great
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS- MUCH Nikon Camera and Other Photo Gear David Ruether General Equipment For Sale 0 May 27th 07 08:13 PM
camera/photo stores in SFO? W Chan Digital Photo Equipment For Sale 1 July 19th 06 12:15 AM
Need a photo lab for Nishika 3-D camera sgfan3 35mm Photo Equipment 5 April 28th 06 03:14 AM
B&H photo: camera paid, but not received [email protected] Digital Photography 48 March 23rd 05 10:11 PM
NEW Digital photo camera Chris Brown Medium Format Photography Equipment 1 June 2nd 04 01:38 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 PhotoBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.