Nikon D100 - pictures dark

Old December 16th 04, 09:38 PM
Shonda Waxman

Default Nikon D100 - pictures dark

I have a Nikon D100 digital camera. The pictures I'm taking inside come out
dark even when using the built-in flash. I also have a flash attachment
that I use which definitely helps but the flash doesn't keep up with the
camera. I've messed around with the white balance but haven't really seen
much improvement. Anyone had similar experience with a D100 or any other
camera? Thnx - Shonda.

Old December 17th 04, 05:32 AM
C J Campbell

"Shonda Waxman" wrote in message
I have a Nikon D100 digital camera. The pictures I'm taking inside come

out
dark even when using the built-in flash.

I am going to guess that you have your built-in flash set to "commander"
mode or something like that.

Old December 17th 04, 08:43 AM
Robert Klemme

"Shonda Waxman" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a Nikon D100 digital camera. The pictures I'm taking inside come

out
dark even when using the built-in flash. I also have a flash attachment
that I use which definitely helps but the flash doesn't keep up with the
camera. I've messed around with the white balance but haven't really

seen
much improvement. Anyone had similar experience with a D100 or any

other
camera? Thnx - Shonda.

To me this sounds as if you're trying to illuminate things with your flash
that are too far away for the flash to reach (i.e. your flash is too
weak). Alternatively you might have tuned down flash output (dunno
whether that camera has this feature).

Kind regards

robert

Old December 17th 04, 10:40 PM
The PhAnToM

Shonda Waxman wrote:
I have a Nikon D100 digital camera. The pictures I'm taking inside

come out
dark even when using the built-in flash. I also have a flash

attachment
that I use which definitely helps but the flash doesn't keep up with

the
camera. I've messed around with the white balance but haven't really

seen
much improvement. Anyone had similar experience with a D100 or any

other
camera? Thnx - Shonda.

Here's a dumb question... but do they come out dark on the camera's
CCD, too, are are they just dark when you upload them to your pc?
Zach