We need to ban all handguns in America NOW

Old April 20th 07, 03:36 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Bill Funk

Default We need to ban all handguns in America NOW

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:54:42 -0700, nick c
wrote:

Seems to me, the UK government wouldn't hesitate to arm its citizenry
if an invasion were thought to be the intent of another nation.

It wasn't that long ago when US citizens gave up many of their own
private firearms to arm British citizens in just that situation.
It seems Britain didn't have the manufacturing capability to do that
on its own.

Rudy Giuliani will address students at Pat
Robertson's university next week. He is for
gay rights, abortion, gun control and divorce.
Pat Robertson plans to hand out sticks and
marshmallows to the students to take advantage
of the fire surrounding the podium.
Old April 20th 07, 03:43 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Bill Funk

On 19 Apr 2007 18:05:59 -0700, It's Americans OR Democrats
wrote:

On Apr 19, 5:37 pm, Bill Funk wrote:
On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:30:56 +0100, "dennis@home"

wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...

It's OK. The UK has their own gun bans and yet still has gun
rampages.

When?
What gun rampage has their been since handguns were banned?

Hows their crime rate doing since the last ban?

Horrible. It's the frog in boiling water. Raise the temp gradually,
the frog just boils without a peep. They don't seem to notice the
rising tide of gun crime as long as it is confined to isolated
incidents, even though they are increasing. Much like Toronto seeing
50-odd gun murders happening in the space of a year, all committed by
the same group, but over time. But, let some distraught student do it
all at once.....In the 1960s, in Canada, you could buy a handgun in a
store, go out in the country and target shoot. Today, obtaining a
handgun takes six months of training, paperwork and interviews by
police. Yet the gun crime rate is up, up, up!! It all comes down to
one fact; Guns don't kill people, CERTAIN people kill people and
illegal gun availability is never even dented by controls, especially
when the punishment for illegal gun use is a slap on the wrist.

You know that, I know that,and so do many others.
But some people honestly thing gun control is about controlling guns,
when it's actually an attempt to control people through controlling
things.
It's very much like our (the US) war on drugs. It's an abject failure
(so bad that we actually have signs on the fences surrounding schools
saying that the school is a "Drug Free Zone"); drugs today are better,
cheaper, and more available than then the war started. Anyone here who
wants to do drugs is very able to do so.
We have people driving vans across the Mexico border with vans full of
drugs. If we were to actually ban guns, there would be vans driving
here full of guns, and the Border Patrol would admit (as they do now
with drugs) that htey can only catch about 10% of them.
Banning an item does not control that item; but somehow, there are
people who ignore reality in their quest for more control (read,
power).
Such people need to be pointed out as stupid.

Old April 20th 07, 04:08 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Harold Burton

In article .com,
"G.I. Cho" wrote:

How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We have
a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
the pistols and the assault rifles...

Yawn, and that will be just as successful as prohibition and the war on
drugs. I love the naivete (that's a euphemism for stupidity) of
leftards.
Old April 20th 07, 06:37 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Tom Gardner

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 19, 2:32 am, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
G.I. Cho wrote:
How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We have
a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
the pistols and the assault rifles unless you want to go over and
fight in Iraq.

We certainly have a serious problem. That problem is the creation of
disarmament zones like VT, where people aren't allowed to defend
themselves. We need to stop doing that *now* before more people die.

Imagine an upright student-citizen ignored the VT ban, carried
illegally, and brought Cho down early in the rampage.

Hero or Villian?

How would the media portray him/her? Certainly the DA would prosecute.

How many guns are carried by students TODAY? People will risk it now.

Old April 20th 07, 06:45 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Tom Gardner

"Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute" wrote in message
In message , nick c sprach
forth the following:

If the British government doesn't trust its citizenry to have firearms
and act responsibly and sensible, should others follow the example of
the British government and not trust British citizens to act
responsibly and sensible.

Well, when an entire nation cannot produce a reliable car or a tasty food,
one can't place such high expectations thereupon.

Don't forget warm beer...Oh yea, Lucas makes refrigerators.

Old April 20th 07, 07:24 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Billzz

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
et...

"Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute" wrote in message
In message , nick c sprach
forth the following:

If the British government doesn't trust its citizenry to have firearms
and act responsibly and sensible, should others follow the example of
the British government and not trust British citizens to act
responsibly and sensible.

Well, when an entire nation cannot produce a reliable car or a tasty
food,
one can't place such high expectations thereupon.

Don't forget warm beer...Oh yea, Lucas makes refrigerators.

Yes, as we Jaguar owners used to say, "Lucas, the Prince of Darkness."

And yet I have owned a 1957 XK-140 Jaguar (raced at Laguna Seca) and a 1962
E-Type Jaguar, and whatever their shortcomings they are worth many times
their purchase price. My 1957 Jaguar cost me $800.00 and my 1962 Jaguar
cost me 2000.00, and they are in the 20,000 to 60,000 dollar range today.
So they must have done something right. I sure do wish I had them back.
They were a really big pain in the butt to maintain, but they were a really
big kick in the butt to drive.

Old April 20th 07, 05:32 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
It's Americans OR Democrats

On Apr 20, 2:24 am, "Billzz" wrote:
"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

et...

"Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute" wrote in message
In om, nick c sprach
[...]

A 1970 Convertible Hemi 'Cuda (Plymouth) bought 20 years ago for
$30,000 will net you about $1,000,000 today...

Old April 20th 07, 05:43 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
What Me Worry?

"Hertz_Donut" wrote in message

"Neil Ellwood" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 22:22:24 -0600, Notan wrote:

G.I. Cho wrote:
How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We have
a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
the pistols and the assault rifles unless you want to go over and fight
in Iraq.

Please explain exactly how one bans unregistered handguns.

Sentencing everyone who is convicted of having one to 30 years
imprisonment with hard labour and basic food only would lessen the
problem in a few years - of course no country would have the courage to
do this.

Wow...just when I thought that idiocy had reached it's limit...

You're not in favor of jailing criminals?

How are you going to pay for the thousands of prisons that would need to
be built? How are you going to pay for the cost of keeping each gun law
breaker for 30 years?

Why are you soft on gun crime?

Old April 20th 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George

David Dyer-Bennet:
G.I. Cho wrote:
How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We

have
a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
the pistols and the assault rifles unless you want to go over and
fight in Iraq.

We certainly have a serious problem. That problem is the creation of

disarmament zones like VT, where people aren't allowed to defend
themselves. We need to stop doing that *now* before more people die.

I agree !
Then why dont we make cocaine ilegal and ban it.

Why not make abortion ileagal and ban it...it does stop a beating heart
doesnt it ?
Old April 20th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
GMAN[_2_]

In article , "Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute" wrote:
In message , nick c sprach
forth the following:

If the British government doesn't trust its citizenry to have firearms
and act responsibly and sensible, should others follow the example of
the British government and not trust British citizens to act
responsibly and sensible.

Well, when an entire nation cannot produce a reliable car or a tasty food,
one can't place such high expectations thereupon.

Well what do you expect that you cant seem to find tasty food to satisfy you,
you've gone and messed up your taste buds with your profession!