We need to ban all handguns in America NOW

Old April 19th 07, 10:37 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Bill Funk

Default We need to ban all handguns in America NOW

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:30:56 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...

It's OK. The UK has their own gun bans and yet still has gun
rampages.

When?
What gun rampage has their been since handguns were banned?

Hows their crime rate doing since the last ban?

Rudy Giuliani will address students at Pat
Robertson's university next week. He is for
gay rights, abortion, gun control and divorce.
Pat Robertson plans to hand out sticks and
marshmallows to the students to take advantage
of the fire surrounding the podium.
Old April 19th 07, 10:40 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
It's Americans OR Democrats

On Apr 19, 1:08 pm, Education_Is_Important
wrote:
On 19 Apr 2007 09:25:56 -0700, Rich wrote:

On Apr 19, 12:17 am, "G.I. Cho" wrote:
How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We have
a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
the pistols and the assault rifles unless you want to go over and
fight in Iraq.

40 years ago, some idiot liberal psychiatrists decided the best way to
expedite the treatment of loonies was to "intergrate" them into
society. The loonies were turfed from the insane asylums (it used to
be relatively easy to have someone confined) and crime SOARED. You
now see the results of this, people who are CLEARLY out of their minds
are allowed to live in society and the results are predictable. Time
to stop blaming "objects" for crimes and START blaming people.
To start with, all homeless people should be institutionalized. All
those determined to be a danger to themselves or the public should be
locked up.

Rich:
Some of what you have to say is accurate and clearly supported
by Psychological Studies and information currently in the databases of
the Criminal Justice System and Criminology.
In so far as it being "Time to stop blaming "objects" and
START blaming People" is concerned - that too appear to be an accurate
outflow of logic and reason. However, in "most people's minds" - they
DON'T WANT TO BLAME the person - they want to blame the object -
because they feel - if the object wasn't there - the criminal act
would not have occurred [a classic example of faulty/circular logic].
What they don't realize is the fact that if the "object" hadn't been
there - "some other object" - equally or more devastating - probably
would have been used - and quite possibly have resulted in greater or
more devastating losses of life and property.
The one part of your posting I tend to take exception to is
the "...all homeless people should be institutionalized." inference.
I suggest that you may wish to amend your "blanket reference" to the
homeless.
Granted, there are a NUMBER of the homeless who should be
institutionalized - because of Mental Disease/Disorders, Drugs and/or
Alcohol ingestion, and other equally devastating problems. However,
NOW DAYS - there are numerous people who are "homeless" and living on
the streets due to Circumstances beyond their control and the GREED of
others. Not just men, but women, children, and infants - forced out
onto the streets because of the way the economy is, because of BACK
STABBING Co-workers, because of SUPERVISORS who take umbrage at
someone who is more intelligent, experienced, or trained than they are
and end up forcing a situation on the employee - because of jealousy.
There are any number of reasons for a person/family to be unemployed
and "homeless." Not just because of a Mental, Drug, or Alcohol
problem. So, you may wish to qualify/quantify your suggestion
regarding the "HOMELESS" and the fact that you think that they need to
be "institutionalized."

90% or more of the homeless population are mentally ill and need to be
treated and it's a bit difficult unless they are institutionalized.
The cost of institutionalizing them would be cheaper than dealing with
the crimes they commit.

Old April 20th 07, 12:41 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
WWJBD@ticking_clock.com

On 18 Apr 2007 21:17:08 -0700, "G.I. Cho"
wrote:

How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We have
a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
the pistols and the assault rifles unless you want to go over and
fight in Iraq.

Try weaning yourself off your drugs and get back to us when
you get a clue.
Old April 20th 07, 02:05 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
It's Americans OR Democrats

wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...

It's OK. The UK has their own gun bans and yet still has gun
rampages.

When?
What gun rampage has their been since handguns were banned?

Hows their crime rate doing since the last ban?

Horrible. It's the frog in boiling water. Raise the temp gradually,
the frog just boils without a peep. They don't seem to notice the
rising tide of gun crime as long as it is confined to isolated
incidents, even though they are increasing. Much like Toronto seeing
50-odd gun murders happening in the space of a year, all committed by
the same group, but over time. But, let some distraught student do it
all at once.....In the 1960s, in Canada, you could buy a handgun in a
store, go out in the country and target shoot. Today, obtaining a
handgun takes six months of training, paperwork and interviews by
police. Yet the gun crime rate is up, up, up!! It all comes down to
one fact; Guns don't kill people, CERTAIN people kill people and
illegal gun availability is never even dented by controls, especially
when the punishment for illegal gun use is a slap on the wrist.

Old April 20th 07, 02:21 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Cynicor

It's Americans OR Democrats wrote:

90% or more of the homeless population are mentally ill and need to be
treated and it's a bit difficult unless they are institutionalized.
The cost of institutionalizing them would be cheaper than dealing with
the crimes they commit.

That stat doesn't seem to be supported by the facts. First of all, only
10% of the homeless are chronically homeless. The other 90% are
short-term homeless, after a disaster or About a third of the homeless
population has schizophrenia or manic-depressive illness. (Versus 4% of
the general population.) Not 90%. So...nice sound bite, but utterly wrong.

However, we've had bigger problems with the mentally ill homeless ever
since Reagan slashed funding for their care.

http://mentalhealth.samhsa.gov/publi.../homelessness/
http://www.psychlaws.org/generalResources/fact11.htm
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionande...618/cover.html
Old April 20th 07, 02:35 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Ole redneck

On 19 Apr, 00:20, Neil Ellwood wrote:
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 22:22:24 -0600, Notan wrote:
G.I. Cho wrote:
How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We have
a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
the pistols and the assault rifles unless you want to go over and fight
in Iraq.

Please explain exactly how one bans unregistered handguns.

Sentencing everyone who is convicted of having one to 30 years
imprisonment with hard labour and basic food only would lessen the
problem in a few years - of course no country would have the courage to
do this.

The founding fathers believed you would. That is why we have the 2nd
amendment so we can prevent a psychotic like you, from locking all of
us up at hard labor for 30 years.

--
Neil
reverse 'r' and'a' - delete 'l' for email

Old April 20th 07, 02:35 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
m II

Chas.Chan wrote:

Please explain exactly how one bans unregistered handguns.

The same way Mao Tse Dung, Jos. Stalin and Hiler did it.

The founding fathers knew that guns promote freedom and that Tyrants from
Hitler to Mao to Stalin have sought to disarm their own citizens, for the
simple reason that unarmed people are easier to control.

Saddam Hussein never banned guns. Iraq had/has millions of AK47s in
circulation. By your criteria, the guy should have been a US hero and a
world renowned figure of Freedom and Democracy.

mike
Old April 20th 07, 03:17 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
nick c

wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

It's been often said, the deadliest creature on earth is man.

Old April 20th 07, 03:25 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Hertz_Donut

"m II" wrote in message news:9NUVh.8441$j%5.4385@edtnps90...
Chas.Chan wrote:

Please explain exactly how one bans unregistered handguns.

The same way Mao Tse Dung, Jos. Stalin and Hiler did it.

The founding fathers knew that guns promote freedom and that Tyrants from
Hitler to Mao to Stalin have sought to disarm their own citizens, for the
simple reason that unarmed people are easier to control.

Saddam Hussein never banned guns. Iraq had/has millions of AK47s in
circulation. By your criteria, the guy should have been a US hero and a
world renowned figure of Freedom and Democracy.

Very silly analogy. Did Sadam force anyone to have guns? Did Sadam profit
from selling those "millions" of AK47's? Sadam wanted his populace to be
his last defense...to rise up against any "invaders".

Lucky for us, the drafters of the constitution were not stymied by such
myopic vision as yours.

Honu

Old April 20th 07, 03:32 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Bill Funk

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:34:26 -0500, "Chas.Chan"
wrote:

"Notan" notan@ddressthatcanbespammed wrote in message
G.I. Cho wrote:
How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We have
a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
the pistols and the assault rifles unless you want to go over and
fight in Iraq.

Please explain exactly how one bans unregistered handguns.

The same way Mao Tse Dung, Jos. Stalin and Hiler did it.

The founding fathers knew that guns promote freedom and that Tyrants from
Hitler to Mao to Stalin have sought to disarm their own citizens, for the
simple reason that unarmed people are easier to control.

The founding fathers knew of Hitler, Mao and Stalin?
Wow! They were good!