We need to ban all handguns in America NOW

Old April 19th 07, 07:55 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
nick c

Default We need to ban all handguns in America NOW

Stuart wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 19, 5:01 am, "Stuart" wrote:
"James Jones" wrote in message

"G.I. Cho" wrote in message
oups.com...
How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We have
a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
the pistols and the assault rifles unless you want to go over and
fight in Iraq.
You're going to let us keep our rifles and shotguns? Gee, that's awfully
generous of you.

I can just see it ,arm everyone including the immature students at
University and schools - some idiot comes in and tries to recreate a
massacre and it's guns ablazing to the left centre and right!!! an orgy of
killing. If the USA had a population problem it would be one way to solve
it
quick smart. The gun lobby are life haters....

Life savers...

If your theory were true, police wouldn't carry firearms.

No the police and militia are trained and have legislative authority.

I see .... personal protection should be at the option of the
legislator. LOL ......

Ordinary citizens can range from highly self disciplined and possessed of
logical thought processes to the idiots who performed this outrage. You can
never assume or transpose your own moral and ethical values on the entire
population - it's also a pointless exercise to use words like "they should
do this or that" people are not that predictable... it is now known the
adult male brain is not fully developed till around 24 to 25. How many 18
year olds have a cool head?

Would you suggest that the military not accept enlistments from those
under 24 years of age because younger brains are not fully developed?

How many young men settle problems with a debate
rather than primitive fists or weapons at hand? nah! the population at large
needs to be de-armed and rely on a respect the police and authority. It
will take time but it will happed after to many more deaths force reality on
the USA - just compare the violence to nearly any other 1st world country.

Okay, lets compa

School shootings around the world
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

School shootings from around the world since 1996:

- Nov. 21, 2006: Sebastian Bosse, 18, opens fire at his former school in
Emsdetten, Germany, before killing himself. Five people are wounded and
scores hospitalized for smoke inhalation after he sets off smoke bombs.

- Sept. 13, 2006: Kimveer Gill, 25, opens fire in a cafeteria at a
Montreal
college, killing one student and wounding 19 before shooting himself.

- Sept. 28, 2004: Three teenagers are shot and killed by their 15-year-old
classmate at a high school in Carmen de Patagones, Argentina. The
suspect is
detained.

- Sept. 3, 2004: Chechen rebels take hundreds of students and teachers
hostage in a school in Beslan, Russia, for two days. The siege ends when
explosions tear through the school and security forces storm the building,
leaving 334 dead - more than half of them children - as well as 31
suspected
militants and 11 special forces soldiers.

- April 29, 2002: Dragoslav Petkovic, 17, shoots his teacher, then himself
at a school in Vlansenica, Bosnia-Herzegovina.

- April 26, 2002: Robert Steinhaeuser, 19, who had been expelled from a
school in Erfurt, Germany, kills 13 teachers, two former classmates and a
policeman, before shooting himself.

- Feb. 19, 2002: A man in his 20s fatally shoots the principal of his
former
high school in Freising, Germany, after killing two people at a company
where he was fired. The man then kills himself.

- Jan. 18, 2001: Two teenagers fatally shoot a 16-year-old student in a
bathroom at a school in a suburb of Stockholm, Sweden.

- March 30, 1997: A father in Sana'a, Yemen, kills four students and two
adults, including the headmistress, at the school his daughters attend. He
then walks to another school and kills a teacher there.

- March 13, 1996: Thomas Hamilton, 43, kills 16 kindergarten children and
their teacher in Dunblane, Scotland, before turning the gun on him

Old April 19th 07, 08:23 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
the_blogologist

G.I. Cho wrote:

How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We have
a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
the pistols and the assault rifles unless you want to go over and
fight in Iraq.

The shooter violated a gun ban.

Old April 19th 07, 08:25 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Jack Linthicum

On Apr 19, 12:17 am, "G.I. Cho" wrote:
How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We have
a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
the pistols and the assault rifles unless you want to go over and
fight in Iraq.

You mean like Great Britain who banned all hand guns from about 1946
on. There are still 300,000 illegal handguns in GB, one for every 400
people.

Old April 19th 07, 08:46 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
nick c

dennis@home wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

It's OK. The UK has their own gun bans and yet still has gun
rampages.

When?
What gun rampage has their been since handguns were banned?

No rampage (that I'm readily know of), but soon after the gun ban and
confiscation took place in the UK, wasn't there a young popular female
TV news reporter shot to death on the front steps of her home in
London? How did the assailant acquire a gun months after the gun ban
and confiscation took place?

Since that time, would you assert that no one else in the UK has been
killed by an assailant who used a gun?

Old April 19th 07, 09:54 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
nick c

Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute wrote:
In message , nick c sprach
forth the following:

dennis@home wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

It's OK. The UK has their own gun bans and yet still has gun
rampages.

When?
What gun rampage has their been since handguns were banned?

No rampage (that I'm readily know of), but soon after the gun ban and
confiscation took place in the UK, wasn't there a young popular female
TV news reporter shot to death on the front steps of her home in
London? How did the assailant acquire a gun months after the gun ban
and confiscation took place?

Since that time, would you assert that no one else in the UK has been
killed by an assailant who used a gun?

Ditto the mayor of Nagasaki.

Grinning

Food for thought:

If the British government doesn't trust its citizenry to have firearms
and act responsibly and sensible, should others follow the example of
the British government and not trust British citizens to act
responsibly and sensible.

Seems to me, the UK government wouldn't hesitate to arm its citizenry
if an invasion were thought to be the intent of another nation.
Churchill said he would arm every able bodied person if an invasion
were to take place. I guess that's the way some governments are. Arm
the people with all sorts of arms when necessary and trust them to
fight and if necessary die protect the seat of government, then disarm
them when the danger passes 'cause the people can't be trusted with arms.

In those dire times, government doesn't care for the health and
welfare of the people, as in, how many kids were killed in schools or
what a national death toll by firearms was so long as the seat of
government remains safe.

I, for one, would be tremendously impressed if a nation were to disarm
its citizenry, then abolish its military complex using the same
reasoning that ownership of firearms is bad and therefore there should
be no firearms.

Oh well, I tend to get sarcastic when I think how easy it is for good
intentions to be set aside when it's thought appropriate to do so.

Old April 19th 07, 10:27 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Bill Funk

On 18 Apr 2007 21:17:08 -0700, "G.I. Cho"
wrote:

How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We have
a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
the pistols and the assault rifles unless you want to go over and
fight in Iraq.

We have a ban on many drugs now.
Is it working? (In case you're not paying attention, the answer is a
resounding NO! Anyone who wants drugs is getting them.)
If you could explain the mechanics of actually getting a ban to work,
explain it. The DOJ wants to know.

Rudy Giuliani will address students at Pat
Robertson's university next week. He is for
gay rights, abortion, gun control and divorce.
Pat Robertson plans to hand out sticks and
marshmallows to the students to take advantage
of the fire surrounding the podium.
Old April 19th 07, 10:28 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Bill Funk

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 00:20:29 -0500, Neil Ellwood
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 22:22:24 -0600, Notan wrote:

G.I. Cho wrote:
How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We have
a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
the pistols and the assault rifles unless you want to go over and fight
in Iraq.

Please explain exactly how one bans unregistered handguns.

Sentencing everyone who is convicted of having one to 30 years
imprisonment with hard labour and basic food only would lessen the
problem in a few years - of course no country would have the courage to
do this.

That's not courage, it's stupidity.
Explain the mechanics of this, then explain how the economy would
handle it.

Old April 19th 07, 10:31 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Bill Funk

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 08:01:45 GMT, "Stuart"
wrote:

"James Jones" wrote in message
.. .

"G.I. Cho" wrote in message
oups.com...
How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We have
a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
the pistols and the assault rifles unless you want to go over and
fight in Iraq.

You're going to let us keep our rifles and shotguns? Gee, that's awfully
generous of you.

I can just see it ,arm everyone including the immature students at
University and schools - some idiot comes in and tries to recreate a
massacre and it's guns ablazing to the left centre and right!!! an orgy of
killing. If the USA had a population problem it would be one way to solve it
quick smart. The gun lobby are life haters....

Typical liberal answer!
You actually think this would happen?
Think: it's only in recent years that gun bans were instituted for
school campuses. Believe it or not, schools actually used to have gun
teams! Massacres didn't happen then.

Old April 19th 07, 10:34 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Bill Funk

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:40:36 GMT, "Stuart"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
On Apr 19, 5:01 am, "Stuart" wrote:
"James Jones" wrote in message

"G.I. Cho" wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

year olds have a cool head? How many young men settle problems with a debate
rather than primitive fists or weapons at hand? nah! the population at large
needs to be de-armed and rely on a respect the police and authority. It
will take time but it will happed after to many more deaths force reality on
the USA - just compare the violence to nearly any other 1st world country.

More liberal claptrap.
Are you old enough to remember when guns could be bought at local
hardware stores, and through mail order? Probably not.
The chaos you predict didn't happen when it was possible for basically
everyone to be armed. Why do you think if it didn't happen then, it
would happen now?

Old April 19th 07, 10:36 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Bill Funk

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 07:59:57 GMT, "pjp"
wrote:

It's really simple to solve.

Make the manufacturers liable for their products.

Oh, yeah.
Car makers, too. Swimming pool installers, in fact all manufacturers.
That'll work well.

In fact, stop manufacturing the product sounds better.

Oh that's right, you yanks are so keen on money being above all else and
that'd hurt business so it's never considered.

You self-righteous hypocrites deserve the turmoil is my opinion.

Do you ever stop to think? Or do you say everything that pops into
your liberal mind?
Simplistic doesn't even begin to describe your thinking.

roups.com...