We need to ban all handguns in America NOW

Old May 3rd 07, 11:07 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Joe[_4_]

Default We need to ban all handguns in America NOW

On Apr 19, 11:14 am, Robert Sturgeon wrote:
On 19 Apr 2007 02:46:27 -0700,

wrote:
On Apr 19, 2:32 am, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
G.I. Cho wrote:
How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We have
a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
the pistols and the assault rifles unless you want to go over and
fight in Iraq.

We certainly have a serious problem. That problem is the creation of
disarmament zones like VT, where people aren't allowed to defend
themselves. We need to stop doing that *now* before more people die.

Imagine an upright student-citizen ignored the VT ban, carried
illegally, and brought Cho down early in the rampage.

Hero or Villian?

To his fellow students? A hero. To the mainstream news
media? A villain.

How would the media portray him/her? Certainly the DA would prosecute.

That's the why of the saying -- Better to be judged by 12
than carried by 6.

--
Robert Sturgeon
Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.http://www.vistech.net/users/rsturge/- Hide quoted text -

Why is this thread being posted to rec.photo.digital...this is way off
topic.

Please remove rec.photo.digital from all future posts.

Joe

Old May 5th 07, 06:32 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Roger (K8RI)

On 02 May 2007 04:21:42 GMT, (Ray Fischer) wrote:

Gunner wrote:
(Ray Fischer) wrote:
Gunner wrote:
On 01 May 2007 05:06:42 GMT,
(Ray Fischer) wrote:

Oh I certainly see the fantasy world you live in, but it has little
relationship to the real world.

Firearms are used to kill two out of every three homicide victims
in America.. In the first nationally representative study to
examine the relationship between survey measures of household
firearm ownership and state level rates of homicide, researchers
at the Harvard Injury Control Research Center found that homicide
rates among children, and among women and men of all ages, are
higher in states where more households have guns. The study
appears in the February 2007 issue of Social Science and Medicine.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0111181527.htm

Yes. And?

Whats your point?

Obvious. Guns do not make people safer. The opposite is true.

False.

The irrational bull**** of a cultist doesn't rate higher than
the cited objective research.

You lose, cultist.

Not to inject some data here, but in almost ALL states that have
passed "right to carry" laws, violent crime has gone down.

Old May 5th 07, 06:33 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Roger (K8RI)

On Wed, 2 May 2007 23:50:53 -0400, "Bob Brock"
wrote:

"Ray Fischer" wrote in message
.. .
The Bobert wrote:
Gunner wrote:

On 02 May 2007 04:21:42 GMT, (Ray Fischer) wrote:

Whats your point?

An armed society is a polite society

Which is why 30,000 Americans are killed by guns each year.

That would be what, 6000 less than die from the flu in the US on average?
BTW, you do know that more than half of the gun related deaths are suicides?
Do you really think that denying someone suicidal a gun will stop them from
killing themselves?

We kill off 43 to 45 thousand on the highways each year and no one
even gets upset.

Old May 5th 07, 06:48 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Tim May

In article , K8RI
wrote:

We kill off 43 to 45 thousand on the highways each year and no one
even gets upset.

I'm not arguing for gun control (in fact, gun grabbers should be
tortured to death, or at least blown up), but using language like "we
kill off..." is grossly misleading.

While some drivers kill other drivers, even pedestrians, and certainly
their passengers, "we" don't kill anyone.

Even if by "we" you meant you and your family, you could only kill off
a few per year, not tens of thousands.

--Tim May
Old May 6th 07, 07:47 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Roger (K8RI)

On Fri, 04 May 2007 22:48:02 -0700, Tim May
wrote:

In article , K8RI
wrote:

We kill off 43 to 45 thousand on the highways each year and no one
even gets upset.

I'm not arguing for gun control (in fact, gun grabbers should be
tortured to death, or at least blown up), but using language like "we
kill off..." is grossly misleading.

While some drivers kill other drivers, even pedestrians, and certainly
their passengers, "we" don't kill anyone.

We do as it is condoned by default. Few people even get upset unless
those killed are family or friends.

Even if by "we" you meant you and your family, you could only kill off
a few per year, not tens of thousands.

I mean the collective "We" as in the American driving public. By that
I mean virtually all drives are guilty by, or through apathy.

--Tim May

Old May 6th 07, 03:51 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Robert Sturgeon

On Sun, 06 May 2007 02:47:56 -0400, "Roger (K8RI)"
wrote:

On Fri, 04 May 2007 22:48:02 -0700, Tim May
wrote:

In article , K8RI
wrote:

We kill off 43 to 45 thousand on the highways each year and no one
even gets upset.

I'm not arguing for gun control (in fact, gun grabbers should be
tortured to death, or at least blown up), but using language like "we
kill off..." is grossly misleading.

While some drivers kill other drivers, even pedestrians, and certainly
their passengers, "we" don't kill anyone.

We do as it is condoned by default. Few people even get upset unless
those killed are family or friends.

Even if by "we" you meant you and your family, you could only kill off
a few per year, not tens of thousands.

I mean the collective "We" as in the American driving public. By that
I mean virtually all drives are guilty by, or through apathy.

I plead "not guilty." Apathy is not guilt. I am apathetic
about the starving people of Africa. I am not causing them
to starve.

Old May 8th 07, 05:53 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
chaser48

On Apr 28, 11:34 pm, Bushzilla wrote:
On Apr 27, 5:01 am, Gunner wrote: On 26 Apr 2007 21:37:56 -0700, Bushzilla wrote:

exactly, and that is the problem, because, a Virginia judge in
December 2005 deemed Cho "an imminent danger to himself because of
mental illness" and ordered outpatient treatment for him, according to
court documents, and Cho was still legally entitled to buy them, we
need better laws so this does not happen anymore..

= actually...no..CHo was NOT legally entitled to buy them.

RICHMOND, Va. - Virginia Tech senior Seung-Hui Cho walked into a
Roanoke gun shop five weeks ago, put down a credit card and walked out
with a Glock 19 handgun and a box of ammunition. He paid $571.

The Glock was one of two guns found with Cho's fingerprints after he
fatally shot 32 people and then himself at the university in the
deadliest shooting rampage in modern U.S. history.

RoanokeFirearmsowner John Markell said his shop sold the Glock to
Cho in March. The serial number had been scratched off, but federal
agents traced it to the store using a receipt found in Cho's backpack.

"It was a very unremarkable sale," said Markell, who did not handle
the sale personally. "He was a nice, clean-cut college kid. We won't
sell a gun if we have any idea at all that a purchase is suspicious."

Markell said it's not unusual for college students to make purchases
at his shop as long as they are old enough.

Cho held a green card, meaning he was a legal, permanent resident,
according to federal officials. That meant he was eligible to buy a
handgun unless he had been convicted of a felony.

"To find out the gun came from my shop is just terrible," Markell
said.

'Easy access to high firepower weapons'
Authorities also found a Walther .22-caliber handgun in Cho's
possession, according to a search warrant filed in Montgomery County.

Virginia State Police Superintendent Col. W. Steven Flaherty said
Tuesday afternoon that both guns were purchased legally in Virginia.

Because he killed and injured so many victims in a short span of time,
some people speculated that Cho used high-capacity magazines
containing as many as 33 rounds in each clip.

Under the federal assault-weapons ban enacted in 1994, magazines were
limited to 10 rounds. But that ban was allowed to expire in 2004.

"The key thing that we have seen in all of these school shootings is
easy access to high firepower weapons," said Daniel Vice, an attorney
with the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "These killings can't
be done with baseball bats and knives."

What makes you so sure of these stupid musings of yours? I can whack
your ass with a baseball bat and you wouldnt be around -- Your mouth
moves before you think!!!
KEY THING?? " ALL THESE...??" You are mixing your metaphores Daniel Vice or if not, talking with **** in your mouth. The process that all must follow to gain ownership of a firearm is a done deal -- we have all been through the process and the purpose is to search for peculiaraities in a persons application to purchase a firearm. The key thing is that this Chink had already premeditated the murder of certain and or several teachers or students - he would have killed them sooner of later. Why lie about it? If the cops are out gunned by black drug dealers or robbers, one never hears that their high firepower handguns were not equal to the bad guys firearms -- rather the cops use low firepower as to not do harm. Cho definately was not using a high firepower weapon and you so easily lie about that.

What a liar!! Cho would have used whatever he could to kill certain
persons as these persons truly - in his sick mind - had done him
wrong. Cho could not be stopped one way or another.
Where you so err is believing that all firearms cause harm. Were I in
those classrooms or near and with a concealed carry permit - I would
have put an end to his hurting the majority of persons that he shot.
Just think if a whole room full of students were carrying firearms,
they would have blown Cho away before he could have done any harm or
the full extent of the harm he committed. You are just a child and
coward with no creative solutions and neither vision. Your Brady
group does more harm than good and fight against persons who are
lawful and law abiding and still Mr Brady is a vegetable is he not?
Go join the army and do some good you cowardly liar sack of sh__.

Under Virginia law, state police keep records of gun purchases from
licensed dealers for only 30 days. After that, police destroy the
records.

= And if the
= mental health system or that judge had not dropped the ball so
= badly..and the data had been properly entered into the InstaCheck
data
= base..he would never have been able to buy one through a store.

good, so you are finally admitting the system we have in place ins not
enough..

= Now on the other hand..this seldom stops a criminal or other
individual
= who wants a firearm. They simply procure one illegally. After
all..they
= are criminals.

and that once again, is why they need to go to jail for a very long
time when they do, now they get a slap on the writs and they areright
back at until they finally kill a large group of people.

= Seems the UK has the same problem..a total ban on them..yet they
seem to
= be readily available. Even with draconian penalties attached.

The UK has a small fraction of gun related deaths and crimes compared
to the USA, there is no comparison.

Gunner Asch

"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for Western civilization as it commits suicide"
- James Burnham

Old May 9th 07, 10:48 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Gunner

On 8 May 2007 09:53:40 -0700, chaser48 wrote:

"The key thing that we have seen in all of these school shootings is
easy access to high firepower weapons," said Daniel Vice, an attorney
with the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "These killings can't
be done with baseball bats and knives."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osaka_school_massacre

At 10:15 that morning, 37-year-old former janitor Mamoru Takuma entered
the school armed with a kitchen knife and began stabbing numerous school
children and teachers. He killed eight children, mostly between the ages
of seven and eight, and seriously wounded thirteen other children and
two teachers. Takuma was later convicted and sentenced to death by
hanging. The sentence was executed on September 14, 2004. [1]

The Osaka School Massacre was the second largest mass murder in recent
Japanese history, exceeded only by the fatalities caused in the Sarin
gas attack on the Tokyo subway.
"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be
as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment
is to gull**** in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at
all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in
sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration,
knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure
but enriches it."

- Onni 1:33
Old May 19th 07, 12:34 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

G.I. Cho wrote:
[...]

Will do. Thanks for the suggestion.

Old May 19th 07, 12:36 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

ups.com...

G.I. Cho wrote:
How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We have
a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
the pistols and the assault rifles unless you want to go over and
fight in Iraq.

We certainly have a serious problem. That problem is the creation of
disarmament zones like VT, where people aren't allowed to defend
themselves. We need to stop doing that *now* before more people die.

Imagine an upright student-citizen ignored the VT ban, carried
illegally, and brought Cho down early in the rampage.

Hero or Villian?

How would the media portray him/her? Certainly the DA would prosecute.

How many guns are carried by students TODAY? People will risk it now.

Apparently none were carried in the vicinity of VT on that day.