Need info on Canon G7

Old May 12th 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
[email protected]

Default Need info on Canon G7

For those who owns the G7, could you tell me whether the a filter
screen can be attached to the front of the camera? I notice that there
is a screw-in ring that attached to the front of the camera body.
However, one cannot screw in a filter screen, as the lens barrel
expand when you turn on the camera. Then, what is the use of this ring
for?
How do you attach a polarizing filter, for example on the G7?
Thanks for info.

Old May 12th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Mike Russell

wrote in message
oups.com...
For those who owns the G7, could you tell me whether the a filter
screen can be attached to the front of the camera? I notice that there
is a screw-in ring that attached to the front of the camera body.
However, one cannot screw in a filter screen, as the lens barrel
expand when you turn on the camera. Then, what is the use of this ring
for?
How do you attach a polarizing filter, for example on the G7?
Thanks for info.

Canon makes a adapter tube. It screws into the ring on the camera and
allows you to mount accessory lenses and filters. One place to buy them is
eBay.
--

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/

Old May 13th 07, 04:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
eddie rukidding

On Sat, 12 May 2007 14:42:06 -0700, "Mike Russell"
-MOVE wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
For those who owns the G7, could you tell me whether the a filter
screen can be attached to the front of the camera? I notice that there
is a screw-in ring that attached to the front of the camera body.
However, one cannot screw in a filter screen, as the lens barrel
expand when you turn on the camera. Then, what is the use of this ring
for?
How do you attach a polarizing filter, for example on the G7?
Thanks for info.

Canon makes a adapter tube. It screws into the ring on the camera and
allows you to mount accessory lenses and filters. One place to buy them is
eBay.

I have this adapter (LA-DSC58H) that I bought so that I could use
filters with the camera (nuetral densities and polarizers).

The tube doesn't actually screw into the camera body (more of a push
in and twist arrangement). Its made out of a plastic material so I
would suggest getting a metal filter adapter (58mm) that you can screw
into the tube and then screw filters into that. I don't know how well
the plastic will hold up to screwing filters in and out over time.

It works fine on my G7.
Old May 16th 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
monopix

Dave Cohen wrote:
So please kill file me

Consider it done.

Old May 16th 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Richard Polhill

monopix wrote:
Dave Cohen wrote:
So please kill file me

Consider it done.

But obviously it wasn't as you'd not be able to reply.
Old May 16th 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
monopix

Richard Polhill wrote without his brain in gear:

Consider it done.

But obviously it wasn't as you'd not be able to reply.

But I had to read it before I knew he wanted me to kill file him. Adding
someone to your kill file doesn't delete already received messages either so
I was still able to reply even after I had done it, which I had - and now
I've added you as well. Isn't that nice?

Old May 17th 07, 08:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Richard Polhill

monopix wrote:
Richard Polhill wrote without his brain in gear:
Consider it done.

But obviously it wasn't as you'd not be able to reply.

But I had to read it before I knew he wanted me to kill file him. Adding
someone to your kill file doesn't delete already received messages either so
I was still able to reply even after I had done it, which I had - and now
I've added you as well. Isn't that nice?

Your newsgroups must be very quiet these days.

Do you just killfile everybody?