(August, 8th) Picture of the Week

Old August 7th 06, 09:46 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Daniel Rocha

Default (August, 8th) Picture of the Week

Hello,

This time the picture of the week it's a picture
of an advert in the parisian subway.

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

Old August 7th 06, 12:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Daniel Rocha wrote:
Hello,

This time the picture of the week it's a picture
of an advert in the parisian subway.

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

Cest tres vrai! Jeune filles sent devenir malade at mourir pour
"beaute".
Genial sens avec ceci pic!
Tres bien Daniel!
Helen

Old August 7th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Daniel Rocha wrote:
Hello,

This time the picture of the week it's a picture
of an advert in the parisian subway.

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

One can only wonder what excitement awaits us next week.
Perhaps a photo of a magazine ad?

Old August 7th 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Scott W

Daniel Rocha wrote:
Hello,

This time the picture of the week it's a picture
of an advert in the parisian subway.

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Regards,

Where as it is an interesting photo it is not really your photo is it?

Let's see more work by Daniel and less from others.

Scott

Old August 7th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Draco

Daniel Rocha wrote:
Hello,

This time the picture of the week it's a picture
of an advert in the parisian subway.

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

I have to agree with Bret and Scott,
Nice copy of someones elses work.

Let's see something like it only done
by Daniel Rocha. You are to talented
to be copying adverts in the subway.

Maybe if you had a old woman in
front of the poster... juxtapositioning
the ideal with reality.

Try again Daniel. Even though the contrast
was dead on. The photo wasn' t.

Draco

Getting even isn't good enough.

Old August 7th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Daniel Rocha

wrote:
http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/
Cest tres vrai! Jeune filles sent devenir malade at mourir pour
"beaute".
Genial sens avec ceci pic!
Tres bien Daniel!
Helen

Oui c'est l'idée que je voulais montrer.
Yes, it's the idea that I wants to show !

Thanks Helen

--
Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

Old August 8th 06, 09:05 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Daniel Rocha

Scott W wrote:
http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Where as it is an interesting photo it is not really your photo is it?

It's a debate...
I have wanted to show an idea. It's why I have framed so close

Old August 8th 06, 09:07 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Daniel Rocha

Draco wrote:
http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

(...)
Try again Daniel. Even though the contrast
was dead on. The photo wasn' t.

I thought that the idea shown with the sticker
is good to take, on a picture.

Thanks Draco. Rendez vous next week

--
Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

Old August 8th 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
no_name

Draco wrote:
Daniel Rocha wrote:

Hello,

This time the picture of the week it's a picture
of an advert in the parisian subway.

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

I have to agree with Bret and Scott,
Nice copy of someones elses work.

Let's see something like it only done
by Daniel Rocha. You are to talented
to be copying adverts in the subway.

Actually, it's an old, old art STUDENT exercise, copying a master's work.

And it's a lot more work than you might think. In photography you've got
to really see the image, the lights, the camera angle, the lens (wide,
tele ???), the props ... and then you've got to duplicate all the variables.

What you learn from that is how to put those variables together in your
own work.

Just had a similar assignment in school, find an advertisement photo and
duplicate it; not copy it, duplicate it - set it up, set up the lights,
get the camera angle ... duplicate the shot. It ain't easy.

I finally ended up contacting the advertiser and they put me on to the
agency that created the ad. Turns out the major prop I needed didn't
exist, they Photoshoped it in. I'm not allowed to do that for school, so
I had to make the prop by hand.

Looking at Daniel's image, it looks like it's a photograph of a poster
that's been defaced with a sticker of some kind. What does "DEVIENS
COMME ELLE" translate into English? In any case that makes a photograph
of the defaced poster a new work.
Old August 8th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

no_name wrote:
Draco wrote:
Daniel Rocha wrote:

[...]

"Deviens Comme Elle" means "become like her". I believe Daniel was
trying to show how young girls and women are trying to become like this
model. IMHO I thought it meant that young girls are literally making
themselves sick to become like her. Some have gone so far that they
even die from some eating disorder. We should be looking for beauty
from within a person instead of out---this my humble opinion. This is
what I get from Daniel's work.
Helen