About to buy, so need comparisons/recommendations/experiences - Canon SD300, A95, S60, Sony DSC P200

Old April 28th 05, 08:44 AM
R.

Default About to buy, so need comparisons/recommendations/experiences - Canon SD300, A95, S60, Sony DSC P200

My budget is about $600Cdn, and I want a small-medium size non-SLR. Based on
specs and reviews I've narrowed it down to 4 choices that seem to break into
2 comparable pairs :

Compact = Canon A95 & S60
Pocket = Canon SD3000 & Sony DSC P200

Anyone have any comments or experiences to share? Each camera is different
from the others - makes it a hard choice. For me, smaller is better so it's
always around, but I still want power and quality shots.

TIA - R.

Old April 28th 05, 11:50 AM
Helmut Jarausch

R. wrote:
My budget is about $600Cdn, and I want a small-medium size non-SLR. Based on
specs and reviews I've narrowed it down to 4 choices that seem to break into
2 comparable pairs :

Compact = Canon A95 & S60
Pocket = Canon SD3000 & Sony DSC P200

I've just bought a CASIO exilim P700 and I'm quite enthusiastic about it.
Have a look at http://exilim.casio.com/
I've seen it for less than 400 US $ or 320 Euros in Europe

Helmut Jarausch
Aachen, Germany
Old April 28th 05, 03:38 PM
Ron Hunter

R. wrote:
My budget is about $600Cdn, and I want a small-medium size non-SLR. Based on
specs and reviews I've narrowed it down to 4 choices that seem to break into
2 comparable pairs :

Compact = Canon A95 & S60
Pocket = Canon SD3000 & Sony DSC P200

Anyone have any comments or experiences to share? Each camera is different
from the others - makes it a hard choice. For me, smaller is better so it's
always around, but I still want power and quality shots.

TIA - R.

I have never used one, but the Canon A95 seems to have a lot of support
here as a good performer.
Even better, you should be able to find it for a discounted price since
it is part of the 'old line'.

--
Ron Hunter
Old April 28th 05, 03:43 PM
Charles Kerekes

R,

I have been using the Canon S35, the older brother of the S60, and have
been extremely happy with it. I bought it for its small size and
pocketability (is that a word?). It takes wonderful pictures and has a
good number of manual controls for those so inclined.

Here are some Hawaii photos I took with the S35, if interested:
http://kerekesphotos.com/kp-gallery-public.shtml

Charlie

Got digital photos? Show them off!
http://FlyingSamPhoto.com