Leica MF S-System [37.5 Mpix]

Old September 28th 12, 01:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Me

Default Leica MF S-System [37.5 Mpix]

On 2012-09-26, Bruce wrote:
RichA wrote:
On Sep 23, 12:50 am, Me wrote:
Regardless of other qualities, it's not comparable to a modern "pro"
dslr body.
The feature set is comparable to an 8 year old Canon 20d, just larger
format, higher res, and faster sync speed.

Not the image quality though.

Nor the feature set. The Leica S2 was almost minimalist in terms of
its feature set, and that was one of its strongest selling points.

Most working photographers want little or nothing to do with the
comprehensive feature sets so beloved of amateur enthusiasts. The
vast majority of those features just get in the way.

Here Here!

I still haven't found digital replacements for the "proper" 35mm
'compacts'
such as the Rollei 35 and Minox 35 and suchlike.

Sony has just released its RX1 model which has the same full frame
24 MP sensor as the Sony A99 and Nikon D600. It has a fixed Carl
Zeiss 35mm f/2 lens. So it's about the nearest thing in digital
compacts to the 1970s/80s rangefinder cameras like the Canon GIII and
Yashica Electro 35 GT/GS.

http://tinyurl.com/8qjjdfl

Only problem is the price: $2800.

I suspect the latest
Leica M digital camera may be worthy of consideration as a true digital
equivalent to my beloved M3 and M6 - almost.

I have been using the M9/M9-P for over a year and am happy. I started
with an M9 then found a used M9-P at a good price, so I bought it and
sold the M9. However, the CCD sensor has its limitations. These seem
to have been fully addressed in the new Leica M, but I will wait for
comprehensive tests before I buy one.

Who manufactures the sensor? suspect Sony who make the D800 sensor.

Not Sony.
http://www.cmosis.com/

Old September 28th 12, 01:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Me

On 28/09/2012 12:06 p.m., Bruce wrote:

It is unique in that the
microlenses over the photoreceptors on the sensor have a particularly
wide angle of acceptance.

Yeah? blah bah Leica blah blah.
Blah blah Nikon blah blah:
http://imaging.nikon.com/history/scenes/24/index.htm
Blah blah Canon Blah blah:
http://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/...microlenses.do
Blah blah - talk is cheap - especially when it's about something that's
not easy for the customer to measure, and that customer has been
"tenderised for consumption" long beforehand - so will probably just see
what he wants to see.

Old September 28th 12, 08:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Whiskers

On 2012-09-27, Whiskers wrote:

[...]

Camera" is interesting, but the sensors are small, and there's no RAW mode,
and the manual controls are limited. Something in between would be very
interesting.

I don't know where that Ctrl-L came from, but here is that bit again
without it in case it upset anyone's software. Sorry!

--
-- Whiskers