Canon SX10 IS shipping yet?

Old October 7th 08, 01:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Xxxxx

Default Canon SX10 IS shipping yet?

I see that it's generally available for pre-order, but none of the stores
I've called have it yet, nor do they know when they will have it. Has Canon
begun shipping them yet?

--
nadie

Old October 7th 08, 02:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
dwight[_2_]

"Xxxxx" wrote in message
I see that it's generally available for pre-order, but none of the stores
I've called have it yet, nor do they know when they will have it. Has
Canon begun shipping them yet?

--
nadie

According to Canon's own press release:

"Availability and Pricing
Scheduled to be available in late October, the Canon PowerShot SX10 IS
digital camera will have an estimated selling price of $399.99*. Kit
contents will include four AA Alkaline batteries, a USB interface cable, an
AV cable, a neck strap, lens cap, lens hood, Canon's software suite and a
1-year Canon U.S.A., Inc. limited warranty."

http://www.usa.canon.com/templatedat...17_sx10is.html

I take "late October" to mean sometime after the 15th.

dwight

Old October 7th 08, 04:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Xxxxx

Thanks. The last time I'd checked Canon's site, it said "October" without
the "late" bit thrown in. It hadn't occurred to me that they might modify
it. Who the hell do they think they are... Microsoft???

--
nadie

Old October 11th 08, 11:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Stephen Henning

In article ,
"Xxxxx" wrote:

I see that it's generally available for pre-order, but none of the stores
I've called have it yet, nor do they know when they will have it. Has Canon
begun shipping them yet?

I bought my SX10IS at Best Buy, over the counter. They matched the best
mail order price and there was no shipping.

It is a great camera. I am just getting used to it. I am converting
from a Minolta Z5. The Canon address all the shortcomings of the Z5.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA -
Old October 15th 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Xxxxx

I was all set to buy the SX10 IS... but I just read about the SX1 IS. sigh
Guess I'll wait.

--
nadie
"Stephen Henning" wrote in message
news

Old October 15th 08, 11:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks[_2_]

"Xxxxx" wrote:

I see that it's generally available for pre-order, but none of the
stores
I've called have it yet, nor do they know when they will have it. Has
Canon
begun shipping them yet?

I bought my SX10IS at Best Buy, over the counter. They matched the best
mail order price and there was no shipping.

It is a great camera. I am just getting used to it. I am converting
from a Minolta Z5. The Canon address all the shortcomings of the Z5.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA -
http://rhodyman.net

I heard the SX1 won't be available in North America, only Europe and Asia.
Has that been changed?

Dudley

Old October 16th 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Xxxxx

What I heard was "not yet" for North America--maybe in December. But, if I
can't get one in the U.S., then I'll get one in Europe.

--
nadie

Old October 16th 08, 02:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks[_2_]

"Xxxxx" wrote in message
What I heard was "not yet" for North America--maybe in December. But, if I
can't get one in the U.S., then I'll get one in Europe.

--
nadie

Yeah, from what I've read, it's worth the freight...

Dudley

Old October 16th 08, 04:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Xxxxx

I mean... I'll buy one when I'm in Europe in March. I wonder if it'd be a
better deal in Paris or Prague (assuming I can find it in either place). If
I don't buy a lot of other crap, the duties won't be bad.

Old October 16th 08, 05:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks[_2_]

"Xxxxx" wrote in message
What I heard was "not yet" for North America--maybe in December. But, if
I can't get one in the U.S., then I'll get one in Europe.

--
nadie

Yeah, from what I've read, it's worth the freight...

Dudley

The only problem with buying in Europe, regardless whether in person or via
freight, is possible warranty problems. It's my understanding that cameras
purchased overseas will not qualify for local warranty if problems arise.

But, with those features, I'm almost willing to take a chance.

Dudley