Any thoughts/comparisons on Canon SX1 and SX10

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 28th 09, 04:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Nick

Default Any thoughts/comparisons on Canon SX1 and SX10

I want to buy a new camera.
Don't want and can't justify the purchase of a DSLR, also don't want a p&s
but I do require something that is easily portable.
A good zoom range would be useful, good macro facilities a neccessity.
The 2 Canons above seem to fit my requirements.
The SX1 has the 'advantage' of a CMOS sensor.
I have read a lot on this ng and also many reviews but still don't know what
camera to go for.
Any thoughts on these or suggestions for alternatives would be much
appreciated.
You blokes know your stuff and generally fair advice is given on this ng.
Usage will be mainly work related stuff for archives and family snaps.
The ability to take short videos a bonus. Storage media doesn't matter too
much.

I have not bought a camera in 10 years so am not really up to speed with new
developments.
Many thanks