Sepia Print on HP 6840

Old December 16th 07, 08:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jon Nadelberg

Default Sepia Print on HP 6840

I'm trying to get a sepia toned image to print on an HP6840 printer, and
I can't seem to make it work.

It keeps coming out as a B&W photo instead. I've tried different color
spaces, and having my application (photoshop) control the color, the
printer control the color, and none of it really does any good.

What is the combination I need to use to get the sepia tones on my image
that I see in photoshop to come out onto the paper? I must be missing
something very basic here....

I'm using the tri color cartridge and the photo color cartridge. Do I
need to use a different cartridge?

Any ideas?
Old December 16th 07, 05:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Furman

Jon Nadelberg wrote:
I'm trying to get a sepia toned image to print on an HP6840 printer, and
I can't seem to make it work.

It keeps coming out as a B&W photo instead. I've tried different color
spaces, and having my application (photoshop) control the color, the
printer control the color, and none of it really does any good.

What is the combination I need to use to get the sepia tones on my image
that I see in photoshop to come out onto the paper? I must be missing
something very basic here....

I'm using the tri color cartridge and the photo color cartridge. Do I
need to use a different cartridge?

Any ideas?

If you have the image as a duotone, I'm guessing converting back to RGB
color will help to not fool the printer driver.
Old December 16th 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jim

"Jon Nadelberg" wrote in message
I'm trying to get a sepia toned image to print on an HP6840 printer, and I
can't seem to make it work.

It keeps coming out as a B&W photo instead. I've tried different color
spaces, and having my application (photoshop) control the color, the
printer control the color, and none of it really does any good.

What is the combination I need to use to get the sepia tones on my image
that I see in photoshop to come out onto the paper? I must be missing
something very basic here....

I'm using the tri color cartridge and the photo color cartridge. Do I
need to use a different cartridge?

Any ideas?

Try the channel mixer in PS.
Jim

Old December 17th 07, 11:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jon Nadelberg

Jim wrote:
"Jon Nadelberg" wrote in message
I'm trying to get a sepia toned image to print on an HP6840 printer, and I
can't seem to make it work.

It keeps coming out as a B&W photo instead. I've tried different color
spaces, and having my application (photoshop) control the color, the
printer control the color, and none of it really does any good.

What is the combination I need to use to get the sepia tones on my image
that I see in photoshop to come out onto the paper? I must be missing
something very basic here....

I'm using the tri color cartridge and the photo color cartridge. Do I
need to use a different cartridge?

Any ideas?

Try the channel mixer in PS.
Jim

I'll look at that. It's already RGB. Turns out if I use the HP
Essentials software, and tell it to create a sepia print, then it comes
out as sepia. So it's possible, but so far only through the HP software.

Sepia Conrad Digital Photography 2 September 29th 06 04:45 AM
How do you do sepia in paint.NET? Chris Digital Photography 1 September 9th 06 02:52 AM
Sepia 101/lite? TommyC Digital Photography 0 August 20th 06 02:47 PM