TOTALLY TRIPPIN WITH THE D60!

Old December 5th 07, 04:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

Default TOTALLY TRIPPIN WITH THE D60!

We delve even deeper into the Artsy-Fartsy category with this infrared
shot.

Let this be a lesson for you kids out there...
One should never do drugs while driving or shooting with the Totally
Digital D60!

Old December 5th 07, 05:19 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

shot.http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/89911233/original

Let this be a lesson for you kids out there...
One should never do drugs while driving or shooting with the Totally
Digital D60!

Hey, don't make fun.......I really love this one! It's moody,
mysterious and downright brooding. I love these slow shutter speeds
and the artist's work with light. A very emotional and imaginative
pic. I see so much in this pic! That proves it, you're going to have
to buy a scarf and a beret you artist you! LOL!
Helen
Old December 5th 07, 05:29 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Dec 4, 11:19 pm, wrote:
On Dec 4, 10:49 pm, Annika1980 wrote:

We delve even deeper into the Artsy-Fartsy category with this infrared
shot.http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/89911233/original

Let this be a lesson for you kids out there...
One should never do drugs while driving or shooting with the Totally
Digital D60!

Hey, don't make fun.......I really love this one! It's moody,
mysterious and downright brooding. I love these slow shutter speeds
and the artist's work with light. A very emotional and imaginative
pic. I see so much in this pic! That proves it, you're going to have
to buy a scarf and a beret you artist you! LOL!
Helen

And yes, I know I will be flogged for my critique/opinion of this one,
but hey, at least I'm honest.
Old December 5th 07, 06:08 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Scott W wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
We delve even deeper into the Artsy-Fartsy category with this infrared
shot.

Let this be a lesson for you kids out there...
One should never do drugs while driving or shooting with the Totally
Digital D60!

You will have to wait for my comments on this one, I need one more drink
and then I will see how it looks..maybe two more drinks.

Bad acid; Technicolor gone very wrong.

groups adjusted.

--
John McWilliams
Old December 5th 07, 06:29 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Scott W wrote:
John McWilliams wrote:
Scott W wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
We delve even deeper into the Artsy-Fartsy category with this infrared
shot.

Let this be a lesson for you kids out there...
One should never do drugs while driving or shooting with the Totally
Digital D60!

You will have to wait for my comments on this one, I need one more
drink and then I will see how it looks..maybe two more drinks.

Bad acid; Technicolor gone very wrong.

groups adjusted.

No, it might be a very good shot, but I really need at least one more
drink yet before I can tell.

Ok, the one more drink was not enough, I will try one more and let you
know.

Take your time, Scott! Long 'bout dawn odder duit. s

john
Old December 5th 07, 09:44 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Dec 5, 12:43 am, Scott W wrote:
John McWilliams wrote:
Scott W wrote:
John McWilliams wrote:
Scott W wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
We delve even deeper into the Artsy-Fartsy category with this infrared
shot.

Let this be a lesson for you kids out there...
One should never do drugs while driving or shooting with the Totally
Digital D60!

You will have to wait for my comments on this one, I need one more
drink and then I will see how it looks..maybe two more drinks.

Bad acid; Technicolor gone very wrong.

groups adjusted.

No, it might be a very good shot, but I really need at least one more
drink yet before I can tell.

Ok, the one more drink was not enough, I will try one more and let you
know.

Take your time, Scott! Long 'bout dawn odder duit. s

Well it is not for lack of trying, but I don't think I have enough booze
in the house to make that photo look good.

I will get back to you in an hour to two.

Scott

You have to look at it artistically, not technically. It reminds me
of charcoal drawings I did in college. Abstracts have a way to make
people look into the depth of the art.
Old December 5th 07, 11:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
ReailtyBytes

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 00:44:59 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Dec 5, 12:43 am, Scott W wrote:
John McWilliams wrote:
Scott W wrote:
John McWilliams wrote:
Scott W wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
[...]

Holy ****. Self admission of zero talent from two at once.

Why I even bothered I don't know. The only thing "Totally Trippin'" here is
anyone that would have bothered to waste their time taking this image, viewing,
or commenting on it. What a useless pack of trolls.

This clinches it. Kill-filters all around for anyone who partakes in this
thread, starting with the originator.

Okay, done.

Enjoy your delusions in any of you thinking that you know anything about art or
photography.

It doesn't get more self-evident than this one,. The only ones that don't notice
are this little delusional mutual admiration society.

Old December 5th 07, 12:49 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

On Dec 4, 11:29 pm, wrote:

And yes, I know I will be flogged for my critique/opinion of this one,
but hey, at least I'm honest.

I appreciate that. I actually like this one a lot myself .... even
though the color seems a bit off.

Old December 5th 07, 12:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Noons

On Dec 5, 3:29 pm, wrote:

And yes, I know I will be flogged for my critique/opinion of this one,
but hey, at least I'm honest.

Why? It's a real photo, it's quite original, it's not
falsely presented as some unique attribute of a
particular piece of hardware, the technique used is
clearly pointed out and explained and you liked it
for whatever reasons.

Nothing wrong with the above. It's crossposted,
yes. But it is also on-topic.

Not my cuppa, but that's beside the point.
Or rather: I need a cuppa to appreciate it....
Old December 5th 07, 01:07 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Dec 5, 12:43 am, Scott W wrote:
John McWilliams wrote:
Scott W wrote:
John McWilliams wrote:
Scott W wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
[...]

Lighten up man!!

Abstract art
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Cite This Source

Abstract art is now generally understood to mean art that does not
depict objects in the natural world, but instead uses color and form
in a non-representational way. In the very early 20th century, the
term was more often used to describe art, such as Cubist and Futurist
art, that depicts real forms in a simplified or rather reduced way--
keeping only an allusion of the original natural subject. Such
paintings were often claimed to capture something of the depicted
objects' immutable intrinsic qualities rather than its external
appearance. The more precise terms, "non-figurative art," "non-
objective art," and "non-representational art" avoid any possible
ambiguity.

Abstract art
Crystal Reference Encyclopedia - Cite This Source

A form of art in which there is no attempt to represent objects or
persons, but which relies instead on lines, colours, and shapes alone
for its aesthetic appeal. It seems to have emerged c.1910, and was
partly a reaction against 19th-c Realism and Impressionism. Early
abstract artists include Kandinsky, Miró, Pevsner, and Brancusi.
Stylistically, abstract art ranges from the 'geometrical' (Mondrian,
De Stijl, Constructivism) to the 'organic' (Arp, Moore).

I've seen plenty of Abstract art in photography and this is one of
them.