Canon Pixma IP6210D Printer - Hep Kindly Requested Over Hyar

Old May 20th 07, 02:00 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital,alt.appalachian
Guv Bob

Default Canon Pixma IP6210D Printer - Hep Kindly Requested Over Hyar

Welp! I dew like this hyar'n... BUTT... I have refilled the black catridge
and hit still don't print black. I done it a few time befour .... and it
worked ... BUTT .... this time I don't. Done the deeeeep cleaning thang a
few times .... BUTT ...

Now cain't some bidy hep this pore man??

Thank yew kind innernet loiterers.

Guv Bob

PS - I kin spend up to $4.99.

Old May 20th 07, 02:31 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital,alt.appalachian
David Hale

Guv Bob wrote:
Welp! I dew like this hyar'n... BUTT... I have refilled the black catridge
and hit still don't print black. I done it a few time befour .... and it
worked ... BUTT .... this time I don't. Done the deeeeep cleaning thang a
few times .... BUTT ...

Now cain't some bidy hep this pore man??

Thank yew kind innernet loiterers.

Guv Bob

PS - I kin spend up to $4.99.

From what I can see the print cartridge for this model is just an ink
container with the print electronics being attached to the frame the
cartridge mounts into. Epson printers are similar.

You have the print cartridge in hand so you can determine this. If the
electronics and print head are on the cartridge itself, then a new one
should do the trick.

If you allow the printer to set for even a brief period after the ink is
exhausted the ink dries in the print head and replacing the "container"
with new ink or inking the old one doesn't dislodge it.

A canon service center probably has the means to solve the problem but
the repair bill probably would exceed the price of a new printer.

David Hale

Old May 20th 07, 03:49 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital,alt.appalachian
Guv Bob

Looks to me like the print head is part of the cartridge. They ain't no
other thang between the cartridge and the paper.

Just now I drilled out all 3 holes in both CL-51 and CL-52 cartridges and
filled all the compartments up with black ink. I know, I know... but I'm
getting ready to throw the printer out so what the heck (sorry ladies).

Now when go to print, I git a messige saying that neither cartridge can be
recognized and the dang thang won't even print now.

What the heck far is a going on hyar??

Guv Bob

David Hale wrote in message
Guv Bob wrote:
Welp! I dew like this hyar'n... BUTT... I have refilled the black

catridge
and hit still don't print black. I done it a few time befour .... and

it
worked ... BUTT .... this time I don't. Done the deeeeep cleaning

thang a
few times .... BUTT ...

Now cain't some bidy hep this pore man??

Thank yew kind innernet loiterers.

Guv Bob

PS - I kin spend up to $4.99.

From what I can see the print cartridge for this model is just an ink
container with the print electronics being attached to the frame the
cartridge mounts into. Epson printers are similar.

You have the print cartridge in hand so you can determine this. If the
electronics and print head are on the cartridge itself, then a new one
should do the trick.

If you allow the printer to set for even a brief period after the ink is
exhausted the ink dries in the print head and replacing the "container"
with new ink or inking the old one doesn't dislodge it.

A canon service center probably has the means to solve the problem but
the repair bill probably would exceed the price of a new printer.

David Hale

News==----

Newsgroups

=----

Old May 20th 07, 04:03 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital,alt.appalachian
David Hale

Guv Bob wrote:
Looks to me like the print head is part of the cartridge. They ain't no
other thang between the cartridge and the paper.

That being the case you should be able to remedy the problem by
replacing all of the ink cartridges.

David Hale

David Hale wrote in message
Guv Bob wrote:
Welp! I dew like this hyar'n... BUTT... I have refilled the black

catridge
and hit still don't print black. I done it a few time befour .... and

it
worked ... BUTT .... this time I don't. Done the deeeeep cleaning

thang a
few times .... BUTT ...

Now cain't some bidy hep this pore man??

Thank yew kind innernet loiterers.

Guv Bob

PS - I kin spend up to $4.99.

From what I can see the print cartridge for this model is just an ink

Old May 20th 07, 06:23 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital,alt.appalachian
Guv Bob

Thanks, will keep an eye open for the 1/2-price sale. At the El Cheapo
super bargain basement big box and cheap gas stores they are $25 and $30 =
$55+tax.....

So.... I jest hot footed it down to one of them and bought me a differnt
printer complete with ink cartridges - Canon MP160 on sale far $39.95. Will
let you know if it is worth a diddly dadburn.

Thanks for all the help David!

Yores trew lee and sign it.

David Hale wrote in messag

David Hale wrote in message
Guv Bob wrote:
Welp! I dew like this hyar'n... BUTT... I have refilled the black

catridge
and hit still don't print black. I done it a few time befour .... and

it
worked ... BUTT .... this time I don't. Done the deeeeep cleaning

thang a
few times .... BUTT ...

Now cain't some bidy hep this pore man??

Thank yew kind innernet loiterers.

Guv Bob

PS - I kin spend up to $4.99.

From what I can see the print cartridge for this model is just an ink
container with the print electronics being attached to the frame the
cartridge mounts into. Epson printers are similar.

You have the print cartridge in hand so you can determine this. If the
electronics and print head are on the cartridge itself, then a new one
should do the trick.

If you allow the printer to set for even a brief period after the ink

is
exhausted the ink dries in the print head and replacing the "container"
with new ink or inking the old one doesn't dislodge it.

A canon service center probably has the means to solve the problem but
the repair bill probably would exceed the price of a new printer.

David Hale

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

120,000+
Newsgroups

=----

News==----

Newsgroups

=----

Old May 20th 07, 03:17 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital,alt.appalachian
Neil Ellwood

On Sun, 20 May 2007 05:23:14 +0000, Guv Bob wrote:

Thanks, will keep an eye open for the 1/2-price sale. At the El Cheapo
super bargain basement big box and cheap gas stores they are $25 and $30
= $55+tax.....

So.... I jest hot footed it down to one of them and bought me a differnt
printer complete with ink cartridges - Canon MP160 on sale far $39.95.
Will let you know if it is worth a diddly dadburn.

My wife has one - it is an all-in-one complete with scanner. She reckons
it does a good job on windows but neither my son nor I can get it working
with linux because of Canons lack of support.
--
Neil
reverse 'r' and'a' - delete 'l' for email
Old May 21st 07, 08:42 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital,alt.appalachian
Guv Bob

Yeah, I'm getting the feeling that Canon is headed to the has bin pile. I
liked the old Canons like the BJ-5100. Fast and sharp with this grate big
old ink reservoir to refill for practically zero bucks. Ran forever too hit
did and printed on 11x17.

Plus, their website is slow as shinola.

news

Old May 21st 07, 08:44 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital,alt.appalachian
Guv Bob

Dad burned website ain't worth a diddly... nothing connects.
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...fcategoryid=11
6&modelid=13368

Old May 21st 07, 10:42 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital,alt.appalachian
ASAAR

On Mon, 21 May 2007 07:44:22 GMT, Guv Bob wrote:

Dad burned website ain't worth a diddly... nothing connects.
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...fcategoryid=11
6&modelid=13368

It did for me, sort of. It's a page describing the PIXMA MP160
Photo All-In-One Printer (not the IP6210D unless its a different
designation for the same printer) with tabs for overview, features,
spec's, "what's in the box", supplies & accessories,
support/service, drivers and downloads. There was a browser message
showing a timeout while trying to load something, asking if I wanted
to continue loading whatever. I chose not to, and now just under
those tabs is a "Loading ..." message, and the Java code for
accessing the tab content doesn't work. Using a slow dialup
connection here, with lots of other simultaneous data transfer, so
perhaps that "loading" error shouldn't be unexpected. I just tried
reloading the web page and got past the error, and now the tabs are
working. Did you use a complete, unbroken URL? Here it is again,
but in one piece :

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...odeli d=13368