dpreview attacks Canon! CHOKE!!!!

Old February 22nd 07, 04:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

Default dpreview attacks Canon! CHOKE!!!!

It's like a dog attacking its master!!!! Here they are, kissing
Canon's ass at every turn, reviewing every P.O.S. P&S that comes down
the pipe, and THIS is how Canon treats them!

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0702/07...s1dmarkiii.asp

Pre-PMA 2007: Canon has today announced the latest generation of their
EOS-1D series. The Mark III has a ten megapixel APS-H (1.3x FOV crop)
CMOS sensor and can shoot at ten frames per second. It features the
updated DIGIC III image processor, a new 19 area Auto Focus system, up
to ISO 6400 and a 3.0" LCD monitor. As has become 'the norm' with
Canon we had no information on this product before announcement, so no
preview or analysis. I'm sure many were expecting an EOS 30D update,
well not yet.

Phil: As has become Canon's approach we had no information on this
camera before embargo, this lack of trust they show with their most
important (and reliable) publications only continues to damage their
image within the industry.

Old February 22nd 07, 05:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mark²

RichA wrote:
[...]

Canon has been amazingly effective at keeping their secrets...secret...and
keeping everyone guessing...sometimes right up until the minute of
release...like happened today. Many were close, but I've been following
this fairly closely, and speculation was STILL all over the place...even
today.

Maybe Canon should run the CIA...since they're apparently better at keeping
secrets than the Feds...

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old February 22nd 07, 05:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

ups.com...

Phil is such a ******!

Old February 22nd 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
DJB

Phil: As has become Canon's approach we had no information on this
camera before embargo, this lack of trust they show with their most
important (and reliable) publications only continues to damage their
image within the industry.

I read this and laughed out loud... a completely self serving comment
that has no relevance to the article or the preview. We should server
him up a nice platter of brie and camembert to go with that w(h)ine...

Old February 23rd 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Charles Schuler

"DJB" wrote in message
ups.com...
Phil: As has become Canon's approach we had no information on this
camera before embargo, this lack of trust they show with their most
important (and reliable) publications only continues to damage their
image within the industry.

I read this and laughed out loud... a completely self serving comment
that has no relevance to the article or the preview. We should server
him up a nice platter of brie and camembert to go with that w(h)ine...

"Phill" needs to chill.

Old February 23rd 07, 01:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
TJWilson

Two word RichA... "Industrial Espionage". Canon keep their cards just
as close to their chest as Nikon do for just that reason. Phil should
know that by now.

So... the first announcement for a new & improved model of a pro body,
very interesting. There can be no doubt that the entire top end of
the Canon line will be revised and soon. The bar has just been
raised, and I'd bet money that Nikon are not far behind.

Stay tuned sports fans!

Old February 23rd 07, 05:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mark²

TJWilson wrote:
Two word RichA... "Industrial Espionage". Canon keep their cards just
as close to their chest as Nikon do for just that reason. Phil should
know that by now.

So... the first announcement for a new & improved model of a pro body,
very interesting. There can be no doubt that the entire top end of
the Canon line will be revised and soon. The bar has just been
raised, and I'd bet money that Nikon are not far behind.

I'd bet money that Nikon has it'sr work cut out for them...big time.
The bar wasn't just raised...it was launched into space.
The new 1D is a huge step forward...when huge steps are becoming
increasingly difficult due to the much more mature state of DSLRs. Canon
made an astounding number of very significant improvements that are not only
un-gimmicky, but very powerful steps.

I hope Nikon can indeed keep up.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old February 23rd 07, 09:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Kari Hyvönen

RichA kirjoitti:
[...]

Dpreview have complained about this before, but Phil's comment is a bit
too much sour grapes. I believe this will "damage" mostly Dpreview.
Old February 23rd 07, 10:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
TJWilson

Agreed, dual image processors, 110 MB of image capture per second...
whoa! This is a major leap forward in photographic capabilities and
will have more than just a ripple effect thoughout the industry. It
would be fascinating to know if Nikon just got caught with their pants
around their ankles.

The MK III is beyond what I need from a camera, but I can't wait to
see what will become of the 5D in the next generation.

Old April 26th 07, 06:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Lunartic Fringe

Maybe they will "upgrade" to 5mp.

Pardon the spaceMonkey.