RichA could be hurting innocent people

Old October 17th 06, 05:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Toby

Default RichA could be hurting innocent people

RichA is hurting nobody but himslef, and he certainly is not innocent.

As the saying has it, "Wherever you go, there you are."

Toby

Old October 17th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Scott W wrote:

The good news is we have a lot of cold beer on hand and power to keep
it cold.

I like that: focus on the important stuff.

Cheers,
Alan

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old October 17th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Scott W

Alan Browne wrote:
Scott W wrote:

The good news is we have a lot of cold beer on hand and power to keep
it cold.

I like that: focus on the important stuff.

A lot of people are unprepared when disaster hits and run out of beer
with in a day or two. Ice is the biggest problem, whereas it is easy
to store enough beer to last a week keeping a week's worth of ice on
hand is much harder. I am thinking about getting a few CO2 fire
extinguishers, these can be use to cool down beer nicely.

People should really ask themselves "if disaster hit today would I
really have enough beer on hand?"

Scott

Old October 17th 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

Scott W wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
Scott W wrote:

The good news is we have a lot of cold beer on hand and power to keep
it cold.

I like that: focus on the important stuff.

A lot of people are unprepared when disaster hits and run out of beer
with in a day or two. Ice is the biggest problem, whereas it is easy
to store enough beer to last a week keeping a week's worth of ice on
hand is much harder. I am thinking about getting a few CO2 fire
extinguishers, these can be use to cool down beer nicely.

I have a week's emergency supplies of Guiness. No refrigeraration
necessary (although it does improve the taste, mostly by decreasing the
tastebud's sensitivity to it). Normally, of course, I never touch the
stuff: Belgian beer is the way to go.

Old October 17th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Scott W

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
wrote:

I have a week's emergency supplies of Guiness. No refrigeraration
necessary (although it does improve the taste, mostly by decreasing
the tastebud's sensitivity to it). Normally, of course, I never touch
the stuff: Belgian beer is the way to go.

Do people really drink Guinness? That stuff is downright nasty! If you
want real beer you need to try a pint or two of Resurrection made by
Brewer's Art.

http://www.belgianbeer.com/housebeer.html

If you were serious about keeping beer cold you would already have UPS and
generator backup.

A UPS I got but no generator and the UPS would not keep anything cold
for very long.

And the best beers in the world can be found here
http://www.konabrewingco.com

Scott

Old October 18th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

Tom Ross wrote:
On 16 Oct 2006 15:36:48 -0700, "RichA" wrote:

Tom Ross wrote:

From: "RichA"
Subject: Kodak screws Olympus! Oh my God!
Date: Saturday, October 14, 2006 8:57 PM

At least that's the rumour. The brand new Olympus E-400 is no more.
They made 2000 of them, Kodak, the CCD supplier F------ up somehow and
the E-400 got the shaft. Back to the drawing board for Olympus.
Supposedly, 3 new DSLRs and the E-3 are on the way.

RichA is just a rumour monger, he has no proof whats so ever. He has
started this same rumour on dpreview, again with zero facts to back his
claims.

And what have you people got up to this point? RUMOURS from
"websites." Which do you think is LIKELY to be more accurate, websites
or Olympus themselves? If you actually think I made this up, then that
is your prerogative to believe, but it isn't true. I specifically
asked Olympus at the show about the E-400 because I wanted one as a
second body for my E-1.
My only alternative is to jump brands.

For someone who spends a lot of time researching the strengths and
weaknesses of cameras he will never own, you really did a poor job of
researching one you want to buy.

According to www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/dslr_E-400.htm, "The E-400 is
available in Europe only."

You're in Canada, right? (And I thought Merkins were bad at
geography.)

TR

I know that. The first rumour (from someone on a "website" NOT
Olympus) I heard was that they could only produce a thousand bodies
and that was why it was only being marketed in Europe. According to
Olympus, it was never to have been brought to North America, the E-500
is considered their mainstay there.
P.S. NO one is as stupid when it comes to geography as Americans are.

Waitaminute. Didn't you say the source for your rumor was Olympus? And
didn't you just accuse someone of using 'RUMOURS from "websites."'
instead of accepting the Truth According to Rich ... which came from
Olympus?

Talk about stoopid....

TR

Can't you morons read? I didn't attribute the above to Olympus. As
soon as it was known that the E-400 would not be coming to North
America, the theories and rumours started. But that PRECEDED the show
I went to where I spoke with the Olympus people. The thousand body
only for Europe rumour I STATE above was not from Olympus. If you
CAN'T be bothered to READ the WHOLE thread, what is the POINT of
commenting?

Old October 18th 06, 01:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

Scott W wrote:

And the best beers in the world can be found here
http://www.konabrewingco.com

You really ought to come to Belgium when you get the chance...

Old October 18th 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
G.T.

"Scott W" wrote in message
oups.com...

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
wrote:

I have a week's emergency supplies of Guiness. No refrigeraration
necessary (although it does improve the taste, mostly by decreasing
the tastebud's sensitivity to it). Normally, of course, I never touch
the stuff: Belgian beer is the way to go.

Do people really drink Guinness? That stuff is downright nasty! If you
want real beer you need to try a pint or two of Resurrection made by
Brewer's Art.

http://www.belgianbeer.com/housebeer.html

If you were serious about keeping beer cold you would already have UPS and
generator backup.

A UPS I got but no generator and the UPS would not keep anything cold
for very long.

And the best beers in the world can be found here
http://www.konabrewingco.com

I sure would like to try their barley wine.

Greg

Old October 18th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
G.T.

"Rita Ä Berkowitz" ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote in message
Scott W wrote:

If you were serious about keeping beer cold you would already have
UPS and generator backup.

A UPS I got but no generator and the UPS would not keep anything cold
for very long.

You just need the right UPS for the job.

Yep, our UPS will keep our 150 newsroom computers and on-air devices running
for hours because that's how long it usually takes operations to get the
generators going. I'm sure it would power a refrigerator for quite some
time, you may need to dedicate a whole room of your house for it.

Greg

Old October 18th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Brion K. Lienhart

Scott W wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

Scott W wrote:

The good news is we have a lot of cold beer on hand and power to keep
it cold.

I like that: focus on the important stuff.

A lot of people are unprepared when disaster hits and run out of beer
with in a day or two. Ice is the biggest problem, whereas it is easy
to store enough beer to last a week keeping a week's worth of ice on
hand is much harder. I am thinking about getting a few CO2 fire
extinguishers, these can be use to cool down beer nicely.

You can't use those indoors to cool your beer. When I was in the Navy,
they were always telling us about guys who killed themselves trying to
cool their beer.