Canon 300d - Differences betwen US and Australian versions of

Old July 23rd 04, 02:43 PM
Graham and Beth Harden

Default Canon 300d - Differences betwen US and Australian versions of

Greetings,

I have the opportunity to buy a US version of the Canon 300d
Are there any differences between this and the Australian model besides the
transformer on the battery recharger?

Old July 23rd 04, 03:31 PM
dslr

In article , "Graham and Beth Harden" wrote:
Greetings,

I have the opportunity to buy a US version of the Canon 300d
Are there any differences between this and the Australian model besides the
transformer on the battery recharger?

Only the name (the US version is the Digital Rebel, the Japanese one is the
Digital Kiss and everywhere else it's the 300D), the warranty and, as you are
aware, the power aspect of the charger.
WRT the warranty, make sure that Canon Australia (or whatever region it's
called) will honour a warranty issued by Canon US. I believe that it works OK
in your direction but that Canon US won't entertain any other region's
warranty, however don't take my belief to be definite.

--
KRs
dslr

Old July 23rd 04, 04:01 PM
Your-nice

im in the uk and got a USA model from below, and they said it was the same
but with a uk plug on it and its fine. saved a lot too.

ukdigitalcameras.safeshopper.com

"Graham and Beth Harden" wrote in
message ...

Old July 23rd 04, 07:46 PM
Dave Herzstein

Graham and Beth Harden wrote:

Greetings,

I have the opportunity to buy a US version of the Canon 300d
Are there any differences between this and the Australian model besides the
transformer on the battery recharger?

The USA version uses a color matrix filter and the Australian version
uses a colour matrix filter. The battery charger operates on 110-240
volts, however the plug/cord will be different - you will be able to buy
a plug adapter or replacement cord.

-Dave

Old July 23rd 04, 11:45 PM
per

"Dave Herzstein" wrote in
Graham and Beth Harden wrote:

Greetings,

I have the opportunity to buy a US version of the Canon 300d
Are there any differences between this and the Australian model besides

the
transformer on the battery recharger?

The USA version uses a color matrix filter and the Australian version
uses a colour matrix filter. The battery charger operates on 110-240
volts, however the plug/cord will be different - you will be able to buy
a plug adapter or replacement cord.

-Dave

What about PAL/NTSC output to TV?
/per