Sometimes stupid loses

Old March 27th 11, 12:53 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tony Cooper

Default Sometimes stupid loses

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 15:50:04 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

On 2011-03-23 16:28:15 -0700, Bowser said:

That attempt by a moronic Florida politician to make it a felony to
photograph a farm, even from a public place, has failed and the
bill has been scaled back just a bit:

http://www.popphoto.com/news/2011/03...ny-scaled-back

So

the sheep, oranges and sugar plantations of Florida are open to
attack by the hordes of camera wielding terrorists lurking just
outside the fence. Perhaps readying themselves for a deadly drive-by
photo-op. (This is all Obama's fault!)

This particular item isn't his fault, perhaps because farmers are
beneath his level of concern. It is sort of refreshing to find
something in the country that Obama hasn't personally screwed up.

I am surprised, howevrer, tht he hasn't taxed it. Isn't that what Democrats
do? They live to tax the living hell out of everything that moves.....

You evidently don't understand that this is a Florida bill introduced
into the state legislature by a Republican in a Republican dominated
state.

The Republicans here in Florida do want to cut taxes...corporate
taxes, that is. They also want to cut fees...to large developers who
want to continue to over-build in a state with one of the highest
percentages of vacant homes and business sites.

We are a few billion short on the budget already, so to make up for
the corporate cuts and missed developer fees, we're preparing for more
cuts in schools, programs for handicapped, mental health clinics, and
children's protective services.

The taxes the Republican legislature is not cutting is the cap on
sales tax on yachts and private aircraft.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old March 27th 11, 02:19 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN

On 3/26/2011 8:30 PM, John A. wrote:
On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 18:25:36 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 3/26/2011 5:53 PM, Neil Harrington wrote:
On 2011-03-23 16:28:15 -0700, said:

That attempt by a moronic Florida politician to make it a felony to
photograph a farm, even from a public place, has failed and the bill
has
been scaled back just a bit:

http://www.popphoto.com/news/2011/03...ny-scaled-back

So

the sheep, oranges and sugar plantations of Florida are open to attack
by
the hordes of camera wielding terrorists lurking just outside the fence.
Perhaps readying themselves for a deadly drive-by photo-op. (This is all
Obama's fault!)

This particular item isn't his fault, perhaps because farmers are beneath
his level of concern. It is sort of refreshing to find something in the
country that Obama hasn't personally screwed up.

So tell us. Exactly how has or President PERSONALLY, screwed up your life.

You mean apart from ObamaCare, his major and arguably only accomplishment so
far?

Are you talking about the medical system that prevents denial of coverage?
Are you talking about the medical system that will mitigate the choice
between eating and medications for some people?

BTW Since you don't like it, tell us precisely what it is that you don't
like. I assume you have read and digested the entire legislation.

Are you also aware that the system is almost identical to the system put
into place n Mass, by Mitt Romney, the famous Obama toady?

And, I'm given to understand, very very similar to the proposal put
forth by republicans as an alternative to "Hillarycare".

I can't think of any conclusion can be drawn from the facts.
Can you?

--
Peter
Old March 27th 11, 02:29 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Neil Harrington[_6_]

On 2011-03-23 16:28:15 -0700, Bowser said:

That attempt by a moronic Florida politician to make it a felony to
photograph a farm, even from a public place, has failed and the bill
has
been scaled back just a bit:

http://www.popphoto.com/news/2011/03...ny-scaled-back

So

the sheep, oranges and sugar plantations of Florida are open to attack
by
the hordes of camera wielding terrorists lurking just outside the fence.
Perhaps readying themselves for a deadly drive-by photo-op. (This is all
Obama's fault!)

This particular item isn't his fault, perhaps because farmers are beneath
his level of concern. It is sort of refreshing to find something in the
country that Obama hasn't personally screwed up.

Neil, I think you should check the calibration on your irony meter. It
doesn't seem to be working.

??? I got the "irony" all right, Duck. Did you not understand my reply?

Maybe it is just the notorious, sinister, atheistic photo-anarchist
based
in Orlando, these terror stricken members of the Florida GOP need to
concern themselves with.

How about those terror-stricken agents of Obama's Department of Homeland
Security who've been arresting photographers, confiscating their cameras,
etc., for photographing federal buildings from public sidewalks?

For example:

http://majikthise.typepad.com/majikt...-building.html

OK.

The building being photographed was the NY, FBI building. The current
Director of the FBI is one Robert Mueller, appointed by a certain George
W. Bush in 2001. The arresting officer was an FPS agent alerted after a
rent-a-cop yelled for help.

??? Feet per second? Frames per second? First-person shooter? Uh, Forest
Products Society? (I had to go to Google for that last one.)

http://www.examiner.com/photography-...ues-government

Well

since the FPS dates all the way back to Washington we better blame him for
this one. Though it was GWB who signed H.R 2764 giving the FPS its real
law enforcement authority in this instance. Obama has his share of the
blame when in 2009 he handed FPS to Homeland Security.

I'm still stumped by "FPS," sorry.

And here's the case of an ABC News reporter arrested just for
photographing
Democrats on a public sidewalk:

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/abc...ing_democrats/

Reading

that story, I would say it was both the Dem. Senators and the VIP donors
who did not want to be photographed together. I guess photographers are
going to have to be sneakier to get that evidence now.

Yes. More O'Keefes I suppose -- that will be the trend. Maybe a good thing,
too.

I don't think it's "the Florida GOP" you need to worry about.

Naah! The Florida GOP has never been a major concern of mine. I have other
stuff to concern me. I live in California.

chuckle Then yes, I guess you sure do have lots of other stuff to concern
you.

Old March 27th 11, 02:59 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Neil Harrington[_6_]

On 2011-03-23 16:28:15 -0700, said:

[...]

No, I'm talking about ObamaCare.

BTW Since you don't like it, tell us precisely what it is that you don't
like. I assume you have read and digested the entire legislation.

No one has, apparently. Certainly not the congresscritters who were
arm-twisted, bribed and stampeded into voting it into law. I don't think any
of them even CLAIMED to have read much of it, let alone all of it. Neither
did the voters, despite all Obama's promises about making proposed
legislation public before a vote.

Surely you remember Speaker Pelosi's most famous assertion, "We have to pass
it so you can see what's in it!" Now there's a quotation I'll bet will stick
in the public mind as long as, say, "I want to say one thing to the American
people. I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again. I did not
have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinski. . . ."

Are you also aware that the system is almost identical to the system put
into place n Mass, by Mitt Romney, the famous Obama toady?

So they say. Are YOU aware that that's undoubtedly the biggest hurdle Romney
has to get over as he tries to get the Republican nomination for president?
It's not something he ever points to as an accomplishment, is it? He avoids
like the plague any mention of it and clearly wishes no one else would ever
mention it either.

Old March 27th 11, 03:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tony Cooper

On 2011-03-23 16:28:15 -0700, said:

[...]

No one has, apparently.

So you feel a program that you don't know anything about is screwed
up.

Who tells you what to think when dealing with something you don't know
anything about? Rush or Glenn or Sean or Michael?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old March 27th 11, 03:27 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN

On 2011-03-23 16:28:15 -0700, said:

[...]

You haven't read the bill, so where did you get your information from?
Please explain how you can form an opinion about something you know
nothing about.

snip

Are you also aware that the system is almost identical to the system put
into place n Mass, by Mitt Romney, the famous Obama toady?

So they say. Are YOU aware that that's undoubtedly the biggest hurdle Romney
has to get over as he tries to get the Republican nomination for president?
It's not something he ever points to as an accomplishment, is it? He avoids
like the plague any mention of it and clearly wishes no one else would ever
mention it either.

You mean he has to pander to the wing nuts, to get elected.

--
Peter
Old March 27th 11, 03:40 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2011-03-23 16:28:15 -0700, Bowser said:

[...]

Yup!
However I always reserve the right to be snide. :-)

[...]

Federal Protective Service. Google has that as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal...(United_States)

http://www.examiner.com/photography-...ues-government

Well

since the FPS dates all the way back to Washington we better blame him for
this one. Though it was GWB who signed H.R 2764 giving the FPS its real
law enforcement authority in this instance. Obama has his share of the
blame when in 2009 he handed FPS to Homeland Security.

I'm still stumped by "FPS," sorry.

See above.

And here's the case of an ABC News reporter arrested just for
photographing
Democrats on a public sidewalk:

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/abc...ing_democrats/

Reading

that story, I would say it was both the Dem. Senators and the VIP donors
who did not want to be photographed together. I guess photographers are
going to have to be sneakier to get that evidence now.

Yes. More O'Keefes I suppose -- that will be the trend. Maybe a good thing,
too.

I don't think it's "the Florida GOP" you need to worry about.

Naah! The Florida GOP has never been a major concern of mine. I have other
stuff to concern me. I live in California.

chuckle Then yes, I guess you sure do have lots of other stuff to concern
you.

So you have heard then?

Savageduck

Old March 27th 11, 06:35 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
SneakyP[_3_]

Bowser wrote in
:

That attempt by a moronic Florida politician to make it a felony to
photograph a farm, even from a public place, has failed and the bill has
been scaled back just a bit:

http://www.popphoto.com/news/2011/03...e-photographin
g-farms-first-degree-felony-scaled-back

It's just as stupid as this:

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/states/florida.html

Whoever had that law in mind wanted to 'stop' covert evidence gathering in
cases like 'fraud' inside our government. Someone got too close to the truth
when they were taping and ready to 'blow the whistle' against some crooked
official. It's just typical politics in the good-ole-boy network state.

They don't want to get caught with their pants down.

--
__
SneakyP

Supernews, if you get a complaint from a Jamie Baillie, please see:
http://www.canadianisp.ca/jamie_baillie.html
Old March 27th 11, 07:03 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Neil Harrington[_6_]

On 2011-03-23 16:28:15 -0700, Bowser said:

[...]

Not on the first couple of pages, but I do find Flexible Payment Service,
Ford Performance Solutions, Family Pairwise Search, Fluid Power Society, and
there must be plenty more. Damn TLAs anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal...(United_States)

Thanks, I think it was mentioned in one of the articles at that.

[...]

I guess everyone has. Lots of states are in deep doo-doo, but California
seems to be in the biggest mess of all. Actually I think Schwarzenegger did
his best to repair it, but between the public service unions and the
politicians they own, he had an impossible job. Might as well let it just go
ahead and sink, now. That state may turn out to be the American Greece.
Interesting to watch, though -- from the other side of the country.

On 2011-03-23 16:28:15 -0700, said:

[...]

I know enough about it.

I know that a large majority of Americans were strongly against it when
Obama shoved it down our collective throats. And I know they remain strongly
against it, more so than ever according to polls. Perhaps you just don't
like the idea of a government run according to the wishes of the people.

I know that there were Democrat congresscritters against it too, but were
strong-armed into voting for it anyway. And I know many Democrats in
Congress now deeply regret supporting it because last November put them out
of that particular line of work.

I know that the attorneys general of at least half the states are suing the
federal government to stop the forced purchase parts of it (without which
Obama admits it cannot work) on constitutional grounds. And it certainly
does appear to be unconstitutional, requiring people to buy a particular
product. There must be a limit to how far the commerce clause can be
stretched by overreaching politicians, and this seems well beyond that
limit.

These are all important things to know about it.

Who tells you what to think when dealing with something you don't know
anything about? Rush or Glenn or Sean or Michael?

No one tells me what to think. But there are worthwhile sources of both
information and opinion whom you are apparently unaquainted with.