I hate environmentalists

Old April 10th 09, 09:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Rich[_6_]

Default I hate environmentalists

Martin Brown wrote in
:

Ray Fischer wrote:
Rich wrote:
These people are the kind who want nature reserved only for their
kind,

As opposed to you people who want the freedom to kill anything and
steal anything that isn't nailed down?

He is well known in other groups as a longstanding redneck troll and
wannbe member of "Fat Ugly Americans for a Dead Planet". He is
apparently a Canuk.

No, Americans see everything in black and white. So, if you hate
environmentalists, you must be for environmental exploitation. Personally?
I'd like to see every 4x4 off roader, powerboat driver, shot at close
range. There is a difference between hating leftwing reactionary enviro-
KOOKS and having disdain for nature. There endeth the lesson.

Old April 10th 09, 09:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Rich[_6_]

Jer wrote in
news
Rich wrote:
These people are the kind who want nature reserved only for their kind,
the hemp-sandal wearing KOOKS who like to protest G20 meetings. It
reminds me of the YUPPIE, latte-sipping urban envirokooks in California
who banned mountain bikes from wilderness areas for "degrading to the
environment" while they rode 1500lb horses all over the same place.

What's wrong with being reminded of the importance for being careful?

Reminded? Or strong-armed and excluded by hypocritical scum?
Old April 10th 09, 09:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Rich[_6_]

C J Campbell wrote in

On 2009-04-08 16:31:14 -0700, Rich said:

These people are the kind who want nature reserved only for their kind,
the hemp-sandal wearing KOOKS who like to protest G20 meetings.

Those guys are running things now. At the more extreme end, people like
Bill McKibben, author of "The End of Nature," are demanding a
moratorium on ALL wildlife photography.

Rachel Carson wrote "Silent Spring" about DDT's effects on bird eggs. So
they banned DDT. Result? 40 million Africans dead of malaria.
Environmentalists, the hardcore, are human-hating, anarchist vermin.
Old April 10th 09, 09:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Rich[_6_]

SMS wrote in news:XoxDl.4477$im1.2282
@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com:

Rich wrote:
These people are the kind who want nature reserved only for their kind,
the hemp-sandal wearing KOOKS who like to protest G20 meetings. It
reminds me of the YUPPIE, latte-sipping urban envirokooks in California
who banned mountain bikes from wilderness areas for "degrading to the
environment" while they rode 1500lb horses all over the same place.

While it's true that mountain bikes are much less damaging to the trails
and wildlife than horses (and often less damaging than hikers), I don't
see what that has to do with:

'The welfare of the subject is more important than your photography.'

Because like all envirokooks, they are hugely prone to doomsaying and over-
reaction. Photography is not going to cause the extinction or even
marginal decline of birds. There are plenty of worse things, like Third
World population explosions, power wind mills, etc. 2 years ago they
banned rock climbing on some bluffs near Niagara Falls because they said it
could harm lichen on the rocks. They had no proof, no data, they just
decided to ban it. Even though lichen and climbers had existed for at least
40 years..
Old April 10th 09, 02:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Rich wrote:
[...]

40 years? How about about 1 million years? Humans have some built-in
instinct to seek the highest place available. Why do you think humans
can actually breathe fro below sea level, and up to 17 or 18,000 feet
above? Did we evolve that high? Another small crack in the evolution
theory.
Old April 10th 09, 03:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
DRS

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message

Rich wrote:

[...]

Because like all envirokooks, they are hugely prone to doomsaying
and over- reaction. Photography is not going to cause the
extinction or even marginal decline of birds. There are plenty of
worse things, like Third World population explosions, power wind
mills, etc. 2 years ago they banned rock climbing on some bluffs
near Niagara Falls because they said it could harm lichen on the
rocks. They had no proof, no data, they just decided to ban it.

Even though lichen and climbers had existed for at least 40 years..

40 years? How about about 1 million years? Humans have some built-in
instinct to seek the highest place available. Why do you think humans
can actually breathe fro below sea level, and up to 17 or 18,000 feet
above? Did we evolve that high? Another small crack in the evolution
theory.

Oh dear, the wingnuts are out in force tonight.

Old April 10th 09, 03:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Jer

Father Guido Sarducci wrote:

news said:

Rich wrote:
These people are the kind who want nature reserved only for their
kind, the hemp-sandal wearing KOOKS who like to protest G20
meetings. It reminds me of the YUPPIE, latte-sipping urban
envirokooks in California who banned mountain bikes from wilderness
areas for "degrading to the environment" while they rode 1500lb
horses all over the same place.
What's wrong with being reminded of the importance for being careful?
Have you ever stepped on a bug?

Yup, just before I yanked the legs off and ate it.

And realizing his hypocrisy, he reverts to the absurd. Predictable.

When you've graduated from survival class, get back to me, assuming you
survived.

Besides, the exhaust from mountain bikes is quite different from that
of horses, and a horse fart disturbs the neighborhood a lot less.
And you know this.
Mountain bikes are not powered, genius.

Down here they are.

Your collective ignorance is not an excuse:

www.mountainbike.com

I've already explained it's just a difference of terminology, but you
seem to believe your terminology is more correct than mine. Sad. So,
tell me Don, this reference of yours is expected to make me sound
ignorant? I suspect the true purpose of it is to make yourself feel
superior. It's okay if you do, just don't make the mistake of expecting
me to give a ****. ****ing loon.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'
Old April 10th 09, 04:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 4/9/09 10:23 PM, in article ,
"John A." wrote:

On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 18:25:34 -0500, George Kerby
wrote:

On 4/8/09 11:34 PM, in article
,
"John A." wrote:

On 09 Apr 2009 02:33:22 GMT,
(Ray Fischer) wrote:

Rich wrote:
These people are the kind who want nature reserved only for their kind,

As opposed to you people who want the freedom to kill anything and
steal anything that isn't nailed down?

Folks like that remind me of little brothers. There's one cookie left
for them and their older brother. They want it all and their brother
wants to split it evenly. Their mom says split it evenly. So the
little brother screams and hollers that it's no fair their older
brother got he they wanted and they didn't.

"Their mom says split it evenly. So the little brother screams and hollers
that it's no fair their older brother got he they wanted and they didn't."

WTF are you trying to say here?

There's a typo the "he they" should be "what he". I originally
typed "what they" and when I meant to change "they" to "he" I
accidentally changed "what" to "he" instead.

But just in case that wasn't the confusing part for everyone...

The little brother wanted the whole thing.
The older brother wanted to share.
Mom said share.
The little brother claimed that wasn't fair because the older brother
got what he wanted and the little brother didn't.

Clearer? The point is that it's not unfair to have your selfishness
thwarted, even if it happens all the time.

OK. Thanks.

Old April 10th 09, 08:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

DRS wrote:
"Ron Hunter" wrote in message

Rich wrote:

[...]

[...]

OK, so YOU explain how evolution accounts for the ability of a species
that 'evolved' on the African plains can easily survive at high
altitudes, and in extreme cold. Go ahead, I'm waiting.