Is there a way to make Irfanview AUTOCROP when it's kind of easy?

Old November 24th 17, 04:11 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
Dan Jenkins

Default Is there a way to make Irfanview AUTOCROP when it's kind of easy?

Is there a way to make Irfanview AUTOCROP when it's a situation that isn't
too hard for an algorithm to figure out that there are black lines along
the outside of a set of photos?

Irfanview has a great batch facility on Windows, but the crop seems to be
manual.

Irfanview crops super easy, but usually, when I crop manually, I'm off by a
few pixels.

If not irfanview, what else free and simple might have a good manual or
batch autocrop?
Old November 25th 17, 07:52 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
Roscoe Cobham

On 24 Nov 2017 03:11, Dan Jenkins wrote:

Is there a way to make Irfanview AUTOCROP when it's a situation that isn't
too hard for an algorithm to figure out that there are black lines along
the outside of a set of photos?

Irfanview has a great batch facility on Windows, but the crop seems to be
manual.

Irfanview crops super easy, but usually, when I crop manually, I'm off by a
few pixels.

If not irfanview, what else free and simple might have a good manual or
batch autocrop?

IrfanView has auto crop and batch auto crop. For successful auto crop
there is a setting which needs to be adjusted.

Look here for auto crop: Edit | Auto crop borders (Ctrl+Shift+Y)

Look here for batch auto crop (follow all steps)
1: Go to: File | Batch conversion rename
2: Put a check-mark in "Use advanced options (for bulk resize...)"
3: Click the button "Advanced"
4: "Auto crop borders" is in the 2nd column, 2/3 of the way down.

For successful auto crop, adjust the setting "Tolerance value for auto
crop borders" at Options | Properties/Settings | Browsing/Editing.
A value of 64 works for me, but YMMV. The default is 0 which does not
crop everything.