How to start your own website?

Old June 19th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.technique.nature

Default How to start your own website?

Paul Furman wrote:

If you want to sell prints, I don't have good
advice for shopping carts, there are serious security issues and that
will cost money or include advertising which is annoying and
unprofessional.

There are some fairly simple to use scripts that use PayPal IPN. The
downside to it is that you can really only accept payment with PayPal.
I've been using LinkLok IPN for quite some time on my digital
scrapbooking site:
http://www.vibralogix.com/linklokipn/

--
Angela M. Cable
Paint Shop Pro 8, 9, X Private Beta Tester

PSP Tutorial Links:
http://www.psplinks.com/

5th Street Studio, free graphics, websets and mo
http://www.fortunecity.com/westwood/alaia/354/

Old June 19th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.technique.nature

railfan wrote
(in article
.com):

Randy Howard wrote:
The problem is it is now trivial to reverse engineer your Gmail
e-mail address. If you see a Google Pages site and want to
e-mail the author - just replace googlepages.com with gmail.com.
I was all set to tell my kids and my 85 year-old mother (all
Gmail users) that they could now post a web page or two super
easy, but Iım not going to. Iıve worked very hard to make sure
theyıre their addresses are not easy to find online and with one
click of the publish button Google will make their e-mail
addresses available to every stalker, sexual predator, phisher,
and spammer out there!

GMail accounts are free, so just get another one that you don't use for
the title page name. Let the spam fly to this unused address.

I have multiple gmail addresses for different clubs and groups I belong
to.

Hardly seems worth it.... ymmv.

--
Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)

Old June 19th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.technique.nature

Why the **** do you want to inflict the internet with your crappy
photos of waterfalls and sunsets????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey! The @$$h013 is back!

How's your head injury? Find any new scaffolding to get under lately?

Old June 20th 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.technique.nature

BD wrote:
Why the **** do you want to inflict the internet with your crappy
photos of waterfalls and sunsets????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey! The @$$h013 is back!

How's your head injury? Find any new scaffolding to get under lately?

Head is fine. No Jewish photos of sunsets.

Old June 21st 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.technique.nature

UC wrote:
Head is fine. No Jewish photos of sunsets.

Flames and bad comments are one thing but using a religion as an insult
takes things a little far.
Old June 22nd 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.technique.nature

Brendan Gillatt writes:

UC wrote:
Head is fine. No Jewish photos of sunsets.

Flames and bad comments are one thing but using a religion as an insult
takes things a little far.

Why do you draw the line at religion?

Old June 22nd 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.technique.nature

Mxsmanic wrote:
Brendan Gillatt writes:

UC wrote:
Head is fine. No Jewish photos of sunsets.

Flames and bad comments are one thing but using a religion as an insult
takes things a little far.

Why do you draw the line at religion?

I don't particularly draw the line - it's just quite a jump from 'you
photos are bad' to something some people can take very offensively.
There is also no need to mock the Jewish religion - it can't of actively
angered UC in any way.
Old June 22nd 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.technique.nature

Brendan Gillatt writes:

I don't particularly draw the line - it's just quite a jump from 'you
photos are bad' to something some people can take very offensively.
There is also no need to mock the Jewish religion - it can't of actively
angered UC in any way.

There's no need to mock the photographer, either. So why is religion
different?

Old June 22nd 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.technique.nature

ahh - so BD - you know of UC also - huh? I agree he is a ****head!

Old June 22nd 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.technique.nature

Mxsmanic wrote:
Brendan Gillatt writes:

I don't particularly draw the line - it's just quite a jump from 'you
photos are bad' to something some people can take very offensively.
There is also no need to mock the Jewish religion - it can't of actively
angered UC in any way.

There's no need to mock the photographer, either. So why is religion
different?

Don't worry about me - I had a week long flame war with UC a # of
months ago - he must of saw my post and tasted blood - he's a troll.

As for the religion thang, the one poster is right - why resort to
that. The reason UC did is I think he's of the Islam faith - I do not
that he hates Americans and that he was an angry voice when the danes
posted that cartoon.

He reminds me of WEREO in the music forums - an angry troll who claims
to have been a big SO-&-SO in the past but now he knows better -
seriously - UC used to be a pro shooter - and dropped it for some
reason. WEREO says he promoted the best concert of all time - a concert
I never heard of - both are delusional, angry trolls!

Jim