Monitor for photo editing on Macbook?

Old January 24th 16, 06:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default Monitor for photo editing on Macbook?

On 1/24/2016 11:30 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

All I can say is my 28' 4k is superb.

how big is the theater?

28" obviously.

--
PeterN
Old January 24th 16, 06:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 1/24/2016 11:30 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

For the OP the important things to consider are compatibility with his
MacBook Pro, and the logistics of placement on his workspace.

they're all compatible.

Another overstatement.

nope. it's exactly correct.

Tell that to the publisher of some software I use.

Read my comment on the Asus.

i did.

now why don't *you* read what the original request was.

Yeah! I know that's an edge case.

it's not even an edge case. it's *irrelevant* because he doesn't have a
mac pro. why even bring it up at all?

Because he is considering a new machine, and compatibility is always a
consideration.
..

--
PeterN
Old January 24th 16, 07:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

For the OP the important things to consider are compatibility with his
MacBook Pro, and the logistics of placement on his workspace.

they're all compatible.

Another overstatement.

nope. it's exactly correct.

Tell that to the publisher of some software I use.

i'd be glad to.

which software fails to work with which displays on which macs?

or are you bull****ting again? (no need to answer, it's obvious that
you have no idea what you're talking about).

Read my comment on the Asus.

i did.

now why don't *you* read what the original request was.

Yeah! I know that's an edge case.

it's not even an edge case. it's *irrelevant* because he doesn't have a
mac pro. why even bring it up at all?

Because he is considering a new machine, and compatibility is always a
consideration.

wrong on that too.

he wants a new *external* *display* for his macbook pro.

he did not say he wants a new mac.
Old January 24th 16, 07:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 1/24/2016 1:04 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

[...]

Do learn to read.

--
PeterN
Old January 24th 16, 07:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

now why don't *you* read what the original request was.

Yeah! I know that's an edge case.

it's not even an edge case. it's *irrelevant* because he doesn't have a
mac pro. why even bring it up at all?

Because he is considering a new machine, and compatibility is always a
consideration.

wrong on that too.

he wants a new *external* *display* for his macbook pro.

he did not say he wants a new mac.

Do learn to read.

take your own advice.

In article ,
newshound wrote:
OK I am fairly convinced by the Affinity Photo trial, but I think I need
a better monitor for my Macbook Pro (my current LG monitor on the PC is
showing its age). Obviously, Apple will be happy to sell me something
(at a price), but any suggestions for good products somewhere between
budget and Apple prices? Any good review sites?

what part of

but I think I need
a better monitor for my Macbook Pro (my current LG monitor on the PC is
showing its age).

is not clear?
Old January 24th 16, 10:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 11:48:00 -0500, Davoud wrote:

MC:
A 24" monitor seems to be the sweet spot for 1920x1080 when it comes to
computer use. Anything larger I would be inclined to go 1440p or even
4k.

The 27" 5K iMac Retina is fabulous for both Photoshop and Final Cut Pro
X. Bright, sharp, excellent color.

"Excellent color"? Are it's colors and different from any other good
monitor? I thought these things were color managed.

Eric Stevens
Old January 24th 16, 10:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Eric Stevens wrote:

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 11:48:00 -0500, Davoud wrote:

MC:
A 24" monitor seems to be the sweet spot for 1920x1080 when it comes to
computer use. Anything larger I would be inclined to go 1440p or even
4k.

The 27" 5K iMac Retina is fabulous for both Photoshop and Final Cut Pro
X. Bright, sharp, excellent color.

"Excellent color"? Are it's colors and different from any other good
monitor? I thought these things were color managed.

What Davoud is referring to, you fdjhaiohfua is the the DCI-P3 Color
Space.

http://www.dslrbodies.com/newsviews/another-new-color-space.html

http://tinyurl.com/o9oexx2
--