What Is the Best Way to Photograph Your Child?

Old August 8th 07, 06:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ghyti

Default What Is the Best Way to Photograph Your Child?

What Is the Best Way to Photograph Your Child?...
http://digitalcamera4you.blogspot.co...raph-your.html

Old August 8th 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
the_niner_nation

"ghyti" wrote in message
ups.com...
What Is the Best Way to Photograph Your Child?...
http://digitalcamera4you.blogspot.co...raph-your.html

sedate the bugger, set up a tri-pod, then snap away.
then in photoshop, superimpose his or her features from the infinite number
of stock photos available and viola...a truley wonderful picture of your
child :-, continue photoshopping until satisfied and then proudly show off
your fabulous ' photograph' :-)

Old August 8th 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Sheldon

"the_niner_nation" wrote in message
.. .

"ghyti" wrote in message
ups.com...
What Is the Best Way to Photograph Your Child?...
http://digitalcamera4you.blogspot.co...raph-your.html

sedate the bugger, set up a tri-pod, then snap away.
then in photoshop, superimpose his or her features from the infinite
number of stock photos available and viola...a truley wonderful picture of
your child :-, continue photoshopping until satisfied and then proudly
show off your fabulous ' photograph' :-)

Better yet, just buy a frame with the "perfect" family already in it. Cut
your head out of another photo and stick it on the photo inside the frame.
You'll be the envy of everyone at work when you put it on your desk. You
might want to stick a dog over the price tag.

Old August 9th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
the_niner_nation

"Sheldon" wrote in message
news

"the_niner_nation" wrote in message
.. .

"ghyti" wrote in message
ups.com...
What Is the Best Way to Photograph Your Child?...
http://digitalcamera4you.blogspot.co...raph-your.html

sedate the bugger, set up a tri-pod, then snap away.
then in photoshop, superimpose his or her features from the infinite
number of stock photos available and viola...a truley wonderful picture
of your child :-, continue photoshopping until satisfied and then proudly
show off your fabulous ' photograph' :-)

Better yet, just buy a frame with the "perfect" family already in it. Cut
your head out of another photo and stick it on the photo inside the frame.
You'll be the envy of everyone at work when you put it on your desk. You
might want to stick a dog over the price tag.

and then photoshop it.

Old August 9th 07, 08:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
HankB

On Aug 8, 5:57 pm, "Sheldon" wrote:
You
might want to stick a dog over the price tag.

A dog or a picture of a dog?

Old August 10th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wolfgang Weisselberg

ghyti wrote:
What Is the Best Way to Photograph Your Child?...
http://digitalcamera4you.blogspot.co...raph-your.html

| When you zoom a digital camera, all the camera does is blowing up the
| image on the screen.

Funny, I thought nearly all digital cameras (M8 and very cheap P&S being
excepted) had optical zooms these days.

| One trick to preserve the quality of the image is to make the image at
| a higher resolution.

And here _I_ thought the idea was to _get_ quality in first
place, not try to preserve lower quality images.

| When you take a picture, you will always put the object that
| you want in the center of the image won't you?

As likely as I am going to commit underwater mass murder with
chopsticks. _Sometimes_ I put the object there, but _most often_
I use the golden ratio or a 1/3rd placement.

See e.g.
http://weissel.smugmug.com/photos/117558810-M.jpg
http://weissel.smugmug.com/photos/109266105-M.jpg

| You should also take note before you snap a picture, of the margins
| surrounding the object.

You should also look where you walk, lest you run into lamp
posts and walls. Stop carrying coals to newcastle.

| There should be tiny spaces above a person head

A hand width is one common definition --- the hand being in the
scale of the peron in the shot. Again, this is _not_ always
the right way.

| and equal spacing on both the left and the right
| side of the person's body.

Nope. Being off-center is usually much better. Unless you
are doing mugshots of criminals.

-Wolfgang
Old August 10th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wolfgang Weisselberg

the_niner_nation wrote:
"ghyti" wrote in message

What Is the Best Way to Photograph Your Child?...

sedate the bugger, set up a tri-pod, then snap away.

Bah! Shoot the bugger, then snap away.

-Wolfgang