Source for Epson Printer ICC Profiles?

Old December 4th 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
BRH

Default Source for Epson Printer ICC Profiles?

I'm looking for ICC profiles (if they exist) for the Epson Stylus Photo
750 printer and the Picturemate Deluxe Viewer Edition. I searched the
Epson site, but could not locate any profiles for these printers.

Can someone help me out with this?

Thanks!
Old December 4th 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
frederick

BRH wrote:
I'm looking for ICC profiles (if they exist) for the Epson Stylus Photo
750 printer and the Picturemate Deluxe Viewer Edition. I searched the
Epson site, but could not locate any profiles for these printers.

Can someone help me out with this?

Thanks!

They probably don't exist.
ICC profiles are available from Epson for later / higher end models.
That's not to say that they couldn't be made, but only if the driver
allows printing with PS (or other ICC colour-aware app) to manage
colour. Can you do this? If not, then forget the idea of using them
with an ICC colour managed workflow.
Old December 4th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill Hilton

BRH wrote:

I'm looking for ICC profiles (if they exist) for the Epson Stylus Photo
750 printer and the Picturemate Deluxe Viewer Edition. I searched the
Epson site, but could not locate any profiles for these printers.

Can someone help me out with this?

Check in the printer driver dialog boxes if there's an 'ICC mode'
option or something like that ... what Epson did with the older
printers (prior to about the 1280/2000p era) was bundle all the
profiles into a single .icm file and then when you selected a
particular paper type the Epson driver would pull out the correct ICC
profile for that specific paper type from the 'bundle'. So you
wouldn't have access to the individual profiles (and can't soft proof
with them in Photoshop).

I think even on the first 2200 models the profiles were bundled and
then you could load the PIM driver and get additional access to the
individual profiles for softproofing.

So check the driver software options ... if these profiles exist they
will be in that common bundled ICM file and thus unaccessible except
via the Epson driver.

Bill

Old December 4th 06, 03:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
rafe b

BRH wrote in message ...
I'm looking for ICC profiles (if they exist) for the Epson Stylus Photo
750 printer and the Picturemate Deluxe Viewer Edition. I searched the
Epson site, but could not locate any profiles for these printers.

Can someone help me out with this?

That's an old printer. It was sold well before Epson
started providing real ICC profiles for their printers.
In fact it was sold well before most people took ICC
color management seriously.

You basically have three or four options:

1. Forget profiles. Believe it or not you can make
great prints without them (I owned a 750 for a while,
and loved it.) To do this, stick with Epson ink
and Epson paper, and use sRGB as your working
(color) space.) I worked this way for years.

2. Have a profile made. Search the web for this.
Cathy's Profiles does a good job and charges
around $40. No personal experience here, but
lots of positive reports.

3. If you have a half-decent flatbed scanner, you
can purchase a program like Profile Prism and try
making your own printer profile(s). In my
experience, this is touch-and-go. The program
costs around $60-75, but be prepared to waste
a good deal of ink and paper to get it right.

4. Search the web (at sites of outfits that sell
inkjet printer paper) for profiles that work.
Usually there are profiles available for free
download. Because yours is an old printer,
you're not likely to find an exact match, but
you may find one that works "well enough."

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com

Old December 4th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike Russell

BRH wrote in message
I'm looking for ICC profiles (if they exist) for the Epson Stylus Photo
750 printer and the Picturemate Deluxe Viewer Edition. I searched the
Epson site, but could not locate any profiles for these printers.

Can someone help me out with this?

Ian Lyons has provided profiles for the 750 and 1200
http://www.computer-darkroom.com/eps.../ps6_print.htm
http://homepage.mac.com/ilyons/icc-p...SP1200_750.zip
--

Mike Russell